Boomtown Chapter 1: The Gathering

Jp2021

34 minutes ago, dumski said:

they can't seriously expect campers to not have gas  - might be venturing there for hot water.

Urns are a great idea but never gonna work for that many people.  

I’m assuming fixed stoves in campers are ok, but ours is not fixed. We cook on a table in the awning/ outside. Is this banned? Or is it just in the camping fields? Who knows

I feel like the organisers can't win no matter what they do, if they allowed camping stoves and it resulted in a huge fire then everyone would be so quick to say they should have done something to prevent it. But when they take that preventative action people complain anyway because now they can't have their morning coffee and egg bap. I know it's inconvenient but I'd rather pay £1 for some boiling water than see a campsite up in flames. 

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, benjamingepage said:

I feel like the organisers can't win no matter what they do, if they allowed camping stoves and it resulted in a huge fire then everyone would be so quick to say they should have done something to prevent it. But when they take that preventative action people complain anyway because now they can't have their morning coffee and egg bap. I know it's inconvenient but I'd rather pay £1 for some boiling water than see a campsite up in flames. 

Yep, agree completely. 

Organisers completely between a rock and a hard place. 

Anyone who gets vocal about this decision should remember that the council, the police, the fire service, their insurance company and heavens knows who else will be reminding Boomtown of the huge stubble field car park fire in 2016.

10 hours ago, benjamingepage said:

Completely agree. Can’t win either way. Yes it’s a pain but really not that much of an issue to shuffle up the path to a coffee vendor instead of lighting the stove. I will think of it as fresh air to clear the head. 

I was at a festival a couple of weeks ago, and one thing I noticed was a distinct lack of coffee on sale. There were a few stalls dotted around, but they all sold decent coffee from a proper machine, this announcement from Boomtown would be a good opportunity for a load of food vendors to turn up with a big tub of Kenco instant and a boiler and sell it for £1.50 a go, easy money for them, and less time stuck in a queue for us.

Early morning queues for coffee at Glastonbury were pretty big, this is a good point, but hopefully they will have plenty of urns. 

15 minutes ago, Supermerv said:

I was at a festival a couple of weeks ago, and one thing I noticed was a distinct lack of coffee on sale. There were a few stalls dotted around, but they all sold decent coffee from a proper machine, this announcement from Boomtown would be a good opportunity for a load of food vendors to turn up with a big tub of Kenco instant and a boiler and sell it for £1.50 a go, easy money for them, and less time stuck in a queue for us.

11 hours ago, benjamingepage said:

It is frustrating not being able to take a stove but I’m glad they’ve made the decision, it will feel safer. It won’t stop me complaining if I can’t get a cup of tea in the morning though, nothing will! 

13 hours ago, benjamingepage said:

There's no reason why people in vans shouldn't use gas stoves.  They have paid for this privilege. 

Boomtown is fucked.  It's so far removed from what it used to be.  Top up the fake Boomtown Bank to buy expensive food and you can't even cook your own in your camper. 

They are gonna struggle next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

There's no reason why people in vans shouldn't use gas stoves.  They have paid for this privilege. 

Boomtown is fucked.  It's so far removed from what it used to be.  Top up the fake Boomtown Bank to buy expensive food and you can't even cook your own in your camper. 

They are gonna struggle next year. 

I bet you’re fun at parties. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Hawky93 said:

I bet you’re fun at parties. 

I'm against control and government, especially at parties. 

I have several methods of payment available to me and I don't need a fake bank to control or hold my money. 

Have a good festival. 

Watch out for that machine! 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I'm against control and government, especially at parties. 

I have several methods of payment available to me and I don't need a fake bank to control or hold my money. 

Have a good festival. 

Watch out for that machine! 

I remember my first YouTube conspiracy compilation.

Just now, Hawky93 said:

I remember my first YouTube conspiracy compilation.

Tell me the reasons for a cashless festival that doesn't give you the option of using your own payment methods then?