Album of the Month Tournament - Feb 2021

Quark

Following on from @dentalplan's thread for Jan releases, it's time to start thinking about February.  Everyone's all giddy about the end of restrictions being in sight and probably carrying the sweetest hangover from the romance of Valentine's Day so I'm expecting some top 3s full of joy, optimism and good ol' sexy fun times. Or maybe not.

Reminder of the rules:

• Contest window: between the last 0:00 Friday of the month in question to 23:59 the first Thursday of the month following (this time that's Feb 26-Mar 4).
  • The system: Choose any three albums released during the month in question in order of preference.  The best receives three points, second best two points and the third best one point. See below:

1. Album A (3 POINTS)
    2. Album B (2 POINTS)
    3. Album C (1 POINT)

• Any entries who say "so many good records. Can't choose! So in no particular order..." do not understand that this is a game and your votes will be expunged from the contest, you indecisive horrible individual.
    • Everyone else, I will assume the order they are listed is the order of preference. Even if you number it 1. 2. 3. I will assume that is in order of favourite and not the points you are giving unless expressed otherwise.

Unlike Dental I am open to bribes, backhanders, sweeteners, threats, cajoling, pleading, sob stories and various other ways of getting your way. Basically I have no moral fibre and will fold like a cheap suit.  I am also a vengeful God, so rest assured I will be checking the Hurt/Heal thread and messing up anyone who voted the Levellers off. You have been warned.

Voting starts this Friday. Don't get carried away and start chucking your votes around like confetti, this is serious stuff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

That was last year. It was released in June 2020. Think there were some new versions of sons this month but not a new album. I was worried I'd missed out there!! 

I must have missed it first time round. Spotify says it was published Feb 19th this year, but like you say that must have been an update. Copyright notice below the published date is 2020. 

It bangs either way. 

Edited by blutarsky

3 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I must have missed it first time round. Spotify says it was published Feb 19th this year, but like you say that must have been an update. Copyright notice below the published date is 2020. 

It bangs either way. 

Oh yeah it was in my top 10 of last year and I am still devastated that I didn't buy the yellow vinyl when it first came out. 

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Oh yeah it was in my top 10 of last year and I am still devastated that I didn't buy the yellow vinyl when it first came out. 

Thinking about it, 3AM is very familiar - I must have heard it last year. Could explain why it hit home so hard, so fast this month - I already knew it. Some sort of amnesia going on. Getting old.  

48 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Architects have an album out this week and the four tracks released so far suggest that it will be up there as album of the month contender (though it’s late release means it should count for March haha)

Agreed, I'm nominating Architects and it's not even out yet. I have a lot of confidence in those lads delivering off the back of their last 2 stellar releases

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

New Nick Cave album in with a shot at number 1!

Yeah wow, just when I thought all I had to think about would be the new KG&LW, up pops the Grinderman himself out of nowhere!

Doubt he'll win though - not enough time for people to get into it, it'll be one from earlier in the month that people are already set on. Nick needs to time his releases better.

42 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah wow, just when I thought all I had to think about would be the new KG&LW, up pops the Grinderman himself out of nowhere!

Doubt he'll win though - not enough time for people to get into it, it'll be one from earlier in the month that people are already set on. Nick needs to time his releases better.

Not physically released until may so it doesn't count for me!

Think I have my top 3 sorted, apart from White Stripes best of there's nothing I'm that interested in tomorrow.