Self Confirmed 2022

FloorFiller

7 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

but has the LF Stage been confirmed?

I had some email correspondence with Julia (Billy’s partner) at the turn of the year as inquiring about a Welsh Male Voice Choir I’m involved with could play, unfortunately it was not doable due to the allocated performer tickets that would be needed to make it happen would not be available. LF were in the process of sorting the lineup out at that time so it looks like they will be there as always 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

I had some email correspondence with Julia (Billy’s partner) at the turn of the year as inquiring about a Welsh Male Voice Choir I’m involved with could play, unfortunately it was not doable due to the allocated performer tickets that would be needed to make it happen would not be available. LF were in the process of sorting the lineup out at that time so it looks like they will be there as always 

That was a close call, then 😜

Just messing. That would've been a good booking for the LF Stage. I'd like to see a Yorkshire Colliery Brass Band play there too.

• Upvote 2

Matt Woosey who originates from near me posted this in an email. Well worth seeing.

"After 18 years of trying, I've finally been booked at Glastonbury. I'll be performing with WOOSEY // PARKER // SMALL at 12.15 pm on Saturday the 25th June in the Greenfields Area on the Croissant Neuf Stage"

https://www.gallaghersnest.com/mattwooseymusic

Edited by alanr
Added video
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

They’d headline the Acoustic wouldn’t they? In which case I hope it isn’t that.

Yeah they must be Friday if Suzanne Vega is still Headlining Acoustic (as she can't do Friday) as we know Waterboys are Saturday.

19 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Yeah they must be Friday if Suzanne Vega is still Headlining Acoustic (as she can't do Friday) as we know Waterboys are Saturday.

Ooh so it looks like it may be shaping up as a battle of the housemartins, with the only other headliner appealing elsewhere on Friday (so far) is fat boy slim!

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Paul & Jacqui could easily end up in the John Peel as well so wouldn’t say they’re a definite for the Acoustic headliner. 

My gut feeling is that if they've been booked by the central (Pyramid/Other/JP) booking team, then it would have been for a daytime singalong slot on the Pyramid or Other rather than as a headliner.

If they're headlining a stage, then Acoustic seems the most likely.

For what it's worth, their last 2 appearances at the Festival were early-afternoon Other in 2016, and sub headlining Acoustic in 2014.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Do we know they're headlining? Think that was just part of the acoustic speculation. Late afternoon/early evening in the John Peel seems right, they normally have a few older acts dotted around - Ride, Low, Goldfrapp etc. 

Nah we don’t, and yeah I agree like third/fourth down John Peel would be a great fit for them.