Just now, thetime said:

Saw shed seven there a couple of years ago, I suppose it's the type of fans bands attract rather than the venue itself. 

I seen Shed 7 there during the Britpop days, it was a Friday night and they had Northern Uproar supporting. It was free and it was not full. I was gobsmacked when they were doing sell out yours if big venues recently. Think 808 state were on the following night (again free) and the place was absolutely rammed. It became D-Percussion not long after that.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, the update has nothing to do with Parklife lmao

I have no idea why I typed June!!    was meant to be, I think most of this years lineups will be U.K. acts

Lineup insider 1. Megan Thee Stallion 2. Lewis Capaldi 3. Dua Lipa 4. The Streets  5. Tame Impala

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I seen Shed 7 there during the Britpop days, it was a Friday night and they had Northern Uproar supporting. It was free and it was not full. I was gobsmacked when they were doing sell out yours if big venues recently. Think 808 state were on the following night (again free) and the place was absolutely rammed. It became D-Percussion not long after that.

Yes sheds are doing really well in the live scene, hopefully shedcember will be announced shortly. Playing high up on festival bills. 

Neighbourhood should be a good one with shed 7 and James on the Saturday.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Yes sheds are doing really well in the live scene, hopefully shedcember will be announced shortly. Playing high up on festival bills. 

Neighbourhood should be a good one with shed 7 and James on the Saturday.

I will go to anything at the minute mate. Even better that Ian dunce Brown is no longer playing.

Whisper it though, I am actually looking to get out of Manchester, so no idea where I will be living and working by then.

Whilst it’s an impressive lineup, don’t think there’s enough there to tempt me to buy a ticket. I’m more about the live acts than DJs for the most part and not many of the ones announced here are doing it for me in comparison to previous years. 

Edited by FloorFiller
11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Whilst it’s an impressive lineup, don’t think there’s enough there to tempt me to buy a ticket. I’m more about the live acts than DJs for the most part and not many of the ones announced here are doing it for me in comparison to previous years. 

I feel the same about it. It seems to get the same big DJs every year. I’d be up for seeing plenty of them on a night out, but at a festival, during the day? Not so much. 

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Seems far weaker than previous editions.

There are no stand out headliners and nothing jumps out as exciting. If you have been going Parklife or WHP over the years, there is nothing new on there. 

But, under the circumstances its probably the best you could expect. They have probably been calling in favours from artists who they have supported over the years, so the  financial liabilities are not ridiculous if it gets pulled again.

It will be a good weekend. The weather is usually pleasant in Manchester at that time of year. New Order and Hot Chip the Friday. Then there is the possibility of watching City win or United get beat over the weekend, before a pissup with real people. Whats not to like?

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Then there is the possibility of watching City win or United get beat over the weekend, before a pissup with real people. Whats not to like?

I know its off topic, but that will be interesting for the police. 200k at Heaton Park + a potential full house at Old Trafford. They can't even delay it to the Monday night, due to Europe that week. 

Then again it will be the same.in London that weekend.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

I know its off topic, but that will be interesting for the police. 200k at Heaton Park + a potential full house at Old Trafford. They can't even delay it to the Monday night, due to Europe that week. 

Then again it will be the same.in London that weekend.

Early kick off on the Saturday or possibly Friday night?

Just now, Bob123456 said:

Oh my bad didn't realise u spoke about the teams separately thought u were saying that somehow manchester derby was going to be that weekend🤣

It would be a disaster waiting to open. Derby day can be a bit of a nightmare as it is. Chuck in a load of Scousers going Parklife and you are asking for trouble

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Early kick off on the Saturday or possibly Friday night?

Well it seems leeds play away during the leeds fest, so will be interesting to see.

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Well it seems leeds play away during the leeds fest, so will be interesting to see.

It makes sense for City to be at home really during Parklife. Less strain on resources.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

There are no stand out headliners and nothing jumps out as exciting. If you have been going Parklife or WHP over the years, there is nothing new on there. 

But, under the circumstances its probably the best you could expect. They have probably been calling in favours from artists who they have supported over the years, so the  financial liabilities are not ridiculous if it gets pulled again.

It will be a good weekend. The weather is usually pleasant in Manchester at that time of year. New Order and Hot Chip the Friday. Then there is the possibility of watching City win or United get beat over the weekend, before a pissup with real people. Whats not to like?

Hard to say there's nothing new when they've got Pa Salieu, who's just won BBC Sound of 21, and Megan Thee Stallion who won the Grammy for best new artist.

People like Da Baby, Young Thug and Earl Sweatshirt who are big over the water are massive signings too- wont see them playing many UK shows. 

honestly, i am pretty impressed with the lineup - as much as there arent as many 'live' acts as usual, the dj side of things is incredibly strong (defo think it makes up for people (including me) not being able to get creamfields tickets) and the rap names they have got are very very big gets (as said above) megan, dababy, young thug, skepta and dave are VERY solid bookings, this also will defo help push dave up to headline status with the next album to larger festivals too (r+l, glasto?!). then also a lot of festival favourites too such as mabel, becky hill, slowthai... then a lot of artists i reckon will blow up between now and the festival, i think under the circumstances theyve done a great job and seems to have gone done incredibly well on social media (other than the tyler, the creator fanboys)... glad i managed to get some tickets in the 2020 ticket holder presale as i think tickets will fly, very excited for september!! 

53 minutes ago, stanh said:

completely sold out... no general sale tomorrow

ExPjwm0W8AIyK_m.jpg

Not at all surprising. Them even announcing the possibility of a general sale seemed mental to me, but guess they’ve gotta prepare for every eventuality.