First gig back

mike46

I won tickets to Pet Shop Boys at the Electric Ballroom in the First Proper Gigs Back raffle. There's a few of these for a lot of acts, which if they're still running with that gimmick, they're really gonna need to schedule as early as possible post locky D, so I'd say that'll happen by early july.

If 2000 Trees goes ahead like they're saying in early july, CREEPER will reschedule their gigs for around then too.

Everything else I have is still up in the air.

2 hours ago, Padjeq said:

I won tickets to Pet Shop Boys at the Electric Ballroom in the First Proper Gigs Back raffle. There's a few of these for a lot of acts, which if they're still running with that gimmick, they're really gonna need to schedule as early as possible post locky D, so I'd say that'll happen by early july.

If 2000 Trees goes ahead like they're saying in early july, CREEPER will reschedule their gigs for around then too.

Everything else I have is still up in the air.

I’m not expecting that PSB gig to happen until next year. My guess is it’ll coincide with their rearranged tour.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m not expecting that PSB gig to happen until next year. My guess is it’ll coincide with their rearranged tour.

That was my initial thought, but their tour is pushed so far into 2022 it would seem a bit redundant as a concept. Plus it's making these independent venues wait a long time to make their beer money.

Was waiting til Blossoms rearranged to see when it was, that is now September so if all goes to plan and I'm allowed in with one jab then it will be Bryan Adams at the Halton Stadium at the start of July. Though there is talk of trying for Green Day in Huddersfield the week after the restrictions lifting if it happens.

Two places I would never visit if it wasn't for music....

Looking at gigs around what would be Glasto, are any likely to go ahead? Options are:

George and Haim in Leeds on Thursday

Green Day etc. in Huddersfield on Saturday (if I can get a ticket)

BSP and Manics in Halifax on Sunday

Any chance of any?! My current thinking is Manics more likely as British......

On 3/4/2021 at 9:42 PM, efcfanwirral said:

Was waiting til Blossoms rearranged to see when it was, that is now September so if all goes to plan and I'm allowed in with one jab then it will be Bryan Adams at the Halton Stadium at the start of July. Though there is talk of trying for Green Day in Huddersfield the week after the restrictions lifting if it happens.

Two places I would never visit if it wasn't for music....

Hi, I live in Huddersfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Looking at gigs around what would be Glasto, are any likely to go ahead? Options are:

George and Haim in Leeds on Thursday

Green Day etc. in Huddersfield on Saturday (if I can get a ticket)

BSP and Manics in Halifax on Sunday

Any chance of any?! My current thinking is Manics more likely as British......

I'd totally forgotten about that Manics gig after writing it off for being on Glastonbury weekend. Girlfriend has a friend who lives right by the venue too

Might be right about green day with them having to come from America (and the other two acts) Going to guess at 2022 for that whole tour unfortunately - can't see Europe being ready for them earlier than us and they're booked in for America in July/August. September not an option here because of the football being back at their venues

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Hi, I live in Huddersfield.

Haha no offence meant, just meant it would not be first choice for my first weekend of freedom if it wasn't for that gig! 

On 3/4/2021 at 10:31 PM, anditmakesmesmile said:

I got restaurant tickets for an acoustic set from Rag ‘n Bone Man at the Jazz Cafe for June 29, but I’m still hoping there might be the chance of something with a mosh pit and lots of drugs the week before! 

His new song has surprised me. Will check him out at any festivals I may be at where he's playing this summer, especially if the whole album is like that. Based on his old stuff I wouldn't have bothered

On 3/7/2021 at 1:22 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Last gig was exactly one year ago today 😵

Yeah. It's that time where we're now getting all of our "last time at this place" reminders in a row. My last proper social thing pre-lockdown was a year ago yesterday (escape room, bar hopping and dinner at TGI Fridays).

Less surprising news for me is news that The Killers have pushed their May/June tour back to 2022. But given it was all before the magic June 21 date, not a surprise. Guess it's now a case of getting on the blower to Expedia and asking if I can also re-reschedule my hotel, or just use it anyway and see if its safe to have a mid-June still socially distanced trip to Manchester.

4 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Gorillaz 11th august. If gigs are actually happening before then I'll 100% pick up tickets for something else 

Gorrilaz are my first gig back, as well. I’m going to see them at the London O2.That’s if the show’s not cancelled!!😷

On 3/6/2021 at 6:34 PM, Euphoricape said:

Idles at Eden July 11th. Tour was cancelled, but not this one as its a one off date. Really hoping this is gonna happen!

On 2/23/2021 at 6:38 AM, blutarsky said:

Got Caribou at the O2 Bristol booked for May 11, expecting that to be postponed. 

First thing post June 21st is Idles / Spectres at the Eden Project on July 11. 
Very excited for that. 

Just had an email through cancelling all the Eden sessions - tickets to be rolled over. 

6 hours ago, stt11 said:

Gorrilaz are my first gig back, as well. I’m going to see them at the London O2.That’s if the show’s not cancelled!!😷

See you there! Really hoping it gets the green light as I'm really looking forward to that one

• Upvote 1