Wilderness 2021

adequate8

37 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

Agree! I even messaged them the other week and they said the line up is coming soon. My fear is they're just not that bothered as they're already sold out. Their social media presence generally seems quite lacklustre.

Yeah exactly! Hopefully they are finalising something that is worth the wait. I agree with you on the social media point... the comments they get are mostly ‘where’s the lineup?’.

35 minutes ago, Nick-bristol said:

Glastonbury is held in June and they don't release their line-up until mid April. What is the rush? They're trying to organise a great festival. I've never worried who's playing before and have always loved the acts.

My friends and I are first time Wilderness goers so we're just excited. A few are possibly flaking so it would be nice to get a sense of who is going to be there. But really the line up is just part of the build up fun 🙂 

22 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

My friends and I are first time Wilderness goers so we're just excited. A few are possibly flaking so it would be nice to get a sense of who is going to be there. But really the line up is just part of the build up fun 🙂 

To be honest, given the type of announcements currently coming out of other festivals, I'm happy for them to stay quiet as long as they need. Wilderness being owned by Live Nation potentially means they have a bit more financial stability behind them, but it might also mean that decisions on risk are being taken by some beancounter and not the people who put the festival together.

My guess is that if it goes ahead it's probably going to be a pretty similar to what was announced for last year - aside from Kelis, the lineup was heavily UK based anyway, and I think most of the acts are currently planned to be active and available.

35 minutes ago, incident said:

To be honest, given the type of announcements currently coming out of other festivals, I'm happy for them to stay quiet as long as they need. Wilderness being owned by Live Nation potentially means they have a bit more financial stability behind them, but it might also mean that decisions on risk are being taken by some beancounter and not the people who put the festival together.

My guess is that if it goes ahead it's probably going to be a pretty similar to what was announced for last year - aside from Kelis, the lineup was heavily UK based anyway, and I think most of the acts are currently planned to be active and available.

That's probably true and to be honest I'd be very happy if the line up is similar to what was announced before!

On 4/16/2021 at 5:10 PM, incident said:

Wilderness being owned by Live Nation

I didn't know they were live nation (should have known, what festival isn't in someway owned by them now though...)

Could this be a nice test run of any procedures they need to run 3 weeks before reading and Leeds then?

7 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I didn't know they were live nation (should have known, what festival isn't in someway owned by them now though...)

Could this be a nice test run of any procedures they need to run 3 weeks before reading and Leeds then?

They do like to pretend that they're a bit more independent than most LN properties.

Technically speaking - Wilderness is run by MAMA Festivals which is owned by Live Nation and operates kind of as their "boutique" department - on that basis I don't know how much they can translate things directly to R+L or even how much knowledge sharing there is within LN. A lot of what they do is quite different to the events put on by Festival Republic including in entrance procedures - for example I don't know if they plan to continue it this year but Wilderness is the only festival I've seen to send wristbands out in the post ahead of time so that people can arrive at the gate with them already on (to theoretically ease their entrance).

Update earlier

https://www.instagram.com/p/COU5yC6q8sc/

As we look ahead to our return to Cornbury Park this August, we wanted to let you know that plans for Wilderness are well underway.

Guest experience is always our number one priority, and we have been working closely with public health authorities to bring you the festival safely this summer. Wilderness will only proceed if it is deemed safe to do so by the government’s Chief Medical Officer. If the festival is unable to go ahead this summer, you will be entitled to a refund, or you may roll your tickets over to Wilderness 2022.

We look forward to sharing our festival programme of arts, feasting and dining experiences, talks and debates, wellbeing, outdoor pursuits, family entertainment and music with you very soon. In the meantime, we’d like to thank you for your continued patience.

• 4 weeks later...

It's on

--

WE'RE ON!
Following extensive consultation with the Department of Media, Culture and Sport (DCMS), we are THRILLED to confirm that Wilderness Festival is signalled to proceed in Cornbury Park this summer.
The first round of the DCMS's hugely successful Events Research Programme reported only 15 infections at pilot events, which can be considered to be proportional to 58,000 attendees present. These findings demonstrate there is a way to produce festivals in a COVID safe manner.
With your safety being our number one priority, we will continue collaborating with the public health authorities to ensure the necessary rules and requirements are in place at Wilderness. We’ll update you on what these are over the coming weeks.
We've lined up a spectacular programme of music, arts, feasting, wellbeing, outdoor pursuits and family entertainment that includes Wilderness favourites and dazzling debuts, which we're excited to share on Thursday, 3rd June.
Excitement ahead, thank you for remaining positive.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gibble said:

Pleased they've kept Loyle Carner and happy with Jamie XX but it seems a little thin elsewhere. I presume there are more additions to come though (although I can't see they've stated that anywhere!).

Thought this too but also thinking perhaps they've had to get rid of some of the very small tents as covid contingency? 

11 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Thought this too but also thinking perhaps they've had to get rid of some of the very small tents as covid contingency? 

I think that may be the case but even accounting for that many of the stages seem short (no acts listed for The Atrium other than the regulars like The Wilderness Orchestra and Hip hop karaoke etc and there are usually a lot of musical acts on this stage). I suspect there is more to come but it seems a bit odd that it has not been mentioned.

3 hours ago, gibble said:

I think that may be the case but even accounting for that many of the stages seem short (no acts listed for The Atrium other than the regulars like The Wilderness Orchestra and Hip hop karaoke etc and there are usually a lot of musical acts on this stage). I suspect there is more to come but it seems a bit odd that it has not been mentioned.

Am I missing it or is hip hop karaoke missing from the lineup 😱