Self Confirmed 2022

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

That's a lot of research from not knowing who he was 6 hours ago. I suppose its a Bank Holiday 😄

I clicked on the blog expecting to eyeroll at it but tbh I thought it was even handed and fair. Seems a better deal has been found for this year!

Well, the first 3 things I heard about him were 1. He whined about the pay at Glasto, 2. He broke his own pledge not to go back to Glasto just a few years later, and 3. He's popular in London. Ergo, prick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

50 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Well, the first 3 things I heard about him were 1. He whined about the pay at Glasto, 2. He broke his own pledge not to go back to Glasto just a few years later, and 3. He's popular in London. Ergo, prick.

Hard to argue with this 😄

1 hour ago, Wanderlei said:

You didn’t read his blog at all, did you? It was entirely reasonable, he was disappointed it didn’t work out in 2016 and he said he hoped he’d be back the following year. So there never was a “pledge not to go back”.

He’s actually from Merseyside and is probably more strongly associated with Manchester than anywhere else. He’s popular in London, yes, but if you’re writing people off as pricks on the basis of that, then I guess you’re gonna have to put pretty much the entire lineup in the same category.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

You didn’t read his blog at all, did you? It was entirely reasonable, he was disappointed it didn’t work out in 2016 and he said he hoped he’d be back the following year. So there never was a “pledge not to go back”.

He’s actually from Merseyside and is probably more strongly associated with Manchester than anywhere else. He’s popular in London, yes, but if you’re writing people off as pricks on the basis of that, then I guess you’re gonna have to put pretty much the entire lineup in the same category.

🎣😂

• Downvote 2

With greg i noticed he’s got three gigs all on the thursday - looks like he has other commitments the friday and saturday which is a shame but i suppose these things can come up last minute. Like his blog says, he will need to do three shows at glasto at the rates they pay to get anywhere near his normal fee and it probably wont even be that. At least he wont have to travel far from stonebridge to rabbit hole!

Not sure where to put this, but seen someone talked to Ghosts caterer after their gig in Birmingham Friday, and reckons they're playing. Hope so. Not sure where they'd fit. Truth stage, other stage? They've just been announced headlining a festival in france the week before too.

1 minute ago, Deaco85 said:

Not sure where to put this, but seen someone talked to Ghosts caterer after their gig in Birmingham Friday, and reckons they're playing. Hope so. Not sure where they'd fit. Truth stage, other stage? They've just been announced headlining a festival in france the week before too.

Babymetal style mid other stage id have thought

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deaco85 said:

Second tentative link now...

1 hour ago, Deaco85 said:

They do sound like they could be this year's biggish metal band, for Shangri La if not the main stages, but... the caterer??

Here's the exact reply I got. Ah really got my fingers crossed.

"Got my intel from some guy who said he did their catering. 🤣 Was chatting to him after the gig, he reckoned he was staying in some pod thing at Glastonbury with Ghost. Wen I questioned him did he mean Ghost were playing there, he said he didn't know it wasn't confirmed publicly. Cud all be bollocks of course, but I believe him! 😁"

1 hour ago, Deaco85 said:

European exclusive at hellfest

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

That could rule them out. On the other hand Phoebe Bridgers was supposedly a UK festival exclusive at Latitude. Sometimes Glasto seems to gets treated differently, perhaps as it's already sold out.

They only got booked for hellfest in the last 2 months due to someone pulling out which makes it less likely. Also hellfest exclusives are generally much more secure than UK exclusives. Though with brexit who knows

3 hours ago, Deaco85 said:

I hope this is true!!! Absolutely love ghost they would smash it!! 

• Like 1