Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

Anybody know the capacity for Playground Festival?

Just looking at the Scottish government rules under different levels:
https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-protection-levels/pages/protection-level-2/

For level 2 (which East Renfrewshire currently is) it says:
Outdoor grouped standing events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 250 people.

For level 1:
Outdoor grouped standing events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 500 people.

And for Level 0:
Outdoor grouped standing events are advised to operate with a maximum capacity of 1,000 people.

Tempted to buy Friday tickets, but worried I'd just be wasting my money. Suspect there is normally over 1000 people there.  Originally had Sunday tickets for 2019 and lost out on booking fees when I got a refund (plus they were a pain to deal with to get money back, ticket seller saying had to go to festival directly, while the festival were saying it was responsibility of ticket company, took months to resolve).

Though not sure if the fact the limits are "advised" rather than required if maybe it could go ahead.

Edited by found home in 2009

14 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. Heard it's sadly a matter of when not if...

Sad news! Do you think it means another postponement or cancel? I hope it survives! 

Got some skin in the game finally for some reopening stuff. Booked the James gig in London for whenever it happens (if it does). I assume they'll still try to be "London's opening night" so we're going to be there whenever it is. Fuck it, i like Feeder, maximo Park and the sherlocks and don't hate James. Why not shed tears of joy at the first live gig that happens when there's no guarantees of the things I've booked otherwise happening over a month later 

On 6/6/2021 at 12:41 AM, efcfanwirral said:

Got some skin in the game finally for some reopening stuff. Booked the James gig in London for whenever it happens (if it does). I assume they'll still try to be "London's opening night" so we're going to be there whenever it is. Fuck it, i like Feeder, maximo Park and the sherlocks and don't hate James. Why not shed tears of joy at the first live gig that happens when there's no guarantees of the things I've booked otherwise happening over a month later 

i will cry if this doesn't happen on the 24th

14 hours ago, charlottem said:

Still holding out hope for FarmFest, end of July. Anyone heard anything? 

I've got a ticket for this. Don't know if you saw but there was an announcement a while back that they were extending to an extra day and allowing people to arrive the night before it starts, to get people in more gradually. I won't be taking them up on the offer - but it certainly indicated that they were moving ahead with things.

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

I've got a ticket for this. Don't know if you saw but there was an announcement a while back that they were extending to an extra day and allowing people to arrive the night before it starts, to get people in more gradually. I won't be taking them up on the offer - but it certainly indicated that they were moving ahead with things.

Valley fest is the end of july as well , and they are still full steam ahead , there has been a couple of headliner changes though , and i suspect this will happen to a lot of festivals as dates come on line and drop off as well as covid restrictions / out breaks  

Festevol at Invisible Wind Factory in August looks really good, especially that first day. Love Kelly Lee Owens, and Working Men’s Club are really growing on me. Throw in Oranj Son, best band in Liverpool at the moment, and it’s not a bad do at all. Great venue as well. 

9 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

‘Certain’ England fans will be in a right pickle, they won’t want to go against their principles and go if there are ‘Vaccine passports’ but if they don’t then they won’t be able to boo when the players take the knee.

Those against vaccine passports aren't all brexit supporting racists. I'll get vaccinated but if it goes to vaccine proof only will NEVER use it 

Edited by efcfanwirral

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Those against vaccine passports aren't all brexit supporting racists. I'll get vaccinated but if it goes to vaccine proof only will NEVER use it 

That’s why I put ‘certain’ in inverted commas.

You’re right, not all anti vaxxers are racist, but strangely most of the racists are anti-vax. No idea what the link is.

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

That’s why I put ‘certain’ in inverted commas.

You’re right, not all anti vaxxers are racist, but strangely most of the racists are anti-vax. No idea what the link is.

The link probably being a high level of ignorance, poor education, general paranoia and stupidity.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm happy as long as tests are an option. The line for me is when (not if) that is taken away 

im guessing at some point you decide that the jabs are fine and hope one falls b4 the other ....I thought you were ok with having jab now ? or is my memory playing tricks ?

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Not everyone against passports for stuff are anti vaxxers either 

To be clear, I was talking about the England fans who boo taking the knee, are anti vax and anti vaccine passport.

I was sort of half joking that some of the people who watch certain YouTube videos will be in an awkward position where they want to go into the stadium to boo taking the knee but will need to go against their principles and have a vaccine and produce a passport to be able to do so.

If you are only one of the three things I mentioned then I wasn’t talking about you.

Edited by rivalschools.price