Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

41 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I messaged them on twitter asking about the dates and they replied pretty quickly saying “the dates aren’t confirmed yet, sorry”. Seems a bit odd that they still won’t confirm them.

To be fair they've been working well over a year in advance for booking and it's probably difficult to lock in certain artists that far ahead, particularly given the current state of the festival landscape. There's loads of moving parts, certainly for larger headliners.

Edited by jannybruck

4 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

To be fair they've been working well over a year in advance for booking and it's probably difficult to lock in certain artists that far ahead, particularly given the current state of the festival landscape. There's loads of moving parts, particularly for larger headliners.

That’s true but as it’s usually always Wednesday-Sunday dates advertised on the poster isn’t it? With the extra gigs on a Monday and Tuesday not being included. The logistics for fitting as many 2020, 2021 and new acts in must be very difficult but surely to fit everyone in they must know what dates they’re booking acts for?

I’ve been quite skeptical of the idea of there being two weekends but I’m starting to come round to the idea of it.

30 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

That’s true but as it’s usually always Wednesday-Sunday dates advertised on the poster isn’t it? With the extra gigs on a Monday and Tuesday not being included. The logistics for fitting as many 2020, 2021 and new acts in must be very difficult but surely to fit everyone in they must know what dates they’re booking acts for?

Yeah, I imagine they have probably a bunch of weekends around June soft booked depending on what headliners are best for when, and then will make a call on the specific weekend they want. Prima is often the first stop for a lot of overseas artists as it's very early in the summer, and many are probably still weighing up their options. Imagine it's a nightmare logistically tbh.

4 hours ago, sinivali said:

I've noticed some websites listing it as 9-12 June instead, but they seem to be guesses based on nothing in particular.

NOS Primavera Porto dates are 9-12 June according to their official website:
https://www.primaverasound.com/en/porto/porto-cancellation-2021
So everyone assumed Barcelona would have been the week before (as usual and as DICE says), but ther are still no official confirmations.

Edited by gigi21

On 4/23/2021 at 4:32 PM, jannybruck said:

Yeah, I imagine they have probably a bunch of weekends around June soft booked depending on what headliners are best for when, and then will make a call on the specific weekend they want. Prima is often the first stop for a lot of overseas artists as it's very early in the summer, and many are probably still weighing up their options. Imagine it's a nightmare logistically tbh.

This is the reason precisely. I've seen festivals the size of PS move their originally planned dates for ONE act. If they are still trying to pin down one act, they might change dates to accomodate that act. If you act early enough and soft book the other acts for two weekends that is a risk worth taking. Not even an uncommon thing to do. Might be they're after someone who is supposed to play Governors ball. 

Quetion remains if its reasonable to hold BCN and Porto the same weekend. I guess its more likely they have narrowerd everything down to the weekend thats on DICE but there is no need to confirm it until all contracts are rocksolid. 

edit: the amount of the word "act" in the first paragraph is uninteninal

Edited by Quadrophobia

15 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Bikini Kill just announced their rescheduled tour starting next year on 5th June in Italy and have a spare date on the 11th which almost certainly suggests Barcelona that first weekend, and Porto the second.

Rolling Blackouts also announced new dates ... UK/Ire Tour finishes on Wed 8th, Euro Tour starts on Mon 13th

8 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Good stuff! Assuming current ticket holders will get first dibs on what weekend they want to attend then, or will it be a case of current ticket holders getting weekend #1 and weekend #2 being a fresh sale?

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Good stuff! Assuming current ticket holders will get first dibs on what weekend they want to attend then, or will it be a case of current ticket holders getting weekend #1 and weekend #2 being a fresh sale?

ticket holder get to choose makes more sense.

also note it says 'two lineups'. Might just some translation or phrasing, or maybe small changes in the lineups, but might be two different lineups. this can actually help them solve the headliners inflation if they're able to keep everyone and want to add some fresh ones 

4 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

ticket holder get to choose makes more sense.

also note it says 'two lineups'. Might just some translation or phrasing, or maybe small changes in the lineups, but might be two different lineups. this can actually help them solve the headliners inflation if they're able to keep everyone and want to add some fresh ones 

I’d be pretty gutted if it’s two different lineups tbh. Small changes here and there I get, but different headliners and bigger acts would be a real shiter.