Boomtown Chapter 1: The Gathering

Jp2021

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen this on the Boomtown website in regards to BoomVillage

"I thought this was a local event, why have you opened it up for anyone to buy tickets?

We initially launched Boom Village as a locals only event when it was still unclear as to whether we would be moving into Stage 4 of the government Road Map. However, it is now looking increasingly likely that by the time of the festival we will be in Stage 4 and most restrictions will be lifted, however we still plan to keep the festival small and intimate but just open it up a little wider. After offering those who live nearest to the festival site the opportunity to buy the discounted tickets first and a month to purchase them before opening up wider, as of Monday 28th June the tickets will go on general release. At the heart of it, Boom Village is still going to be strongly focussed on the local area with Trinity Winchester as our main charity partner, as well as partnerships with Winchester Uni, outreach to local families and local entertainment offerings. We are in discussion with many local traders, crafts people and much more to ensure that it absolutely is a local, family friendly, small and intimate festival"

So from next Monday this is going on sale to everyone?

9 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

I'm unsure about getting a ticket to Boom village. It'd be different if I knew who was playing but £220+BF for a much reduced, family friendly version of Boomtown is a bit too rich for me.

Even though there’s already a dedicated family area of Boomtown, I seriously cannot imagine any event that Boomtown puts on being predominantly “family friendly”.

They’ve announced the forest parties and village centre will be there which is enough for me! 

Hoping a few users from here who seem to be in the know can provide a bit more information? 

Tickets for Boom Village are on sale to general public on Monday.

In terms of how family friendly it's going to be, well to put it bluntly, none of the Boomtown crew and organisers have had a party for 18 months, so i'll leave it up to your imagination 🤪

5 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Even though there’s already a dedicated family area of Boomtown, I seriously cannot imagine any event that Boomtown puts on being predominantly “family friendly”.

They’ve announced the forest parties and village centre will be there which is enough for me! 

Hoping a few users from here who seem to be in the know can provide a bit more information? 

It's actually going to be bigger than i expected by the sounds of it, and also isn't going to be in the bowl. Can't really say more than that, other than the vast majority of acts will be UK based, and I doubt it'll be anyone huge playing, more friends of the festival and regulars of the festival scene. 

On 6/25/2021 at 1:48 PM, mr flow said:

It's actually going to be bigger than i expected by the sounds of it, and also isn't going to be in the bowl. Can't really say more than that, other than the vast majority of acts will be UK based, and I doubt it'll be anyone huge playing, more friends of the festival and regulars of the festival scene. 

its 4000 capacity

Never been before despite living near Southampton because we always go to Green Man and it's the weekend before we would normally head off to Wales for the week (we do the 7 day Green Man version)

Booked tickets this year because we were still a bit unsure as to whether GM would go ahead as Wales are much more risk adverse than England on covid rules.

We'll be some of the people there with kids although ours are a bit older now and have been going to festivals since they were babies. I'm sure they are going to love it. 

• 1 month later...

I just got an email with some info (and a video which is below) and apparently they aren't going to tell people the line up until just before it happens next year. I will still go as it's a great festival but I would like to know who I'm seeing before I go so I can get hyped for them.

16 hours ago, jump said:

I just got an email with some info (and a video which is below) and apparently they aren't going to tell people the line up until just before it happens next year. I will still go as it's a great festival but I would like to know who I'm seeing before I go so I can get hyped for them.

You'll get snippets of info regarding the line up prior to the festival, but they want to try and take the focus away from the endless moaning about who is or isn't playing. 

9 minutes ago, Supermerv said:

Seems ripe for a bit of speculation though, I'm hoping for Rage Against the Machine, might be a bit optimistic though considering theyre trying go for a more intimate feel.

I would love for them to play but I really can't see Rage playing. I know the organisers are fans and Tom said he really liked the fest when he played but they will have R&L and Download offering megabucks and there's enough demand for them to do their own massive show on their own.

1 hour ago, jump said:

I would love for them to play but I really can't see Rage playing. I know the organisers are fans and Tom said he really liked the fest when he played but they will have R&L and Download offering megabucks and there's enough demand for them to do their own massive show on their own.

True, probably being wildly optimistic. I had tickets for the Sunday at Leeds when they were supposed to play before everything went to shit, have to hope for some shows of their own I suppose.

Any other names for Boomtown to throw into the hat?

1 minute ago, Supermerv said:

True, probably being wildly optimistic. I had tickets for the Sunday at Leeds when they were supposed to play before everything went to shit, have to hope for some shows of their own I suppose.

The 2020 line up would be a starting point, I remember someone saying they were after Lizzo in 2019 plus the usual favourites are all in with a shout imo.

On 8/17/2021 at 1:18 PM, jump said:

The 2020 line up would be a starting point, I remember someone saying they were after Lizzo in 2019 plus the usual favourites are all in with a shout imo.

I don’t think Lizzo will happen now. Nearly happened in 2019, but she’s got a lot bigger now, and she now costs a lot more money, so doubt it will happen. 

On 8/17/2021 at 1:14 PM, Supermerv said:

Rage I don’t think will happen. As mentioned above, they have super deals with Festival republic, and they’d only play if Tom really wanted it to happen.

Name to throw into the mix would be Anderson .Paak. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, but I know he’s high up on the “realistic want list”. Manu Chau is someone they try and book every year, but has never come off, and not sure it ever will unfortunately.

Will let you know if I hear any other snippets 

• 3 weeks later...

CONNECTION CREATIVITY CELEBRATION

Dear friends,

We hope that you’ve been having the most glorious summer; we still can’t quite believe we’ve had another year without you all!

Right now, we’re usually knee-deep sorting out your lost property, reliving the epic festival highlights through all the videos and are busy removing any final traces of Boomtown from the beautiful Matterley Estate...

However, despite the rollercoaster that this year has been, we’re feeling recharged by the sunshine, the chance to gather with friends and the opportunity to create and play. We’ve been back in the office dreaming up even more magic for our community, and we can’t wait to share what we’ve got planned for the ultimate celebration next year! 

THE GATHERING AWAITS... WATCH NOW
Over the next few months, we’ve got stages to launch, we’ll be exploring new themes, storylines, costume inspiration and we’ll be digging deep into some campaigns that we need your help with… 

Until then we’ve got some really important ticketing housekeeping to do, to make sure you’re all going to be able to join us at Chapter One: The Gathering!

So make sure to read the below carefully and pass on the message to any friends that you’d like to join us in 2022… 

All Tickets about to SELL OUT!

PHASE 2 TICKET UPDATE

Thanks to all of the wonderful citizens who have rolled their tickets over again, alongside the fact that we haven't gathered together for two years, tickets are now very close to selling out.  

Demand for what we have left is high, so if you haven’t got your Boomtown ticket yet we’d advise that you get a move on because we’re down to a handful of standard Festival Entry tickets after which only Public Transport Saver Festival Entry tickets will remain up for grabs!  

GET TICKETS
WEDNESDAY TICKET UPDATE

As standard 5 day tickets are now sold out - the only way to come for the full five days of the fair is to book a Public Transport Saver festival entry ticket with Wednesday transport… which means you get to come on Wednesday for free!

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...

September is also the last chance for you to buy our Phase 2 reduced-price tickets. As of 1st October there will be an increase on any remaining tickets due to the changes in VAT.

This is your last warning to get the tickets at the Phase 2 cheaper price!!  

Ticket prices rise at the end of the month as VAT changes! 

PHASE 3 TICKET UPDATE

You may remember that last year, the government reduced the VAT as a response to COVID, which allowed us to reduce the ticket price to the current Phase 2 prices and pass the savings on to you. Unfortunately, the tax break is due to end on 30th September, so as of 1st October, if we have any Phase 2 tickets left, these will automatically move on to Phase 3 with a price increase to reflect the increase in VAT. 

GET TICKETS
REMAINING TICKET BREAKDOWN

Phase 2 Ticket Types: Depending on availability, on sale until 30th September only. 
• Phase 2 Public Transport Saver Festival Entry Ticket & pay by March Instalment tickets: £225.50
• Phase 2 Festival Entry Tickets & pay by March Instalment tickets: £232.50

Phase 3 Ticket Types: Depending on availability, on sale from 1st October. 
• Phase 3: Public Transport Saver Festival Entry Ticket & pay by March Instalment tickets: £235.50
• Phase 3: Festival Entry Tickets & pay by March Instalment tickets: £246.50

PA tickets:
If you would like to apply for a free PA ticket, please check out our Accessibility page or if you have any specific queries you can always contact us directly at info@boomtownfair.co.uk and we will be able to help.

Ticket Holder Update

If you’ve already got your Boomtown ticket, either you’ve rolled it over from 2020 or 2021 or you bought it fresh within the last few months, this is automatically valid for 2022! 

Don’t panic, but as per usual, you now won’t have a ticket update from us again until June, when we issue you with that all-important barcode and instructions for entry. Trust us, you are all set to go and we can’t wait to see you! 

In the meantime, you can always add any added extras like pre-pitched camping onto your order, or if you have any queries, or would like to check your ticket details you can do so via your TicketSellers account or by contacting TicketSellers directly on boomtown@theticketsellers.co.uk. Please bear in mind that as your ticket has now officially rolled over to 2022 the window for requesting refunds is now closed.

Join the Boomtown HQ Team!

We are always on the lookout for amazing people to join our Boomtown family and we're currently hiring for a number of exciting positions at Boomtown HQ including Head of Comms, Head of Commercial, a freelance designer and more... 

If you'd like to be a part of creating the magic as we move into a new and exciting era for the festival then find out more on our HQ Careers page here. 

HQ CAREERS

Thank you so much for continuing to be on this journey with us.

We’ve felt beyond blessed that you’ve continued to share your memories, thoughts, excitement and love with us as we move through these turbulent couple of years.  Keep in touch, stay connected, we love to hear from you

Keep in touch, stay connected, we love to hear from you!

Love & Respect,
Boomtown x

On 8/24/2021 at 8:36 AM, dumski said:

Lets throw in Barrington Levy to the mix as a long time want but never happened.  I heard talk of visa issues.

he's due to play London early Sept so at least we'll know if he can actually get the visa now

https://www.city-splash.com/

fingers crossed!!

and just like that he's been replaced with Beenie Man!  Still gutted I couldn't go

Edited by dumski

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2021 at 10:58 AM, dumski said:

but how many tickets is this?  and will this mean the bowl are used for the lions den remains (crosses fingers)

I dont think the plan is to have the Lions Den next year. That might have changed, but they are still downscaling the event from what I understand. I'll see if I can find out anymore info.