Self Confirmed 2022

FloorFiller

Screenshot_20190302-163235_Chrome.jpg.58afc71db7827ed18ccfcb44a16589b0.jpg

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t think we have this thread yet do we?

Anyway, Aerosmith:

https://www.aerosmith.com/tour

The worst kept secret set ever.

Excellent, good spot. I wonder if they'll remove it like last time? 

Edited by Gnomicide

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Surely they need to be on the poster this time?

Maybe they were always gonna be on the big one with stage times etc? Or maybe their PR team didn’t get the memo/don’t really give a shit about them being a secret? Either way, I don’t think they’ll be on the first poster again and they’ll continue to play it out like it’s some big surprise. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Maybe they were always gonna be on the big one with stage times etc? Or maybe their PR team didn’t get the memo/don’t really give a shit about them being a secret? Either way, I don’t think they’ll be on the first poster again and they’ll continue to play it out like it’s some big surprise. 

Tbh you’re probably right. To the lot who look at this everyday it was the worst kept secrets ever.

But to some more casual attendees (friends of mine) they kept forgetting / doubting they’d be there as they weren’t on the poster.

Just now, mike46 said:

So are we thinking as close to the original line up as possible? I thought they might be completely scrapping it and starting again so seeing this fills me with joy! 

Too early to call but I can’t see the acts who were booked for 2020/2021 not wanting to give it another shot.

Just like very few people put their tickets back - I reckon very few artists thought nah the second it was canned.

1 minute ago, mike46 said:

So are we thinking as close to the original line up as possible? I thought they might be completely scrapping it and starting again so seeing this fills me with joy! 

Don't see how we can read anything in to it at all in terms of booking philosophy.

Ultimately - if Aerosmith want to play, and are willing to take a lower slot / fee to do so, then there's no realistic scenario under which GFL would turn them down regardless of what the intentions are for elsewhere on the bill.

8 hours ago, incident said:

Don't see how we can read anything in to it at all in terms of booking philosophy.

100% this.

Aerosmith are a big enough, established enough act that, even during the extended gap between festivals, very little will have changed regarding where they "fit" into the lineup. There's plenty of other acts for whom events in the extended break will have made a huge difference to their most natural "fit" in the lineup, and we have no idea yet how they will be handled regarding whether or not they are revoked, if they are then in the same slot etc.