Will Kendal Calling go ahead?

debted

4 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

Camping in Cumbria in September would be Baltic! No thanks

You better pack your coat then 😀 because it was a licence they applied for in 2020 so if July starts to look dodgy they could well apply for the event to move to Sept again. 

• 1 month later...

Seeming like it could possibly go ahead. Thought for certain it might be off after the Bluedot announcement. Got tickets from last year but in two minds about going as the line up just isn't really doing it for me but hard to turn down a festival after so long away.

How likely do people think it is that this will go ahead? 

On 3/25/2021 at 10:00 PM, eastynh said:

Hot Chip are doing their megamix thing, the same weekend, in Scotland.

Maybe Thursday night Headliners?

The Scottish festival scheduled for the same weekend has been pushed back to September. No camping so cold not so much of an issue as it would be at KC.

7 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Seeming like it could possibly go ahead. Thought for certain it might be off after the Bluedot announcement. Got tickets from last year but in two minds about going as the line up just isn't really doing it for me but hard to turn down a festival after so long away.

How likely do people think it is that this will go ahead? 

It’s on as far as I’m aware as long as there is no caps on capacity and the signs are we open up fully as from mid June . 

line up ............... seems to me they have cheapened it all . And is Joel Corey really there Idris Elba been on the line up a few times and never ever showed . 

mainstage moving this year as well so layout will be different.

10 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

The Scottish festival scheduled for the same weekend has been pushed back to September. No camping so cold not so much of an issue as it would be at KC.

I may have to give it a miss then mate, if it is later in the year. Shame really as that's the best line up I have seen for this year..

15 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

It’s on as far as I’m aware as long as there is no caps on capacity and the signs are we open up fully as from mid June . 

line up ............... seems to me they have cheapened it all . And is Joel Corey really there Idris Elba been on the line up a few times and never ever showed . 

mainstage moving this year as well so layout will be different.

Where's the main stage moving to?

On 4/9/2021 at 11:46 AM, JBarbour said:

You better pack your coat then 😀 because it was a licence they applied for in 2020 so if July starts to look dodgy they could well apply for the event to move to Sept again. 

wasnt for festival though it was for something else as you can see by the application

15 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

wasnt for festival though it was for something else as you can see by the application

Considering it was by the same organisers, on the same site, Thursday to Sunday in Sept, under the same Lowther Deer Park
Kendal Calling Festival Site header... I would say it was a back up plan for back then.  Notices for events generally happen 120 days before the event is due to take place, they are not forced to take place on the same weekend every year. It's been withdrawn anyway as it was last year. If things looking dodgy for this year events could start putting notices and licences for later in year if they wish. 

On 5/13/2021 at 9:26 AM, thetime said:

Different.line up as well.

Just seen it. Still pretty decent. Announced just before Glasgow got locked down again 🙈

Ive got Friday tickets so doubt I’ll be in the fields this year unless they move it back .......

On 5/13/2021 at 3:48 PM, LOCHLAND5 said:

where calling out was and the bar area field, directly next to wolf woods .

would think it could move chai wallahs as well 

Trying to work this out. Was that across and down the slope from chai wallahs ? I’d forgotten calling out moved from up the back beside Tim peaks. 
Would they move to avoid the usual flooding bit towards the back of the main field ? If it’s going where I’m imagining that’s also at the bottom of a hill but I’m sure they’ve thought of that 🤔 

10 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Just seen it. Still pretty decent. 

Replacing underworld and kraftwork, with libertines and culture club is a piss take. 

Although if I lived closer I wouldn't of minded the Friday. Saying that nearly October in Scotland could be a bit chilly.

Edited by thetime

7 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

Deer Shed have announced that they will be running a socially distanced festival. Reduced capacity (4000), table service for food and drink and a toilet on every camping pitch.....sounds amazing 😂

Sounds horrific.

• 4 weeks later...

I can't see it going ahead at this point if dates get pushed back 4 weeks that only leaves 2 weeks to the festival with no guarantee the date doesn't get pushed back again.

Edited by moz4pm

glad the social media accounts aren't total radio silence, that's a good sign but the second line up announcement still hasn't been revealed with less than ten weeks left to go until we're through the gates, seems super late to announce more acts which is worrying me a little bit, seems like they're holding it back as they don't feel like they'll be able to deliver the festival at all