Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Why does it say "Barcelona . Sant Adria"? The festival has pretty much always been in Sant Adria I think (either the Forum is in the district of Sant Adria or right on the border of it).

image.png.c44cb0c4f3dcc078fd3e9dfd80137fd3.png

maybe not only Parc del Forum but different locations around it?

Maybe the doubling refers to the space. Is there a big site the other side of the port/marina past the Primavera Bits (dance) area?

Or yes, could well be the municipality provided funding (although it's a tiny and presumably not rich borough with only 30,000 people living there) or free/subsidised space.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Maybe the doubling refers to the space. Is there a big site the other side of the port/marina past the Primavera Bits (dance) area?

Or yes, could well be the municipality provided funding (although it's a tiny and presumably not rich borough with only 30,000 people living there) or free/subsidised space.

That would seem fittingly anticlimactic 😁 Everybody waiting for twice the artists but only getting twice the stages with the usual number of artists (ok, probably slightly larger number..)

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don't think it'll be doublin in space, that would make it even more chaotic.

Maybe a one-off concert in the area, aside from PS, so locals that can't afford PS can see them too? Don't know how big they are in Spain.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Why does it say "Barcelona . Sant Adria"? The festival has pretty much always been in Sant Adria I think (either the Forum is in the district of Sant Adria or right on the border of it).

image.png.c44cb0c4f3dcc078fd3e9dfd80137fd3.png

It's easy, all the electronic part of the forum is located within the Sant Adria district, and many times, they have had to negotiate with them and not only with the Barcelona city council.

On the other hand, it is possible that they receive public money from that district for things as basic as having their name appear on the poster, or simply, they want to give them the recognition they deserve

Edited by davidoffescassi

55 minutes ago, pipan said:

Well, we already know it's going to happen between 11:00 and 13:00 next tuesday. I don't need another countdown, I'm already on board of the hype train, first class. 🙂

Do we? Could still be announced before the programm at RPS. It would be a pretty bad move to reveal the line up only to those who got tickets. The last couple years we always got the line up video at 10:00, unless someone leaked it like 2018 and 2020.

Edited by Quadrophobia