Will Kendal Calling go ahead?

debted

The Streets, Stereophonics , Supergrass , Dizzee Rascal as headliners - I sincerely hope that's wrong as I'll be in bed by 9pm every night.

With Royal Blood/Sam Fender doing the rounds I thought if they were replacing Foals it would be with someone more current than The Streets - rather have seen DMA's/Blossoms pushed up to headliner status. 

Strange they got rid of Foals out of the four (if it's true) as they are active and they're the only ones still releasing relevant music.

I still find Supergrass to be a strange booking for what seems to be most of the festivals, they must have a great agent - can't seem to find anyone who cares about them especially as headliners, think they'll go down like a balloon with the younger audience. 

20 minutes ago, KJP98 said:

The Streets, Stereophonics , Supergrass , Dizzee Rascal as headliners - I sincerely hope that's wrong as I'll be in bed by 9pm every night.

With Royal Blood/Sam Fender doing the rounds I thought if they were replacing Foals it would be with someone more current than The Streets - rather have seen DMA's/Blossoms pushed up to headliner status. 

Strange they got rid of Foals out of the four (if it's true) as they are active and they're the only ones still releasing relevant music.

I still find Supergrass to be a strange booking for what seems to be most of the festivals, they must have a great agent - can't seem to find anyone who cares about them especially as headliners, think they'll go down like a balloon with the younger audience. 

Is that the latest rumour for the headliners? would be underwhelmed if it was 😫

7 minutes ago, 5rebbecas said:

Is that the latest rumour for the headliners? would be underwhelmed if it was 😫

Afraid so haha - I had the same reaction especially with Foals being one my favourites. 

Under sounds alright though for me at least - Blossoms , DMA's , The Kooks , Craig David , The Snuts , Frank Turner, Tom Grennan , Sundara Karma and Pale Waves to name a few.

Not 100% sure it is right - but sounded accurate enough to me, had a hunch Foals wouldn't return but was hoping that was just me being pessimistic. 

I will say I would be surprised to see DMA's on there as they aren't announced for anything else and are still in Australia it seems - re-arranged everything in the UK until back end of October.. so that's the only reason I have to doubt this.

Edited by KJP98

2 minutes ago, KJP98 said:

Afraid so haha - I had the same reaction especially with Foals being one my favourites. 

Under sounds alright though for me at least - Blossoms , DMA's , The Kooks , Craig David , The Snuts , Frank Turner, Tom Grennan , Sundara Karma and Pale Waves to name a few.

Not 100% sure it is right - but sounded accurate enough to me, had a hunch Foals wouldn't return but was hoping that was just me being pessimistic. 

I will say I would be surprised to see DMA's on there as they aren't announced for anything else and are still in Australia it seems - re-arranged everything in the UK until back end of October.. so that's the only reason I have to doubt this.

whats ruling Foals out? so far they've rebooked every single gig they were playing last year practically

5 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

whats ruling Foals out? so far they've rebooked every single gig they were playing last year practically

Other than a poor booking decision, no clue what rules them out? Especially with them headlining APE makes zero sense to drop them, perhaps cost? 

I really pray I am wrong and they are playing! 

1 minute ago, KJP98 said:

Other than a poor booking decision, no clue what rules them out? Especially with them headlining APE makes zero sense to drop them, perhaps cost? 

I really pray I am wrong and they are playing! 

they'll of most likely been booked for the same fee, i can't see them not being there seeing as they were scheduled to play and are touring, i don't think you've got anything to worry about but hopefully i don't eat my words tomorrow

Surely it’s the Stereophonics that will be missing they  have absolutely nothing booked. I’d be happy personally with Royal Blood instead and don’t see why the other headliners won’t keep there place. Not a fan of Madness or The Streets so hope don’t headline. 

Just now, Wilko888 said:

Surely it’s the Stereophonics that will be missing they  have absolutely nothing booked. I’d be happy personally with Royal Blood instead and don’t see why the other headliners won’t keep there place. Not a fan of Madness or The Streets so hope don’t headline. 

yeh stereophonics are surely gone so hopefully they've been replaced with someone interesting, i'll take royal blood but personally i would prefer the streets

37 minutes ago, KJP98 said:

Where are you hearing this? 

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Where are you hearing this? 

My mate sent it over to me - no clue if it's accurate, didn't have any reason to doubt it.. but think it's just a case of a friend hearing it from someone else and it getting passed through.

I'm praying it's a load of crap in terms of the headliners but the undercard seems good. 

5 hours ago, KJP98 said:

Would be surprised if that’s the 4 headliners. Dizzy was great at Kendal but that must have been a decade ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Did it come out last year about Kendal moving the event to September? It would of happened 3rd Sept - 6th Sept 2020, that's before shit really hit the fan and more or less everything got cancelled.

They could do the same this year if they apply for the licence 

Edited by JBarbour