Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Had no idea that Jorja Smith is now big enough to headline festivals

Field Day gave her a first headline status a couple of years back (and it was pretty boring), but she's extremely popular amongst Gen Z music fans. Not sure she could fill the same level of headline venue that Gorillaz or Foals can but it's good to see a female artist up top like that anyway, which can't be said for many festivals this year.

9 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Oh yeah! So still a few out there. Fingers crossed for you all.

Everything I was thinking of booking got sold out before I could make a decision (and some of them have gone now), so it's just New Order at Heaton Park in September for me that I'm hanging on to. Still have one eye on Green Man but they are taking their time to announce.

I had rebooked tickets/gigs/festivals and flights since early last year mutiple times. If the New Order Heaton Park show does not happen nothing will happen this year I fear. But first I have to get there because this is also a bit uncertain. So really hope to see this concert as concerts in Austria are far more uncertain than this one. So fingers crossed.

7 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

I had rebooked tickets/gigs/festivals and flights since early last year mutiple times. If the New Order Heaton Park show does not happen nothing will happen this year I fear. But first I have to get there because this is also a bit uncertain. So really hope to see this concert as concerts in Austria are far more uncertain than this one. So fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed indeed! I'm hopeful it will happen as September is a long way away...

11 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

DC276259-B996-4E07-B2DC-5960A64A1F2B.jpeg

Not a bad little line up.

All in all, an interesting day - 2 line up drops and a cancellation.

What will tomorrow bring? 😃

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Its certainly a start.all eyes on the sefton park data the next couple of weeks. Maybe they'll do the insurance if that one goes well?

That's my thinking too, once they know events are less likely to cancel they'll be willing to go ahead. What are the chances of events being put back on at short notice? 

Also what's the criteria for a trial to be classed as a success? No data for infections after a certain period of time? 

10 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Why are you down voting posts linking to articles saying the results of test events mean social distancing won't be needed?

Cause it's not gonna happen, if you think it's all going on as normal on 22nd June, your crazy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Cause it's not gonna happen, if you think it's all going on as normal on 22nd June, your crazy

Ok, you can buy me a pint at a non socially distances gig of my choice on the 22nd. 😜

Right now there's no indication it won't, the rises in cases even I thought would happen by now haven't materialised. They might do in the near future but right now the lights are lighting up green.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Ok, you can buy me a pint at a non socially distances gig of my choice on the 22nd. 😜

Right now there's no indication it won't, the rises in cases even I thought would happen by now haven't materialised. They might do in the near future but right now the lights are lighting up green.

Yup. And the telegraph have seen a copy of the report clearly from the article, so they aren't just randomly talking rubbish in this case.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Yup. And the telegraph have seen a copy of the report clearly from the article, so they aren't just randomly talking rubbish in this case.

I hope it’s true but please bear in mind that the Tories have had a shocker of a week and will have dripfed positive stories to their friends in the press ahead of the local elections. I imagine this messaging would soften after they win those.

8 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

You may be correct, Paul, but downvoting is just petty, IMO - much better to have a discussion with the poster, rather than playground booing (unless someone is behaving completely unacceptably, I guess).

Over the months we've had good discussions in the thread, and your contributions, as someone with a great deal of knowledge of the industry, have been really insightful. And, yes, your predictions of cancellations have largely been correct. But to have a pop at someone for posting an enthusiastic declaration of excitement that things might be able to happen this summer? You're better than that.

Ben

• Upvote 8

I don't understand the comments on here.

The test events weren't extensive and crucially the people there had all passed a lateral flow test and often these events were distanced and outdoors.

How do you conclude from these conditions that gigs can now happen without proof of having antibodies (and especially that indoor gigs can happen)?

You can't.

• Upvote 1