Wilderness 2021

adequate8

On 2/27/2021 at 7:35 PM, Joshuwarr said:

We booked today on the basis that lots were selling out. Never been before but it looks like quite a pleasant little festival!

Went a few years ago.

We enjoyed it. , but it does have its quirks.

Should be named “Posh Cotswolds Fest “

The main one being that 80% of festival goers are  “Local darling “, 10% work in the media in London “ back home for the weekend darling “and the rest are “ Oh you are from the North darling”.

Got chatting to two ladies who said and this is true.

”I can tell from your accents you are from the North , so is our neighbour Jeremy Clarkson  darling “

The location is lovely , swimming in the lake and lovely walks.  Very compact , food options are fab but we did not sign up for the £100 or something posh banquet they do and i think it was £6 or £7 a pint then , but the Bloody Mary stall was fab .

Security is pretty strict - you can only bring in wine and champagne that has been bought from Waitrose or M &S 

Would we go again of course we would darling !

2 hours ago, ivan said:

Went a few years ago.

The main one being that 80% of festival goers are  “Local darling “, 10% work in the media in London “ back home for the weekend darling “and the rest are “ Oh you are from the North darling”.

”I can tell from your accents you are from the North , so is our neighbour Jeremy Clarkson  darling “

The location is lovely , swimming in the lake and lovely walks.  Very compact , food options are fab but we did not sign up for the £100 or something posh banquet they do and i think it was £6 or £7 a pint then , but the Bloody Mary stall was fab .

Security is pretty strict - you can only bring in wine and champagne that has been bought from Waitrose or M &S 

Can't tell if that comment about the security and booze is a joke or not 😬

1 hour ago, Joshuwarr said:

Can't tell if that comment about the security and booze is a joke or not 😬

No its a joke ! . 

Security really friendly and i think the only restriction was that they limited you to bringing 20 cans on site or something - but i am not sure if they enforced it or checked.

Leave cans of Stella  outside your tent and you will hear.

”I think we are camped near alcoholics darling “.

If there is anything you want to know just ask !

On 3/3/2021 at 3:15 PM, ivan said:

Went a few years ago.

This sums it up very well, it's nice enough... but the crowd were a bit too posh for me, I wouldn't rush back, but can see the appeal...

Mrs Sprockrock liked it a lot more than me.

2 hours ago, sprocketrocket said:

This sums it up very well, it's nice enough... but the crowd were a bit too posh for me, I wouldn't rush back, but can see the appeal...

Mrs Sprockrock liked it a lot more than me.

The year we went Mark Carney  and his wife attended and were seen at the front of main stage.

I am pleased - he needs his rest and better Wilderness than a holiday in Sicily with Uncle Don 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, VanderlyleTea said:

It’s getting a bit frustrating now. We have had no lineup announcement despite the fact that it’s been about a month and a half since they said ‘lineup is just around the corner’. 
I know it’s sold out so they are in no rush but it’s a bit annoying.

Agree! I even messaged them the other week and they said the line up is coming soon. My fear is they're just not that bothered as they're already sold out. Their social media presence generally seems quite lacklustre.