Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just got a press release and an offer of some passes to that Big Foot festival that is taking place before the final restrictions are lifted - so they still seem to think they are going ahead.

Had a quick scan and no specifics on how they are going to pull it off!

Possibly it’s a test event? 

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, that is still quite mysterious.

In more positive thread news, the latest figures released regarding the effectiveness of UK vaccines in preventing serious illness caused by the 'Indian' variant (as I've droned on before, serious illness really is all that 'matters'...) are massively encouraging. I would say that if the remaining festival organisers can hold their nerve for another 2-3 weeks (i.e. until almost 21 June), then there are grounds for optimism that some of them will go ahead. 

I genuinely cannot see any current scientific model that would justify deviation from the roadmap and so a return to mass gatherings. But then, that's me being logical and scientific, which as we know is no guarantee of anything with this shower.

Ben

A couple more days and we will see the impact of household mixing on cases too .... thats a massive step if they dont surge then all the outside stuff and inside tents looks much more positive 

29 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just got a press release and an offer of some passes to that Big Foot festival that is taking place before the final restrictions are lifted - so they still seem to think they are going ahead.

Had a quick scan and no specifics on how they are going to pull it off!

Not sure if you’re referring to the press release or website, but BigFoot have at least tried to answer a few issues on their website

https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/info/covid-safety-ticket-policy/

they’ve been adding acts and breweries within the last week so all signs point towards it actually happening! The main concern for me which hasn’t been answered is the whole rule of 30 outdoors. With it being a 4K capacity event, does this mean that we have to move round the festival in groups of 30?

I personally can’t see there being any social distancing going on once people have had a few drinks, especially when this’ll be the first festival for many in 2 years! 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, that is still quite mysterious.

In more positive thread news, the latest figures released regarding the effectiveness of UK vaccines in preventing serious illness caused by the 'Indian' variant (as I've droned on before, serious illness really is all that 'matters'...) are massively encouraging. I would say that if the remaining festival organisers can hold their nerve for another 2-3 weeks (i.e. until almost 21 June), then there are grounds for optimism that some of them will go ahead. 

I genuinely cannot see any current scientific model that would justify deviation from the roadmap and so a return to mass gatherings. But then, that's me being logical and scientific, which as we know is no guarantee of anything with this shower.

Ben

Just reminded me they are supposed t get all that data, etc from the test events in Liverpool. Anyone know if that has happened yet/when it's due?

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Not sure if you’re referring to the press release or website, but BigFoot have at least tried to answer a few issues on their website

https://bigfootfestival.co.uk/info/covid-safety-ticket-policy/

they’ve been adding acts and breweries within the last week so all signs point towards it actually happening! The main concern for me which hasn’t been answered is the whole rule of 30 outdoors. With it being a 4K capacity event, does this mean that we have to move round the festival in groups of 30?

I personally can’t see there being any social distancing going on once people have had a few drinks, especially when this’ll be the first festival for many in 2 years! 

Press release - they don't really address it!

"Having postponed its inaugural edition last year, Bigfoot is no stranger to the extraordinary and difficult challenges that the coronavirus pandemic poses. Bigfoot is committed to providing light at the end of the tunnel and proceeding with this year’s festival with the utmost priority placed on the safety of its patrons."

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just reminded me they are supposed t get all that data, etc from the test events in Liverpool. Anyone know if that has happened yet/when it's due?

Saw an article the other say that suggested the evidence is being handed to the PM this week but that numbers from Liverpool were better than hoped 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Don't we know that already?

Reports 3 days ago indicated just 15 positive tests from 58000 attendees cumulatively across the test events (Liverpool, BRITS, FA Cup semis and final). Or do you mean that the official report is due to be given to the blonde arsehole this week?

Either way, I think the results can only strengthen the case for green lighting 21 June.

Ben

• Upvote 1

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Reports 3 days ago indicated just 15 positive tests from 58000 attendees cumulatively across the test events (Liverpool, BRITS, FA Cup semis and final). Or do you mean that the official report is due to be given to the blonde arsehole this week?

Either way, I think the results can only strengthen the case for green lighting 21 June.

Ben

Thanks, I've been pretty much out of the news cycle since Friday.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Not if the biddies from MDC get their decibel meters out, it would appear 😉

Ben
x

9 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Full report was due late this month apparently, though I did see it was to be delayed but can't find any source to that now.

12 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Role of 30 is only to private gatherings outdoors. Businesses/organised activity are treated differently in the regs

Oh, that changes everything then. I had the impression that areas were going to be limited to groups of 30 across the festival, but If that’s just for private gatherings, then surely this festival is going to feel a lot more normal than I had anticipated?

Boom

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/covid-test-pilot-events-15-cases-west-end-revival-june-21-oliver-dowden-b937048.html

• Just four cases of Covid occurred across the entire 17 days of the World Snooker Championships, staged indoors at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre.
  • Zero cases emerged from the Brits, even though the audience could mingle at tables and in boxes without masks.
  • There were only two cases among 5,900 pop-lovers at an outdoor music festival at Sefton Park, Liverpool, and none at all at the reduced-capacity football at Wembley Stadium, indicating that summer festivals, sporting events and entertainments held outdoors are very safe.
  • Nine cases were found among 6,000 revellers who packed into a nightclub in Liverpool over two days without masks. The relatively higher incidence confirmed that clubbing is the toughest part of the night economy to bring back safely but is not seen as so high as to rule out the reopening of venues.
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Boom

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/covid-test-pilot-events-15-cases-west-end-revival-june-21-oliver-dowden-b937048.html

• Just four cases of Covid occurred across the entire 17 days of the World Snooker Championships, staged indoors at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre.
  • Zero cases emerged from the Brits, even though the audience could mingle at tables and in boxes without masks.
  • There were only two cases among 5,900 pop-lovers at an outdoor music festival at Sefton Park, Liverpool, and none at all at the reduced-capacity football at Wembley Stadium, indicating that summer festivals, sporting events and entertainments held outdoors are very safe.
  • Nine cases were found among 6,000 revellers who packed into a nightclub in Liverpool over two days without masks. The relatively higher incidence confirmed that clubbing is the toughest part of the night economy to bring back safely but is not seen as so high as to rule out the reopening of venues.

This part also interested me - reframes part 2 to, reading between the lines, be more about winter than summer events 

Screenshot_20210525-104153_Chrome.jpg

45 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

One word of caution is they still haven't tested multi day festivals and there's talk about capacities so this doesn't mean camping festivals are on

That's all part of phase 2, from next month 

7 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Oh, that changes everything then. I had the impression that areas were going to be limited to groups of 30 across the festival, but If that’s just for private gatherings, then surely this festival is going to feel a lot more normal than I had anticipated?

Same way many outdoor pub and restaurant areas have space for more than 30 people. The only issues would be you couldn't go with a group of more than 30 people, and then there's the social distancing review - having to try and distance from those not in your group would be a challenge.

11 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Holy fuck the Primavera line-up for 2022 is insane. Hugely tempted!

Weekend 2 over 1 without a doubt for me. I'd say there are 5 acts that I'd bother with. Which for me is quite good as there is usually 3 at the max  I'd like YYYs on a 3rd down Other slot.

43 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Weekend 2 over 1 without a doubt for me. I'd say there are 5 acts that I'd bother with. Which for me is quite good as there is usually 3 at the max  I'd like YYYs on a 3rd down Other slot.

Both look great but I'm weekend 1 all the way! My partner needs persuading but I'm seriously tempted to just buy two tickets next week to get it locked down. I've always wanted to go and I need some shit to look forward to. Even a year away.

53 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Both look great but I'm weekend 1 all the way! My partner needs persuading but I'm seriously tempted to just buy two tickets next week to get it locked down. I've always wanted to go and I need some shit to look forward to. Even a year away.

From what I could read of the line-up, it looks awesome! Who chose that design/font?!