Wilderness 2021

adequate8

I've just been looking on the website and (unless I've missed something) it seems that a few names have been added without any fanfare.

Mario Batkovic, Tankus the Henge and Gypsy Hill caught my eye. I'm sure they weren't there on earlier announcements. 

34 minutes ago, gibble said:

...and on Thrill Collins bandsintown page it states they are playing on 5th Aug. 

No surprise there - that'll be the headlining the Jump Yard on the Thursday night again (or whatever that stage is called this year).

1 hour ago, incident said:

There's now a Wilderness Festival app on Googe Play - it's currently got stage times listed for the Main Stage and The Level, so hopefully other areas will be populated soon.

Any hope of a few screenshots of the main and I’ll do a clashfinder, no google devices here

Yeah, very expensive - looks like San Miguel is the "basic" lager option this year, so based on prices at Latitude would assume somewhere around £6.50-£7 a pint.

I'm slightly cautious about saying this because it appears that Festival Republic are exerting more influence than they have in the past and they absolutely love searching people, but previously I've only seen bag checks into the arena on the Thursday and even then they've been a lot lighter touch than at most arena based festivals.

What are people looking forward to most?

I think Bicep will be incredible, also up for Weird Milk, Katy J Pearson and Holly Humberstone.

Will be checking out other stuff like Hip Hop Kareoke, Hate n Live, Disco Dodgeball, Letters Live, State of the Nation, Wilderness Proms n others too

1 hour ago, adequate8 said:

I think Bicep will be incredible, also up for Weird Milk, Katy J Pearson and Holly Humberstone.

Will be checking out other stuff like Hip Hop Kareoke, Hate n Live, Disco Dodgeball, Letters Live, State of the Nation, Wilderness Proms n others too

I wanna do HH Karaoke too! Franc Moody seems like they'd be fun, Loyle Carner should be great too. 

Does anyone know if there are any hot/boiling water taps? I was thinking of bringing some coffee+oats for brekkie

2 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Of the Wilderness "standards", I'd suggest taking in some of the Sunday lunchtime cricket match (moreso than the Saturday one which is played a bit straighter).

I also quite like the Wilderness Orchestra stuff as a pleasant relaxed way of spending a sunny afternoon, though that may not to be everyones taste. There's recordings up of their sets from 2018 and 2019.

9 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Bicep, Jamie XX, Mahalia, Weird Milk, CMAT and Blessed Madonna should all be excellent. Looking forward to checking out action at the House of Sublime too.

Also booked a meal for the Friday so will be nice to do my first ever posh sit down dinner at a festival!