First gig back

mike46

3 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

I know, I'm gutted.. can't really understand why it's cancelled considering all restrictions are meant.to end by June 21st.

I'm guessing if bands are not in a position to do their whole tours then it's not worth the costs incurred to get on the road for one off's and given lots of countries haven't given dates of when they are lifting then it probably isn't worth the risk. If it's close and the dates are not quite confirmed as well bands won't want to risk further loss of earning by incurring costs they might not get back. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So the Kelis gig that I thought would be the first one back (but I was skeptical with her being an American artist) has now been cancelled. I am however feeling a little more optimistic and have bought tickets for The Staves and Beach Bunny - paging @Quarkin case he doesn't know they are touring over here. 

Hoping to get Laura Marling tickets on Friday as well. Time to start getting a bit more hopeful for the future. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

So the Kelis gig that I thought would be the first one back (but I was skeptical with her being an American artist) has now been cancelled. I am however feeling a little more optimistic and have bought tickets for The Staves and Beach Bunny - paging @Quarkin case he doesn't know they are touring over here. 

Hoping to get Laura Marling tickets on Friday as well. Time to start getting a bit more hopeful for the future. 

I did not know this!  Missed out on Staves tix but will try for Beach Bunny! Thanks lovely 🙂

EDIT: bumsticks, only playing up in Tufnell Park and that's a big ol' pain in the arse for me.  Will have to pass on it. But thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I did not know this!  Missed out on Staves tix but will try for Beach Bunny! Thanks lovely 🙂

EDIT: bumsticks, only playing up in Tufnell Park and that's a big ol' pain in the arse for me.  Will have to pass on it. But thanks for the heads up!

Sorry I've got a Valentines date with them! Hopefully it might mean they are around for Festival season. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Do the Meteor Street pilgrimage first and make it worth the journey. Ideal for pre-gig beers!

15 minutes ago, Homer said:

Do the Meteor Street pilgrimage first and make it worth the journey. Ideal for pre-gig beers!

Confession - never watched Spaced!

North London's just not worth it.  Allowing for getting to the station, getting to London and getting across to TP, I'm looking at 2 hrs in each direction.  Last train to get back is about 23:30, so I've either got to leave a gig early or absolutely sprint across town shitting myself.

If I want to drink then it's even longer to get the bus, so call that 2.5 hrs there, and a £30 odd cab ride home. So between 4-5 hours travel and £50-£60 in travel costs. And if I miss that last train, add in another £30-£40 cab costs.

I'll stick with Brighton 😄

Edited by Quark

Impossible to be sure, but what I have tickets for which are still listed:

Atlin Gun 13 May

Oh Sees 16 May

Black Country, New Road 25 Jun (Socially distanced gig so likely to be my first)

Bearded Theory 9 Sept - Will know soon...

Genesis 24 Sept

Stick In The Wheel 28 Oct

Elton John 30 Oct

..and others later in the year.

1st Gig not yet cancelled is Flaming Lips in Leeds 20th July - now that would be some gig to come back to but I'm very doubtful it will go ahead.

Big gap after that but hopeful for these in Leeds Oct/Nov:

Paul Heaton/Jacqui Abbott

Elton John

James/Happy Mondays

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Snapped Ankles in Gorilla, Manchester.  A brilliant band, in a brilliant venue, with a brilliant immune system.  Can't wait.

Fucking brilliant live band. First time I saw them at end of the road festival I knew nothing about them, but I was hooked within 5 minutes. WTF, there's a load of bushes on stage!!!!!!