Will Kendal Calling go ahead?

debted

2 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Could they afford to go with a reduced capacity or do they need to go all in 35k or nothing?

They could probably suck it up if selling a 80% capacity event, when the growth in 2022 will be massive, so maybe look at a capacity increase to cancel out a loss. 

It's the uncertaintity thats going to kill off a fair few festivals this year, including ones that are selling well now. 

50 minutes ago, Saint17 said:

They've tweeted that "no news is good news" today. So being positive or trying to get money off people?

I’ve been told on good authority the line up is booked and good , take the good bit with a pinch of salt though they book the hotpots every year ! 
I checked price of tickets today 209 quid including Thursday entry and a parking ticket, don’t know if that includes the deathly ticketline booking fee though didn’t go that far . 

4 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

I’ve been told on good authority the line up is booked and good , take the good bit with a pinch of salt though they book the hotpots every year ! 
I checked price of tickets today 209 quid including Thursday entry and a parking ticket, don’t know if that includes the deathly ticketline booking fee though didn’t go that far . 

Any steer on when they might announce?

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Stereophonics don't have any announced shows yet for 2021, do they? so i wouldn't be surprised to see them not returning, Royal Blood and Madness have just been announced for Victorious at the end of August so i wouldn't be shocked to see either of them headlining instead

You'd think Foals back surely. Just been announced for All Points East at the end of August.

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

You'd think Foals back surely. Just been announced for All Points East at the end of August.

yeah, i'm thinking the lineup will look almost identical, Primal Scream / Supergrass / Royal Blood / Foals would be my guess, Stereophonics could obviously be back but they don't look likely to me at the moment

Booked our tickets today. Was only waiting for confirmation of intent - happy to roll over tickets if needed 

Now hoping for a similar lineup to last year! Agree stereophonics probably won't be back (unfortunately- one of my favourites but they should probably lay low for a bit when gigs come back after last March)

Hoping not royal blood myself but the girlfriend would love it - I'm really not a fan. Supergrass are my main one as I've never seen them but always wanted to

Can take or leave Foals and would prefer Doves or Ashcroft ahead of Primal Scream in that size level.  

Edited by efcfanwirral