Van crew - assemble

blutarsky

• 3 weeks later...

Just taken delivery of a double seat / rock n roll bed from East Coast camper conversions. I will need to get it fitted this weekend and next as we are off to Leopalooza on the 21st and to France for a fortnight on the 1st of august. I got dropped off on the drive on a pallet as I was about to leave home so will get it unwrapped into the van this afternoon. Pics to follow. 

7 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Just taken delivery of a double seat / rock n roll bed from East Coast camper conversions. I will need to get it fitted this weekend and next as we are off to Leopalooza on the 21st and to France for a fortnight on the 1st of august. I got dropped off on the drive on a pallet as I was about to leave home so will get it unwrapped into the van this afternoon. Pics to follow. 

Just sorted myself a DJ slot. Not sure what venue or day.

On 5/16/2023 at 9:55 AM, Twiggy553 said:

I’ve been messing about with 18mm ply to create these lovely contoured mountainscapes. The one pictured is an overhead panel that covers some ugly electrical conduit in the van. It’s actually a map of the five valleys (and surrounding mountains) that come together at Briançon in the Haute Alps

i’ve been toying with the idea of making a table top using this method (with clear resin to make it a flat surface)

IMG_8346.jpeg

Very cool.  How did you do that?

On 7/9/2023 at 7:05 AM, blutarsky said:

The new double seat went in yesterday, and so did the driver side seat swivel. Raised floor being built today and a swivel for the double bench seat on order. 

IMG_5554.jpeg

I like the extending roof. Looks like the top floor of a house, complete with guttering, double glazing and white rendered outside wall finish etc!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I like the extending roof. Looks like the top floor of a house, complete with guttering, double glazing and white rendered outside wall finish etc!

Yeah, it's a pop top. Two double bedrooms and an en suite up there. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Yeah, it's a pop top. Two double bedrooms and an en suite up there. 

Yeah, thought it would be something like that - even if it is a little de rigueur for my liking. Can't see a staircase though. I can only think that you have yet to install a fireman's / woman's / they's / it's pole within the van?

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yeah, thought it would be something like that - even if it is a little de rigueur for my liking. Can't see a staircase though. I can only think that you have yet to install a fireman's / woman's / they's / it's pole within the van?

There's a lift - you sit on the loo and pressing the flush fires you up there. 

• 6 months later...