Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

17 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

I've never been to Primavera before, but had tickets for '21 and rolled them over to '22. Modest Mouse are my favourite band, and with their tour dates in Germany I've convinced myself that they're likely for the Primavera Weekender. Does anyone more experienced have any thoughts on whether this is a reasonable guess, and who else might be on the line-up? Am I right in thinking all the tickets come with accommodation as a package deal, so it's going to be really limited with capacity? I'm assuming this is going to be make it an instant sell-out type situation where it's a bit of a bloodbath trying to get tickets.

Yes, the ticket includes accommodation and full board. Capacity is around 1,000. I was thinking there will be a bloodbath, as you put it, for tickets tomorrow but now I'm not so sure - €300 is a lot of money for a small festival with not one name announced. Why hasn't the line-up come out, I wonder. Either it's so good they don't need to put it out (yet) or they are going to stiff us with a load of Spanish bands 😬. Somewhere in the middle I suppose, in PS we Trust! Also, it's an indoor festival so there may still be some covid-restrictions in place in Nov. Having said all that, I hope to attend, had a great time at the first one.

Your guess is as good as mine on Modest Mouse. They are playing a festival in Germany on Friday 5 Nov, right? The Baltic to Benidorm in one day is do-able I suppose but I don't know if I'd take a €300 gamble on it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

Yes, the ticket includes accommodation and full board. Capacity is around 1,000. I was thinking there will be a bloodbath, as you put it, for tickets tomorrow but now I'm not so sure - €300 is a lot of money for a small festival with not one name announced. Why hasn't the line-up come out, I wonder. Either it's so good they don't need to put it out (yet) or they are going to stiff us with a load of Spanish bands 😬. Somewhere in the middle I suppose, in PS we Trust! Also, it's an indoor festival so there may still be some covid-restrictions in place in Nov. Having said all that, I hope to attend, had a great time at the first one.

Your guess is as good as mine on Modest Mouse. They are playing a festival in Germany on Friday 5 Nov, right? The Baltic to Benidorm in one day is do-able I suppose but I don't know if I'd take a €300 gamble on it!

Thanks very much for the reply! It's super helpful.

Modest Mouse are indeed playing North Germany on the Friday, at Rolling Stone Beach which seems a similar set up to Primavera Weekender in that its an accommodation + festival ticket package deal. It should be do-able for the band to play there and fly over.

Buying does seem like a big risk without the line-up out, but I think I have to trust Primavera and hope they'll put something good out. If it doesn't work for me personally then hopefully there will be enough interest in the re-sale market to transfer it over to someone who does!

Edited by BlackFoxx
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Thanks very much for the reply! It's super helpful.

Modest Mouse are indeed playing North Germany on the Friday, at Rolling Stone Beach which seems a similar set up to Primavera Weekender in that its an accommodation + festival ticket package deal. It should be do-able for the band to play there and fly over.

Buying does seem like a big risk without the line-up out, but I think I have to trust Primavera and hope they'll put something good out. If it doesn't work for me personally then hopefully there will be enough interest in the re-sale market to transfer it over to someone who does!

Absolutely doable. It takes around 1.5 hours to Hamburg from where, under normal conditions, at least two flights a day go to Barcelona. Not sure though how bands can plan with the reduced air traffic right now. Also, they might as well play RSB on Saturday, but that'll come down to the same I guess.

Rolling Stone Beach indeed is a very similar concept as PS Weekender. Indoor, carefully selected line up and set by the sea. However, temperatures will not be as comfortable as in Benidrom I guess 😄 Also, the festival mainly aims for 40+ attendees mostly, and 80% of tickets or so come with a room.

I bought a ticket, mainly to see Modest Mouse again, but the rest of the line up is kinda good too. I could imagine PS would also get Lucy Dacus, Warpaint and Sleaford Mods on board.  

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

A VIP option just appeared...

Just seen this too, looks like the same Robin Hood double room as I've already bought, just with a VIP Pack. Any clue what that involves?