Self Confirmed 2022

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Woody Cook self confirmed in yesterday’s Mirror. And thus highlighting that nepotism is alive and kicking and showing that someone with very limited experience and unproven talent can get a slot at the most prestigious music festival by virtue of his parents’ achievements rather than his own. 

ouch

16 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Woody Cook self confirmed in yesterday’s Mirror. And thus highlighting that nepotism is alive and kicking and showing that someone with very limited experience and unproven talent can get a slot at the most prestigious music festival by virtue of his parents’ achievements rather than his own. 

That depends what slot he's doing surely - Just about anyone with any connection to the music business can get a slot if they're prepared to take less money (often zero) and/or a lower billing than they'd otherwise expect.

He appears to be a DJ - in which case playing Glastonbury could be anything from an 6pm slot in Samula to zero people, to Arcadia at midnight with a full field.. If it's the latter, you definitely have a point.

On 3/1/2022 at 11:53 PM, Dziekanowski said:

Sprints just confirmed themselves during their gig at Strange Brew in Bristol, while tearing the roof off it... Excellent band from Dublin

Oooohh quality. I'm much more interested in these up and coming acts and this s great start. Williams Green or an early Park slot is my guess.

3 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

I saw him at a festival in Bristol in summer as he didn't clash with anyone and I've got a few mates that know him from uni. While I don't disagree with your point, it wasn't a bad set at all. Good mix of Frontier Psychiatrist in there so I was happy. Hopefully I can just see The Avalanches on the farm though

10 hours ago, incident said:

That depends what slot he's doing surely - Just about anyone with any connection to the music business can get a slot if they're prepared to take less money (often zero) and/or a lower billing than they'd otherwise expect.

He appears to be a DJ - in which case playing Glastonbury could be anything from an 6pm slot in Samula to zero people, to Arcadia at midnight with a full field.. If it's the latter, you definitely have a point.

He's been doing child and toddler "raves" at places such as Ministry, he'll more than likely get a slot in the Kids Field.

On 3/3/2022 at 8:54 AM, anditmakesmesmile said:

Pretty big assumption that he is only there because of his parents, and even if he is it’s not as though he is headlining, nothing wrong with friends of the organisers getting their son a little leg up. No different to an act appearing as part of a package deal with a bigger act or an act appearing because his or her label want them to rather than the festival out and out wanting them. 

bonos son probably got his foot in the door because of who his dad is but is now proving his own worth. 

woody cook will have to stand on his own two feet no matter who his parents are, no matter what chances his last name gets him.