• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, the update has nothing to do with Parklife lmao

I have no idea why I typed June!!    was meant to be, I think most of this years lineups will be U.K. acts

Lineup insider 1. Megan Thee Stallion 2. Lewis Capaldi 3. Dua Lipa 4. The Streets  5. Tame Impala

Posted Images

yeah for sure, same with wireless... i think furlough/not having as many in the offices may have had an impact, so not as much of a chance of things being leaked maybe? not too sure otherwise

7 hours ago, stanh said:

yeah for sure, same with wireless... i think furlough/not having as many in the offices may have had an impact, so not as much of a chance of things being leaked maybe? not too sure otherwise

v good shout this

I was considering going to this but every time I look at the replies to their Twitter announcements I realise that I’m like ten years older and a couple of milligrams of lip filler short of their current clientele 😅😪

Still gonna consider it if the lineup is decent, but I’m kind of hoping it isn’t so I can just hang out with all the older pilled up bucket hat wearers at New Order on the Friday instead. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I was considering going to this but every time I look at the replies to their Twitter announcements I realise that I’m like ten years older and a couple of milligrams of lip filler short of their current clientele 😅😪

Still gonna consider it if the lineup is decent, but I’m kind of hoping it isn’t so I can just hang out with all the older pilled up bucket hat wearers at New Order on the Friday instead. 

So, you're 27? 🙂

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

what’re our predictions for this? 

honestly not got a clue... gonna go with megan thee stallion or tyler, the creator, then holding out for dave, jorja smith, solardo, peggy gou, fisher, sonny fodera, eric prydz, camelphat, mk, becky hill and bicep. also reckon mabel will be there because she seems to be a regular there, and at most festivals this year

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Take Glastonbury out and that's the same for every festival at that age lol. I'm 34 and I probably won't know past the top line Haha.

On the money side though, I won't be held to random over ticket price inflation based on being just wanting to see music. It's a gig lol, not a bloody inflated holiday while schools are out. 

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I am 42, have been Parklife it my late 30's and never had any problems.

You have not got that right with the New Order clientele and following, its nothing like a Roses or Oasis one.

18 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am 42, have been Parklife it my late 30's and never had any problems.

You have not got that right with the New Order clientele and following, its nothing like a Roses or Oasis one.

That’s good to hear! Although I wasn’t so much thinking there were gonna be problems but rather feel slightly out of place amongst all the young’uns off their tits (whilst simultaneously being off my tits).

And yeah I suppose New Order didn’t quite transcend the lads lads lads crowd like Oasis and Roses so I am probably off there. Surprised that one hasn’t sold out yet what with it being such a reasonable price and good lineup, but I guess New Order aren’t exactly hard to come by live as they’re pretty regularly on tour.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

And yeah I suppose New Order didn’t quite transcend the lads lads lads crowd like Oasis and Roses so I am probably off there. Surprised that one hasn’t sold out yet what with it being such a reasonable price and good lineup, but I guess New Order aren’t exactly hard to come by live as they’re pretty regularly on tour.

Not a surprise as new order were more 80s.

Edited by thetime

Praying that i’m wrong but I think Tyler will be out of the mix judging by his other tour dates. 

My money’s on Dave and Dua, with Skepy, Disclosure and Jamie xx on the undercard. Usual big EDM names like Prydz, Cox and Beyer to be expected.

Also guessing the traditional road rap scene will be back in force, Jme, Giggs etc. Potential for a few new drill boys on there too. 

40 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

That’s good to hear! Although I wasn’t so much thinking there were gonna be problems but rather feel slightly out of place amongst all the young’uns off their tits (whilst simultaneously being off my tits).

New Order at Castlefield is the most rawkish crowd I have ever seen they plat to. To put it bluntly, it was full of knobs. Unfortunately that may be says more about Castlefield than New Order.Thats the only time I have felt uncomfortable at a New Order gig.

Whats the capacity at Heaton Park? 40K? I reckon that they will just about sell it out. Just thinking, that will be the biggest ever crowd I would have seen them at in this country (festivals not included).It might actually be there biggest ever headline gig. It will be a good day, thats for sure.

Never had any issues at Parklife. Its definitely more scally than when it was a Platt Lane. Have heard it get a bad rep over the years on here, but I have seen it kick off more at Glasto, when they decided to put Fatboy Slim on The Blues, at 1am in the morning.

It is easily the most diverse and invlusive festival I have ever attended and it should be celebrated.

You will have a good weekend if you go. Couple of years ago we just sat in the sun and got absolutely shit faced. It was a great weekend.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, eastynh said:

New Order at Castlefield is the most rawkish crowd I have ever seen they plat to. To put it bluntly, it was full of knobs. Unfortunately that may be says more about Castlefield than New Order.Thats the only time I have felt uncomfortable at a New Order gig.

Love the castlefield venue, one of the better manc ones.

Edited by thetime
45 minutes ago, thetime said:

Arcade Fire were amazing there a few years ago.

43 minutes ago, thetime said:

I have been going there for years. From the free 808 state gigs, to the D-Percussion 2-day festivals they had there. Unfortunately the recent line ups have attracted a load of tools (saying that, my mate got carried out by his hands and feet at the Chic gig. He must be the only man in history to get threw out of a Chic gig). The James and Hacienda Classical gigs were also full of clowns.

It must be the venue as when New Order did their residency at Granada Studios (which is literally yards away), the crown was entirely different. I went to 3 of the Granada studios gigs and it could have not been more different to Castlefield.

I have had some fantastic nights amd days at Castlefield over the years though.

Just now, eastynh said:

I have been going there for years. From the free 808 state gigs, to the D-Percussion 2-day festivals they had there. Unfortunately the recent line ups have attracted a load of tools (saying that, my mate got carried out by his hands and feet at the Chic gig. He must be the only man in history to get threw out of a Chic gig). The James and Hacienda Classical gigs were also full of clowns.

It must be the venue as when New Order did their residency at Granada Studios (which is literally yards away), the crown was entirely different. I went to 3 of the Granada studios gigs and it could have not been more different to Castlefield.

I have had some fantastic nights amd days at Castlefield over the years though.

Saw shed seven there a couple of years ago, I suppose it's the type of fans bands attract rather than the venue itself.