Boomtown Chapter 1: The Gathering

Jp2021

17 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Would love any of knucks, yves tumour, kenny beats, turnstile and obongjayar. pretty sure we already know nia archives and ibibo sound machine from that day are playing

Really hoping for Yves Tumor, they were top 3 at Glastonbury easily. 

Need to listen to Kenny Beats, love that EP/short album he did with Denzel Curry but that's all I know.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 1986 said:

Really hoping for Yves Tumor, they were top 3 at Glastonbury easily. 

Need to listen to Kenny Beats, love that EP/short album he did with Denzel Curry but that's all I know.

That Yves Tumour set was one of the biggest highlights of glasto agreed. Would love to see em again

1 hour ago, Hawky93 said:

Nice finds 🙂

On a separate note....

I made an "unofficial" interpretation of the artistic map. It should be vaguely correct. Kind of funny, that even after the map release, it's still not that clear where anything is. But this is thereabouts how it will be.

boomtown-map-2022.jpg

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sku said:

Nice finds 🙂

On a separate note....

I made an "unofficial" interpretation of the artistic map. It should be vaguely correct. Kind of funny, that even after the map release, it's still not that clear where anything is. But this is thereabouts how it will be.

boomtown-map-2022.jpg

This is more or less bang on. Nicely done!

11 hours ago, Hawky93 said:

Are you hopeful for this year? My gf has always wanted to go, I’d hate for it to flop. 

More than hopeful. Boomtown know that this is make or break for them, and as a result they are pulling out all the stops to make sure it's incredible. People seem to forget that the layout change this year was decided to ensure that they aren't pulled logistically due to a lack of resource being available in certain industries. They have made the change to make sure the festival is as mind blowing as ever.

• Upvote 3

Really looking forward to this now. Will arrive fairly early on the Thursday, any areas that will be a bit quieter to camp in or with the layout move is this up in the air?

It's only me and my partner going but we'll stay out until the music stops every night

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Really looking forward to this now. Will arrive fairly early on the Thursday, any areas that will be a bit quieter to camp in or with the layout move is this up in the air?

It's only me and my partner going but we'll stay out until the music stops every night

Quiet Camping? Looks like itll be at the back of Hilltop camping.

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

They've released the app which has a map on it. It says it'll be available soon but if you zoom out it seems to show hotspots which could indicate the sort of general layout. 

Screenshot_20220721-174923.png

That's nothing like the map. Check out the one that @Sku out put in thread earlier. It's pretty accurate give or take a few things (but nothing major).

9 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Quiet camping is kind of the otherside of the field that Sector 6 used to be in. It'll be a fair old trek in and out of the bowl, but if you value your sleep, it might be a wise move. It's also just in front of the East Gate, so head for that gate, and you won't have to lug your stuff far.

12 minutes ago, Harry3 said:

From this angle the site looks much bigger, Im a bit happier! Still worried about potential sound bleed between stages though. 

I’m less worried about sound bleed and more worried about overcrowding, makes me think there won’t be any ‘big’ headline acts, it’s hard to tell how big the main stages are going to be, but they won’t be as big as lions den that could accommodate half the festival at once.

Everyone at Glastonbury was moaning about crowds because the line up had fewer big clashes the stages were either rammed or empty 

47 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

I’m less worried about sound bleed and more worried about overcrowding, makes me think there won’t be any ‘big’ headline acts, it’s hard to tell how big the main stages are going to be, but they won’t be as big as lions den that could accommodate half the festival at once.

Everyone at Glastonbury was moaning about crowds because the line up had fewer big clashes the stages were either rammed or empty 

There aren’t any massive headliners. It’s a solid line up with some decent names, but in my opinion, nothing that will make everyone want to go to one arena at the same time, so crowd should be evenly split.

• Upvote 1