Jump to content

Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sundance said:

Yeah that's a good shout about the infrastructure factor... plus APE are a corporate fucking machine so probably have loads of cash to stay afloat if they did need to rearrange. 

Yeah, Gala is the one I'm most worried about tbh. It was the one I was most looking forward too as well, it's right on my door step! Perhaps if it came to it they could push it back 

Yeah, I mean APE is still technically a multi-day event with similar infrastructure to 'festival' festivals, but the amount of money behind it, the fact it's in London, and the fact it's only a couple of stages will definitely help it get it over the line. GALA looks decent but yeah, even two weeks after this new deadline feels a bit dodgy to me. Fingers crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

The minute they government supply backing and they all cancel we all pay for that. We are already all paying for covid for the next god knows years I'm taxes.

That's not how taxes work

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

People are looking a bit too blindly at what they want over the reality of what the situation is.

The minute they government supply backing and they all cancel we all pay for that. We are already all paying for covid for the next god knows years I'm taxes.

But if the government truly are confident about the unlocking date and festivals being able to go ahead after that, they would actually profit from such a scheme and help balance some of that COVID debt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

That's not how taxes work

It was kinda a bit tongue in cheek but who do you think is going to cover the longterm debt.

I'll remind you though when tax and insurance is 35% instead of 33

31 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

But if the government truly are confident about the unlocking date and festivals being able to go ahead after that, they would actually profit from such a scheme and help balance some of that COVID debt.

How do they know? 3k went to 5k to 8k cases quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

Looks like Wilderness is still going ahead...

 

Screenshot_20210616-111030__01.jpg

Cynical part of me thinks they would go under without a festival whatever...that's the only reason anyone would be so certain now about being allowed an event in August without social distancing- if they had no choice. That or the owners trust Boris fully...

Edited by efcfanwirral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Cynical part of me thinks they would go under without a festival whatever...that's the only reason anyone would be so certain now about being allowed an event in August without social distancing- if they had no choice. That or the owners trust Boris fully...

Well, its run by Mama, which is LiveNation, so there are deep pockets and obviously they have Melvin on the "inside" so to speak...time will tell!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Cynical part of me thinks they would go under without a festival whatever...that's the only reason anyone would be so certain now about being allowed an event in August without social distancing- if they had no choice. That or the owners trust Boris fully...

The owners are Live Nation, and so they've got a connection to the ERP/DCMS and in theory should know more than is in the public domain.

Given their backing, don't think there's any risk of LN going under even if they have to pull it at the last minute - though it could get sticky if they need to pull all of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

Well, its run by Mama, which is LiveNation, so there are deep pockets and obviously they have Melvin on the "inside" so to speak...time will tell!

 

32 minutes ago, incident said:

The owners are Live Nation, and so they've got a connection to the ERP/DCMS and in theory should know more than is in the public domain.

Given their backing, don't think there's any risk of LN going under even if they have to pull it at the last minute - though it could get sticky if they need to pull all of them.

Ah the opposite then! Still got a feeling FR will benefit hugely by buying up failing festivals while theirs go ahead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

how they going to abide by step 3 restrictions?

It says "socially distanced" in the tweet.

Presumably they're also at or less than 4,000 people and 50% of the site capacity - in which case they can fit within the current rules much as Bigfoot still appears to be going ahead this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, incident said:

It says "socially distanced" in the tweet.

Presumably they're also at or less than 4,000 people and 50% of the site capacity - in which case they can fit within the current rules much as Bigfoot still appears to be going ahead this weekend.

yeah, just intrigued how they're going to do it. I can see how the work shops they'll limits numbers in, and some of the talky/comedy stuff...but what about for bands and general walk around areas, kid play areas etc. I guess it's not going to be that strict.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, incident said:

Presumably they're also at or less than 4,000 people and 50% of the site capacity - in which case they can fit within the current rules much as Bigfoot still appears to be going ahead this weekend.

Am onsite at Bigfoot on Thursday, so hopefully it is going ahead 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Oh, sorry...ignore me (unless you are already!)...just looked at Deershed website and it's not normal Deershed, but a Basecamp thing.

Yeah it looks a bit like the Camp Kin thing Shambala are doing (which we are booked on for) or Worthy Pastures (or whatever it's called). Socially distanced camping with some activities. Camp Kin have always said they can do it at stage 3, but that they will add extra things if they can at stage 4 (presume in terms of music/entertainment as that's the bit that is still pretty vague at the moment).

I was feeling gutted that we hadn't booked a proper festival but I think the uncertainty would be really stressful! So quite pleased with the option we've gone for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, just intrigued how they're going to do it. I can see how the work shops they'll limits numbers in, and some of the talky/comedy stuff...but what about for bands and general walk around areas, kid play areas etc. I guess it's not going to be that strict.

Kids play areas and general walk around areas are all open at the moment in the real world- there's not a huge amount of social distancing going on (especially in the former) but they shouldn't be the problem.

Bands are more interesting but I guess it just requires people to have a change in attitude - just because an event is standing doesn't mean you have to ram in as close as possible to everyone else. Or just picture the Pyramid field from around halfway back during most mid-afternoon sets. People are stood around and distanced from each other to a reasonable extent. It's just doing that but all the way to the front.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2021 at 4:39 PM, sisco said:

Slap the you’re more likely to get freebies or a bung on you mean 

Or that these events are all 'High Society' events, generating loadsamoney for gambling organisations and the like as well, then they surely must go ahead huh... Some are run by individuals with not inconsiderable influence in the Govt as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, barcelonista1899 said:

Found this interesting from a day 'festival' in Shrewsbury (I'm not going, I've just been keeping an eye out as a mate's wedding is nearby and all the hotels are currently booked out!) re a test event shortlist, makes you wonder how many test events there are going to be...

 

 

IMG_20210616_212802.jpg

Hmm could every festival this summer fall in the test event catagory? Means the government won't have to pay for cancellation insurance that's been asked for and presents us as gone back to normal internationally as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really sad one of our small local festivals Godney Gathering was due to go ahead on the 17th and 18th july they are devasted they have worked so hard to make it a two day mini festival tht stated off as as evening in a farmers shed! Really feel for them! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...