Self Confirmed 2022

FloorFiller

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Surely a very good sign if suppliers are all onboard and early Jan? When all the logistics are a go-go

There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn’t be happening.  Boris didn’t lock us down or add restrictions over the worst period, festivals happened last year and yes I know the build is earlier but we’re currently allowing 70,000 football fans to enter stadiums.  We’re all good…. See you in the fields 

18 hours ago, sisco said:

There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn’t be happening.  Boris didn’t lock us down or add restrictions over the worst period, festivals happened last year and yes I know the build is earlier but we’re currently allowing 70,000 football fans to enter stadiums.  We’re all good…. See you in the fields 

i think you're probably right on that side of things, i think the risk to the festival is in the eavii's confidence to deliver it without new restrictions getting in the way, if they spend a fortune putting it together. hopefully this time round they'll be prepared to take the gamble.

Edited by Neil

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

i think you're probably right on that side of things, i think the risk to the festival is in the eavii's confidence to deliver it without new restrictions getting in the way, if they spend a fortune putting it together. hopefully this time round they'll be prepared to take the gamble.

Yeah fully agree and I think knowing that festivals happened last year when things were much worse will give that confidence.  I do thing the lineup might take a little hit due to travel and touring but we’d all accept that

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Did we think they were headlining JP last time?

I think we knew they were Saturday JP but it was unclear who was headlining. The general consensus was Editors, Primal Scream and Charli XCX were the headliners in that order but could easily have been Glass Animals or FKA twigs too.

14 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think we knew they were Saturday JP but it was unclear who was headlining. The general consensus was Editors, Primal Scream and Charli XCX were the headliners in that order but could easily have been Glass Animals or FKA twigs too.

FKA TWIGS was subbing it

19 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

They were on the lineup for 2020, are playing Dublin the Weds before and Glasgow the Friday after. I'd be astonished if they weren't there.

JP headliner probably but would be an ace way to open The Other stage. 

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Hopefully they've added some bits to the area, it was fun but felt lacking, especially in comparison to the Spider. 

Them/Chase and Status/Someone more current(bicep?) would be brilliant though. 

They will have worked out the issues around the hanging moon for certain … don’t forget that was only year one of the project … since then they have been asking for creative ideas and had quite a break … the spider massively improved from its early time as the afterburner ( I think ) Pangea will be incredible I’ve no doubt 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They will have worked out the issues around the hanging moon for certain … don’t forget that was only year one of the project … since then they have been asking for creative ideas and had quite a break … the spider massively improved from its early time as the afterburner ( I think ) Pangea will be incredible I’ve no doubt 

Oh totally the images of what the Spider was like, to the last few years in its life is night and day. I just can't picture what else they can do with a crane/3d mapping. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Oh totally the images of what the Spider was like, to the last few years in its life is night and day. I just can't picture what else they can do with a crane/3d mapping. 

In fairness though could you picture a massive dockyard crane in a field in Somerset before we knew about it ?  Arcadia had performers and mini spiders coming off it ..  the area could also have more added around the perimeter to add to the visuals 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Will be ace, seen them so many times but never a DJ set. 

Saw them last year at fabric and printworks, its terrific - played some great suspected new songs. Hopefully its 2hr+

6 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Hopefully they've added some bits to the area, it was fun but felt lacking, especially in comparison to the Spider. 

Them/Chase and Status/Someone more current(bicep?) would be brilliant though. 

Bicep will be doing their live show probably rather than a DJ set (could do both but they did a DJ set in 2019 i think)