Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

1 minute ago, Hip Priest said:

In a reply on twitter PS said "the first will be the one from last year with some improvements and the second a completely different one, except for some prominent artists who will play at both".

This sounds like a win for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

In a reply on twitter PS said "the first will be the one from last year with some improvements and the second a completely different one, except for some prominent artists who will play at both".

This would be perfect.

Edited by Createur

I‘m very sure we’ll see Rosalía, NIN, Nick Cave and Mogwai among the new names.

Who else? I can see Asap Rocky returning, new album due later this year which will be huge. Arcade Fire? 

I’d love to see Sophia Kennedy, who released probably the very best album coming from Germany recently.

As absolutely gutting as missing a weekend with Nick Cave, NIN , Arcade Fire, Portishead, etc. would be I do really hope that one weekend is basically the 2021 lineup. That’s what i’ve been looking forward to for basically 2 years now, I can’t be too upset about missing the other weekend when it’s something i’d not had a ticket to anyway

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Createur said:

A lot of refunds will be requested because people will see their 2021 highlights spread out over two weekends. 11 days in Barcelona is too much money for many. Line-Up will surely be very good but people will count their lost bands.

I think there will be barely any refund requests.

People are gagging for a festival, let alone the first great festival lineup anywhere in Europe since 2019.

Would we be right to assume that with weekend one being last year’s line up that will be what’s carried over to Porto? I know there was some talk that the second weekend would perhaps share the line up with Porto but this would seem unlikely now, save for one or two acts i.e. Pavement playing all three

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

I've decided i'll do both and if I have to sell a kidney thats fine.

"Most folks can spare a portion of their liver, a lung, some intestines, and an eyeball, and still live a long life"

Other options in case you need to raise extra cash...

It is hard not to get excited about the prospect of a 10 day Primavera (I will skip the beach brunch). I just booked accomodation for the entire thing. 

The four days in between will be really nice to focus on food and sightseeing and hopefully a couple of interesting smaller shows. However I know there will be some major issues with fatigue and aching feet during that second weekend. 

1 hour ago, brosch said:

I‘m very sure we’ll see Rosalía, NIN, Nick Cave and Mogwai among the new names.

Who else? I can see Asap Rocky returning, new album due later this year which will be huge. Arcade Fire? 

I’d love to see Sophia Kennedy, who released probably the very best album coming from Germany recently.

I'd add St. Vincent to the list

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Olivedal 1904 said:

It is hard not to get excited about the prospect of a 10 day Primavera (I will skip the beach brunch). I just booked accomodation for the entire thing. 

The four days in between will be really nice to focus on food and sightseeing and hopefully a couple of interesting smaller shows. However I know there will be some major issues with fatigue and aching feet during that second weekend. 

You get four days to recover in between both weekends. Should be doable.

This was my big PS dream for next year, the first weekend with most of the (awesome) 2021 program and then a second totally new lineup the weekend after. Wow, this is going to be so good (and exhausting)! I can hardly believe it.  

Wishes for weekend 2 is Deafheaven, Lucy Dacus, Sharon Van Etten, Japanese Breakfast, Rosalia, Mogwai, Arab Strap, Iceage, St. Vincent and so many more. The wait to Tuesday is going to be sooo long. 

Btw, according to Ara, the budget for PS22 is 50 million. 

Edited by Alella

I absolutely wish i could sack off work, somehow get loads of money and do 2 weekends but fuck me one weekend is expensive enough with ticket accom flights etc from the UK. It seems like a weird set-up that most people won't be able to afford surely? 

Although happy that hopefully the first weekend will resemble the 2021 line up, as that's what my accom is booked for buuuuut i imagine if Mogwai. st vincent NIN etc are added on the second weekend it will be a tough call. EITHER WAY, bring on tuesday !!