Boomtown Chapter 1: The Gathering

Jp2021

On 7/28/2022 at 8:46 AM, Harry3 said:

Someone posted a supposed Dubtendo lineup on the Boomtown reddit but its gone now, was it removed because it was leaked from an official whatsapp group @Sku?

Someone took a screenshot of the Dubtendo crew's private chat group. The screenshot showed a "work in progress" version of the schedule, complete with stage timings.

The problem is, there were some pretty well known DJs on there, the venue is not that large, and the timings might not be final  yet. Most of them are doing a bigger set elsewhere, so this leak risked too many people trying to head to a small venue which won't be able to handle them, when actually there is going to be a bigger and better set to see elsewhere.

Boomtown have politely asked that it not be shared further to prevent any issues.

On 7/28/2022 at 11:06 AM, Old_Johno said:

The Boomtown source rumours page is updated with everyone from the leaked messages 

All the names from the leak are now on the page yes. I was politely asked to bump a few of them down to the "rumours" list, rather than showing them as "confirmed", since the "secret" component may have been a contractual requirement in order for the festival to book them. You are welcome to speculate on which I guess, it's a free country.

3 minutes ago, Sku said:

Someone took a screenshot of the Dubtendo crew's private chat group. The screenshot showed a "work in progress" version of the schedule, complete with stage timings.

The problem is, there were some pretty well known DJs on there, the venue is not that large, and the timings might not be final  yet. Most of them are doing a bigger set elsewhere, so this leak risked too many people trying to head to a small venue which won't be able to handle them, when actually there is going to be a bigger and better set to see elsewhere.

Boomtown have politely asked that it not be shared further to prevent any issues.

All the names from the leak are now on the page yes. I was politely asked to bump a few of them down to the "rumours" list, rather than showing them as "confirmed", since the "secret" component may have been a contractual requirement in order for the festival to book them. You are welcome to speculate on which I guess, it's a free country.

Makes sense, looks like Dubtendo has a mole problem!

14 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

They’ve said on twitter 3 of the mercury prize nominees are in the lineup. Think we can narrow that down to any 3 of Little Simz, Nova Twins, Self Esteem, Kojey Radical, Yard Act and Wet Leg. 

Hoping for Simz, Yard Act and Kojey

Why discount Harry Styles so rapidly? Imagine. 🤣🤣

I think wet leg might be a tad too big based on their own statements and my experience of them on the park at Glastonbury. 

10 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Why discount Harry Styles so rapidly? Imagine. 🤣🤣

I think wet leg might be a tad too big based on their own statements and my experience of them on the park at Glastonbury. 

You know what, there’d be no complaints from me if he rocked up.

Harry Styles Ft. Spyda MC i heard 

Yeah you’re probably right about wet leg. I don’t mind them at all but they wouldn’t be my first choice so not gutted if they’re not there 

7 hours ago, mjfromthelane said:

Origin and Zenith as the two biggest dance stages look very close together....

Grand Central is also hosting dance after dark, until late. Zenith will be the 3rd largest.

One of the differences this year, is the main stages are being used "continuously". Grand Central is this kind of flexible space, offering bands by day, but dance music by night.

This idea originates from 2019, when Relic had to close due to high winds. They rescheduled the DJs onto Lions Den instead, which would typically have been closed at that time. I think it made the team realise that they don't make the best use of their stages, with many of them spending 50% or more of the festival closed. The idea is for everything to open all the time.