Self Confirmed 2022

FloorFiller

The new bands confirmed

Huge congratulations to Lewis McLaughlin who won our 2022 Emerging Talent Competition on an amazing night of live music in Pilton. Lewis wins a slot on one of the Festival’s main stages, plus a £5,000 Talent Development prize from the PRS Foundation.

The judges – who included Emily Eavis, Glastonbury stage bookers and music business professionals – awarded the two runners up places to rapper Crae Wolf and indie-rockers English Teacher. Both acts receive a £2,500 Talent Development prize from the PRS Foundation.

While announcing the winners, Emily Eavis also revealed that all seven acts on a night of powerful performances will be given slots at this year’s Festival - so you can look forward to seeing Amahla, Nia Wyn, Sof & Zola Courtney too. 

The night also featured a sparkling appearance from the 2020 winner R.A.E who won the competition during the 2020 lockdown, and will finally get her slot at this year’s Festival.

Unfortunately, Smoothboi Ezra had to withdraw from the finals due to illness – but will be given a chance to perform as part of the 2023 final.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Matt Owens (ex-Noah & the Whale bassist) with his excellently named backing band, the Delusional Vanity Project: 

People who can't crop photos shouldn't be allowed to run their own Twitter accounts.

There's been a few more walkabouts confirmed for T&C. The seagulls and snow globe woman.  

58 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

That's Paddy Considine's band isn't it? Absolutely fantastic actor, derivative indie-shite musician. Bit like casting Ian Brown in the Godfather.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

That's Paddy Considine's band isn't it? Absolutely fantastic actor, derivative indie-shite musician. Bit like casting Ian Brown in the Godfather.

I've no idea, singer is listed as Gobshite Rambo. Which I like.

22 hours ago, Homer said:

Junior Jungle self-confirmed on the Saturday. It's a child-friendly rave, so will be morning I imagine. This will go off:

image.jpeg

This looks hilarious. I don’t have kids but a can imagine a few of my friends who have enjoying this. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AshwaGandhi said:

This looks hilarious. I don’t have kids but a can imagine a few of my friends who have enjoying this. 

I sent this to my friend to show her 3 year old who is going. She said Mummy I want to go and see that crazy man. I think she is going to have a great Glastonbury 😂

• Upvote 2

Just now, gigpusher said:

In news that won't shock anyone 😄 

About as shocking as the news that Billy Bragg is playing Leftfield but still good to have it confirmed 😄 

His manager had basically already confirmed it but it's nice to see it from the man himself. 

Just now, Gnomicide said:

His manager had basically already confirmed it but it's nice to see it from the man himself. 

Yep just another tick in the box of getting festival ready. Now let me add plastic fox and sweet leaf of the north to my playlist!

13 minutes ago, Giraffe Man said:

I thought I heard Warpaint self confirm on 6 earlier on with Tom Ravenscroft, but may have misheard

Hmm, just went and had a listen but didn't hear anything. Would love them to be there though!