First song after restrictions

Gacheezbo

29 minutes ago, Gacheezbo said:

It's late June, all restrictions have been lifted, the sun is shining, you're meeting up with your friends, you open the fridge and grab a cold can. What's the first song you're playing?

I'll be going for All My Friends - LCD Soundsystem

For me that's one of the songs that's got me through lockdown, I've probably ruined it for myself with countless nights watching live footage alone murmuring along as I empty the last of a wine bottle into a glass.

Probably something really cheery and shite like Wake Up Boo by The Boo Radleys or something, I'll have had plenty of time to mull over good music by then.

26 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Frank Turner - The next storm:

"I don't want to spend the whole of my life indoors, laying low, waiting on the next storm. I don't want to spend the whole of my life inside. I wanna step out and face the sunshine".

Was nearly my choice! very much look forward to belting out "rejoice, rebuild, the storm has passed" with a pint in hand at the next FT gig

I'm watching the clock tick 15 minutes past 8pm. They're late, but not as late as I normally am to their things. I'm on my second pint of shandy in 8 minutes. Arm pits absolutely soaked, wondering if that smell is me or the quesedillas i've pre-prepared on the worktop. Got Lana's new one on the turntable but it's starting to skip. Must've knocked the arm weight when I was cleaning. The buzzer goes, they're waving on the little screen. I load youtube on the tv and press play

15 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Frank Turner - The next storm:

"I don't want to spend the whole of my life indoors, laying low, waiting on the next storm. I don't want to spend the whole of my life inside. I wanna step out and face the sunshine".

Frank was the first gig I had tickets for that got canned, April 1st.

Mrs Moth later managed to procure a personal  video message from Frank for my birthday. Apology included.

I only ironically like this song but just hearing it I get that nostalgia from when it first came out

• Just turned 18/19
  • Going out every weekend
  • Can almost taste the cheap vodka & energy drink
  • All my mates living within walking distance
  • Knowledge that I won't wake up the next day feeling like I've been hit by a bus

So yeah shit song but good memories