First gig back

mike46

So assuming June 21st is the first day of no restrictions, and events can go ahead - what is everyone’s first gig/festival back?

First gig for me will be Foals at Brixton on the 29th, and then either Truck or Y Not festival I guess (undecided on which yet)

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Ah shit, just realised that my Fontaines and Idles megaweek ain't happening. Gaaaaaaaash.

Yep, my IDLES back-to-back tiny gigs at the Louisiana in Bristol plus the Victoria Warehouse show are straight down the gurgler after today's announcement, along with the already once postponed Faith No More gig in Birmingham. 

I think we're in for a busy few weeks of reschedules, cancellations, postponements, lineup reveals. Strap yourselves in lads. 

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep, my IDLES back-to-back tiny gigs at the Louisiana in Bristol plus the Victoria Warehouse show are straight down the gurgler after today's announcement, along with the already once postponed Faith No More gig in Birmingham. 

I think we're in for a busy few weeks of reschedules, cancellations, postponements, lineup reveals. Strap yourselves in lads. 

It must have been love, but it's over now.

• Like 1

In theory, Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer on June 26th at London Stadium, which I booked just after Glastonbury was cancelled.  Then next up Jimmy Eat World on the 7th July at Brixton....

First UK band I've got booked is Divine Comedy at the Barbican in September

Waiting for the rescheduling of Fontaines DC and IDLES with baited breath.

I've also got a Biffy ticket for their small venue "Fingers Crossed" tour. I hope that's rescheduled and not cancelled. 

I have had 3 reschedules so far, they've gone to: November, January and April 2022. 

Right now, my first scheduled gig would be Boomtown.

My current tickets are Killers on June 12th, Haim on June 18th, Green Day on June 26th and Foals on June 29th.

I can see the 3 American acts not going ahead regardless of restriction lifting, though tbf 2 of them are before June 21 so it's very unlikely/not happening anyway. Foals is potentially possible tbf. But then that's assuming the next 4 months are predictable and, well...

Edited by charlierc

Dropped a bollock assuming that Crowded House happens on July 1st at Castlefield. Gone and booked a camping holiday in Devon to compensate for missing Glastonbury not thinking about this gig. So pissed off. But holiday will be fab especially if pubs are fully open. Looking forward to a bunch of festivals from end of July, hopefully, assuming Oxfam  come through. Thinking Boomtown, Shambala or Beautiful Days, maybe Womad, and for sure Bearded Theory. If they happen and I can get a place with Mrs C.