Primavera Sound 2022

daveje

2 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

MBV have an announcement coming on Wednesday...

Seems like at least some part of it is their stuff coming to streaming and possibly some vinyl reissues etc, but fingers crossed it’s leading to new music and touring! Would be very happy with them playing. 

On 3/28/2021 at 12:53 AM, xxialac said:

Counter point:

5,000 people were in a concert in the same city as Primavera Sound tonight.

No social distancing.

It’s still only March 2021 and this can happen even before the imminent positive impact of vaccines.

With mandatory FFP2 masks. In a test scenario. 

Just read through this article, why testing, even with PCR, cannot solve the problem for festivals.
https://www.diamandis.com/blog/false-sense-security

The conditions under which major festivals will be able to come back are herd immunity and low infection rates. Without either they wont happen, period.

We will see concerts coming back at the end of the year with some luck, outdoor possibly somewhat sooner. But not festivals with five digit attendee numbers

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Seems like at least some part of it is their stuff coming to streaming and possibly some vinyl reissues etc, but fingers crossed it’s leading to new music and touring! Would be very happy with them playing. 

Their catalogue will come to streaming, they accidentally already put up spotify banners on Sunday. No new material to my knowledge.

Edited by Quadrophobia

32 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

No new material to my knowledge.

They’re definitely working on something according to this dudes website;

He has also been recording the new album for MY BLOODY VALENTINE and worked with KEVIN SHIELDS on remastering ‘loveless’ and ‘isn’t anything’ for Vinyl. 
https://andysavours.com

So I’m guessing their stuff coming to streaming is their somewhat reintroduction to the world before bigger/newer stuff later on, and hopefully a tour.

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They’re definitely working on something according to this dudes website;

He has also been recording the new album for MY BLOODY VALENTINE and worked with KEVIN SHIELDS on remastering ‘loveless’ and ‘isn’t anything’ for Vinyl. 
https://andysavours.com

So I’m guessing their stuff coming to streaming is their somewhat reintroduction to the world before bigger/newer stuff later on, and hopefully a tour.

Yeah, not saying there isn't anything (hehe) coming soemtime, just that to my knowledge, tomorrow is about their stuff coming to streaming.

2 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

Great news. Is it definitely this November? Website says next November but could be a translation thing. 

Yep, this November. I just think it's one of those weird european things. Like they say next summer to mean summer 2021, and this summer is Summer 2020. It's fucking stupid

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Yep, this November. I just think it's one of those weird european things. Like they say next summer to mean summer 2021, and this summer is Summer 2020. It's fucking stupid

That's an Anglosaxan thing, not a European thing.

My (English) mum does that - drives me crazy.

13 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

not sure why you’d opt for a cabin without a jacuzzi as it’s the same price?

Just seen this myself. 

From what I can see there’s only a capacity for 1000 within the park, so I can imagine managing to get one of those with a hot tub will be near impossible?