Self Confirmed 2022

FloorFiller

Not a 100% self confirmation but Jorja Smith said at the end of her set “can’t wait until we can all be together next summer”.

Not really a self confirmation but one to watch.

Hard to place her on the lineup IMO. She could be high up pyramid or other stage?  At the mo I’m thinking 4th down pyramid stage?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Not a 100% self confirmation but Jorja Smith said at the end of her set “can’t wait until we can all be together next summer”.

Hard to place her on the lineup IMO. She could be high up pyramid or other stage?  At the mo I’m thinking 4th down pyramid stage?

Headlong APE and Boardmasters.  I’d say at least 3rd and even subbing wouldn’t shock me. 

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Sounds about right. She’s consolidated her position as Friend of the Festival with her inclusion on LFWF. I’d say any of the artists last night are assured a strong position in next years’ line up. 

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Sounds about right. She’s consolidated her position as Friend of the Festival with her inclusion on LFWF. I’d say any of the artists last night are assured a strong position in next years’ line up. 

I was thinking whether they might give her a west holts headline as an alternative, but she did play on west holts last time so maybe not.

She is probably pyramid bound.

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

She was an Other sub a while back for me but I kinda forget maybe as she isn't on my radar.

43 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Jorja headlining the Other seems feasible, with the slots she's getting this year and a new album probably coming next year.

Her new album was out last week.

Or do you mean another one? 

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Its being considered an ep but spotify has it as an album. And yes, another release is eventually coming.

Oh really?! Didn't know that. 

8 songs is a long old EP!

I've listened to it a few times now and like it, although it doesn't have many stand out tracks for me. 

A good listen, nothing mind blowing. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Neil Finn from Crowded House just said on Sunday Brunch on Channel 4 that they had a tour and a Glastonbury performance booked in 2021, and that's now all been moved into 2022.

Yup just heard from a friend about this. Wonder where they'll play. 4th on Friday maybe? 

7 minutes ago, sisco said:

They were going to be on the Saturday 

See thats so crazy to me, normally Glastonbury like mixing it up a little in-between some of the later Pyramid acts. Crowded House > Aerosmith > Noel > Macca is just full on dad rock. I'd imagine the other stage is gonna be packed with some newer stars/more mainstream music. 

8 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

See thats so crazy to me, normally Glastonbury like mixing it up a little in-between some of the later Pyramid acts. Crowded House > Aerosmith > Noel > Macca is just full on dad rock. I'd imagine the other stage is gonna be packed with some newer stars/more mainstream music. 

Crowded House -> HAIM -> Aerosmith -> Noel -> Macca

I believe. But I think Aerosmith we're not billed so it would look slightly less dadrock on the day.

Edited by Matt42

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd suspect it'll be a female based act 3rd Pyramid Saturday then Crowded House below. Could they play 5th down.

My thinking is if Noel isn’t back HAIM will sub and the third down spot will be left as a ‘special guest’ (Aerosmith) with Crowded House now playing 4th. Maybe someone slotting between Crowded House and the special guest which is quite poppy?

Something like this would look right.

Crowded House -> Anne-Marie -> Aerosmith -> HAIM -> Paul McCartney

Edited by Matt42

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My thinking is if Noel isn’t back HAIM will sub and the third down spot will be left as a ‘special guest’ (Aerosmith) with Crowded House now playing 4th. Maybe someone slotting between Crowded House and the special guest which is quite poppy?

Something like this would look right.

Crowded House -> Anne-Marie -> Aerosmith -> HAIM -> Paul McCartney

Yep would full agree with that.  Also a bit worrying that I’d be at the pyramid all day! 

Just now, MEGABOWL said:

I still think Saturday is likely to be Aerosmith-Noel-Macca. Crowded House could play 5th down with something non-Dad rock (Jorja  Smith? AJ Tracey?) between.

HAIM we’re on the Saturday to, so if they’re recreating it then they’ll be slotting in 3rd down I’d guess

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

HAIM we’re on the Saturday to, so if they’re recreating it then they’ll be slotting in 3rd down I’d guess

I’ve got it in my head they’re going to be bumped to Sunday and higher up. Especially if Swift is back.

This is based on nothing but guesswork obv.

Edited by MEGABOWL
Double post mayhem