Boomtown Chapter 1: The Gathering

Jp2021

2 hours ago, jimmyt said:

It was a 1pm reveal on facebook in 2020 so I think that seems likely.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Saw on facetwat it was 1pm. Not sure where the info came from

Why has festival communication been so bad. Like surely you'd want people to know when lineup is dropping

4 minutes ago, jump said:

A poster would have been nice.

Da La Soul and Bob Vylan are the biggest highlights of the line up for me from what I’ve seen.

One of the points of no poster/line up is the headache booking agents give them over artist placement on the line up, so guess that’s why they haven’t released a poster 

Whilst I can understand the complaints on social media (there always will be those that complain), I think the lineup is class of what I've seen. Definitely smaller scale compared to 2018 and 2019, but it'll be a lot of fun. Most hyped for Four Tet - smashed it at Boomtown in 2019 and now he seems to be in a real banger period, so think this could be even better.

Edited by aidenlangan95

Slightly underwhelmed, some good bands but not many you would describe as headliners. I'll be busy enough but already feeling that if they go down the same route of not announcing the acts, it will be my final year. Most of the bands I'm interested in, I can see at my local venues for around a tenner. Hopefully the visuals will be off the scale, 'cause it's hard to see where the budget has gone. However, I have no knowledge of DnB and dance music, so maybe the budget has gone there instead.

Still really excited though

I can understand why so many people seem to be underwhelmed compared to what was booked for 2020 but I still think there's plenty to explore and, for me, that's what Boomtown has always been about.

It will be interesting to see how many people now saying they're not going on twitter actually don't. 

If there is anyone here feeling disappointed, remember there are still street and secret venues to add to that lineup and the experience at Boomtown is different in a great way. 

Be interesting to do a poll here of who is happy and who isn't - does anyone know how to do that?

Compared to what they had planned for 2020 that's hugely underwhelming. They took state of emergency and gutted it like a fish. I get that Btown is more about the experience but there has to come a point where you wonder where exactly the money's going, real shame. 

9 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Compared to what they had planned for 2020 that's hugely underwhelming. They took state of emergency and gutted it like a fish. I get that Btown is more about the experience but there has to come a point where you wonder where exactly the money's going, real shame

It's an independent festival, which is known for spending a lot more on production than other UK festivals, that hasn't been on for three years. Not really rocket science.

I think there's more than enough to keep me occupied across the weekend + you have to account for a few hours exploring the micro venues. I reckon they could have done with 1 or 2 bigger bands as basically everyone on my list is a DJ, but maybe just my taste.

More worried about the weather at this point.