Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

yes, they changed the visuals. exciting times.

if they do announce festival dates tomorrow, and it's two weekends, people who are holding tickets will lose there shit between then and the line up announcement worrying about which dates they are covered for. myself included.

Edited by riseupandkill

42 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

if they do announce festival dates tomorrow, and it's two weekends, people who are holding tickets will lose there shit between then and the line up announcement worrying about which dates they are covered for. myself included.

They can announce the line up next week and the details of the two weekend idea a couple of days after tomorrow

kind of a strecht to call two days without info "a weird period of uncertainity", but ok. if you already know they're planning two weekends you also know that you will be able to choose which one you want to go. as long as they spill all the info (the lineups and how to roll out tickets) by the time the window open I think we're good

23 minutes ago, Nesser said:

kind of a strecht to call two days without info "a weird period of uncertainity", but ok. if you already know they're planning two weekends you also know that you will be able to choose which one you want to go. as long as they spill all the info (the lineups and how to roll out tickets) by the time the window open I think we're good

well, the two days period is your guess, not mine.

i'm not bothered, they'll just get bombarded with social media enquiries. thought they might want to minimise that.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

well, the two days period is your guess, not mine.

i'm not bothered, they'll just get bombarded with social media enquiries. thought they might want to minimise that.

Ha yeh I’ve asked lots of silly questions of them on Twitter. 

18 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

I'd disagree. Last news on them was that recording on the new album was far from finished. Could be they do a few shows in 2022, but it doesnt look a lot like we'll see them tour proper til '23 

They were recording record #6 in Texas during the election (November 2020). Surely it'll be ready for release by June of 2022?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/win-butler-gives-update-on-arcade-fires-new-album-i-think-youll-be-surprised-2793963

Edited by jadel74
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

The Strokes missing from that WoW line up, doesn't bode well for them returning for Primavera either I suppose.

At this point that really doesn't say much. Maybe some festival has a right to announce them first. I have one in mind. 

3 hours ago, jadel74 said:

They were recording record #6 in Texas during the election (November 2020). Surely it'll be ready for release by June of 2022?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/win-butler-gives-update-on-arcade-fires-new-album-i-think-youll-be-surprised-2793963

Richard Reed Perry talked to the Montreal Gazette like two months ago an it had this in it:

"A new Arcade Fire album is in the works, but a release date is far from certain. The band recorded together for a month in the fall, according to Parry, and will likely converge again in the spring. But for now, that’s the band on the back burner, and Bell Orchestre is getting credit where credit is due."

https://montrealgazette.com/entertainment/local-arts/arcade-fire-takes-back-seat-as-bell-orchestre-reemerges-with-new-album

So the new Album isn't even recorded yet. And it usually takes more than a year from the finished recordings to a release. So I'd say the earliest the album will be released is Fall 2022. So a proper tour is something I wouldn't expect for 2022

Edited by Quadrophobia

9 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

Seems from 11 to 13 spanish time

My understanding of the post is that you can discover the line up with them. I doubt it is being released piece by piece during the show. Probably they'll give us a video like the years before. Then afterwards, they'll dig into the line up at RPS

Edited by Quadrophobia