First song after restrictions

Gacheezbo

On 2/27/2021 at 6:48 AM, John the Moth said:

Frank was the first gig I had tickets for that got canned, April 1st.

Mrs Moth later managed to procure a personal  video message from Frank for my birthday. Apology included.

First time I saw FT was last GLastonbury in Avalon and I was totally and utterly blown away. SInce then he's been just amazing in lockdown.  Now he's on my 'must see' gigs for when live music is back - literally makes me shudder thinking about it 

Wow to a personal message - nice one Mrs Moth 

On 2/26/2021 at 2:56 PM, Punksnotdead said:

Frank Turner - The next storm:

"I don't want to spend the whole of my life indoors, laying low, waiting on the next storm. I don't want to spend the whole of my life inside. I wanna step out and face the sunshine".

That and Get Better got me through a rough patch, but Get Better just shades it for me. Both amazing.

On 2/27/2021 at 6:48 AM, John the Moth said:

Mrs Moth later managed to procure a personal  video message from Frank for my birthday. Apology included.

I took the very unusual (for me) step of emailing him to say thank you as those two songs helped my rough patch. He replied. Lovely man.

20 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh I am already rather enamoured by him and this is just the icing on the cake. Hope life is better now Quark. 

Very much so FF, was back when I got made redundant in 2015 and had a shit run into 2016. Was also when I started popping up around here, so had a double whammy of good vibes 🙂

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

First time I saw FT was last GLastonbury in Avalon and I was totally and utterly blown away. SInce then he's been just amazing in lockdown.  Now he's on my 'must see' gigs for when live music is back - literally makes me shudder thinking about it 

Wow to a personal message - nice one Mrs Moth 

Have you been watching his lockdown shows on Thursday nights? Bit gutted they're over tbh - what am I going to do on a Thursday night now?

9 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Have you been watching his lockdown shows on Thursday nights? Bit gutted they're over tbh - what am I going to do on a Thursday night now?

Yes yes I have and brilliant they have been too .... donated my beer money along the way as well to help some venues out. I thought last weekends was quite emotional (or maybe that was just me) 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Yes yes I have and brilliant they have been too .... donated my beer money along the way as well to help some venues out. I thought last weekends was quite emotional (or maybe that was just me) 

I think last week's was my favourite. Particularly loved the Jungle Book cover with his wife on kazoo. 

Never mind when the sun in shining what the first song I will be playing, I will be putting a feel good track on as soon as it hits midnight on 21st June when all these bloody restrictions will be finally over!

Think I'll probably put this track on. Open my windows and let the whole street hear it!