Jump to content

Will Kendal Calling go ahead?


debted
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SloopJohnB said:

It’s difficult to see how there can be confidence enough to start the site build against the backdrop of a possible, albeit unlikely (?) delay?

When would the build start?

Not sure exactly about KC but ynot which is I guess a similar size and the same weekend usually begin the build about 3 weeks before the event. Its a big call for organisers, fingers crossed they hold there nerve and go for it and everything turns out ok 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

If it’s a 3 week build, I really can’t see it happening unless there’s some kind of assurance / insurance from government…..which isn’t forthcoming is it

Maybe we’ll know more in a coupe of weeks. Keeping everything crossed!

3 weeks is the time from when they'll decide about the 19th, if they stick to the weeks notice thing

That said who would trust this government to stick to that date?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would have thought KC would have said something by now, they said they would need a couple of days on Monday, im wondering if they are waiting to take my final ticket payment this weekend before delivering the bad news. Having said that I'm still being positive about it, the government said there would be a 2 week review to see where we stand which give KC time to start the build.

Plus I'll be 50 on the Saturday and all my party eggs are in one basket

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Havors said:

Im guessing Latitude has been picked up as a pilot event. The one KC mention in their press release. 

Whilst the criteria for choosing Latitude over Kendal wasn’t made explicit, I’d guess that the infection spikes in Lancashire had quite a big bearing in the decision to choose Latitude.

Loads of people from Lancashire go to Kendal. Latitude on the other hand is out on a limb in an area where infections are low. Not only would there be a better chance of Latitude not causing or increasing a spike, if there was a spike emanating from Latitude, it’d be really obvious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, amfy said:

Whilst the criteria for choosing Latitude over Kendal wasn’t made explicit, I’d guess that the infection spikes in Lancashire had quite a big bearing in the decision to choose Latitude.

Loads of people from Lancashire go to Kendal. Latitude on the other hand is out on a limb in an area where infections are low. Not only would there be a better chance of Latitude not causing or increasing a spike, if there was a spike emanating from Latitude, it’d be really obvious.

The criteria is Melvin Benn. He has the ear of ministers and runs Festival Republic.... he has already been running all the previous pilot events also. 😄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don’t know about anyone else but I’m not having ticketline keep the booking fees without a battle. I’ve emailed them and told them they have two weeks to refund the full amount paid (not 90 days). I’ve told them I’ll lodge a complaint with my credit card at the two week point. I’ll then push it through the financial ombudsman.  It costs the credit card company £300+ for each ombudsman complaint whether they win or lose so they will just refund the whole amount to avoid that. They will just pass on the bill to ticketline.  
 

Keeping booking fees is such a scam. Not putting up with that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...