Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Bearded theory just has placebo at the moment doesn't it?

Yes, they've also said that they've got the "vast majority" of the 2020 lineup rebooked, so while we don't know specifically which acts that means we can get a realistic overall impression. They also said that the Flaming Lips aren't one of those.

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Yes, they've also said that they've got the "vast majority" of the 2020 lineup rebooked, so while we don't know specifically which acts that means we can get a realistic overall impression. They also said that the Flaming Lips aren't one of those.

Cheers for that (y). I figured one of the headliners had likely been replaced, but had no idea who! I think Echo & The Bunnymen also dropped off between the original dates and September 2020, so I'm interested to see if they make a reappearance.

Sad to see Download cancelled but it was inevitable.  Decent headliners for next year though. It’s a bit close to Glastonbury for us as we like to make a bit of a longer holiday down Somerset way

However I might be tempted into a download day ticket.! I can never resist the monsters of rock. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

Man, rock music really needs to produce some new stars. I saw Maiden and Biffy at the same Download in 2007, also saw Kiss the following year!

Hopefully Glastonbury follows suit with this super early announcement though! I want names dammit 😃

13 minutes ago, incident said:

Mik Artistik.

Beans On Toast.

Billy Bragg.

Seize The Day.

You're welcolme.

Don’t forget special guest: Fatboy Slim 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sad to see Download cancelled but it was inevitable.  Decent headliners for next year though. It’s a bit close to Glastonbury for us as we like to make a bit of a longer holiday down Somerset way

However I might be tempted into a download day ticket.! I can never resist the monsters of rock. 

I’m considering buying an early bird. I’m concerned about bankruptcy problems, though.

I’m worried that. If they go into receivership between now and then, I might lose my ticket money. So I’m apprehensive. 

I guess some of these festivals that are cancelling are worried about clashing with other festivals if they move later? Not necessarily from a punter perspective as the demand seems to be there, but a festival the size of Download needs to be able to guarantee access to toilets, trackways etc I guess.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I guess some of these festivals that are cancelling are worried about clashing with other festivals if they move later? Not necessarily from a punter perspective as the demand seems to be there, but a festival the size of Download needs to be able to guarantee access to toilets, trackways etc I guess.

I had this thought as well, also by this point international travel would have only just been allowed and we still dont know if quarentining will be in place, would American acts then struggle to get over for it? 

2 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I had this thought as well, also by this point international travel would have only just been allowed and we still dont know if quarentining will be in place, would American acts then struggle to get over for it? 

I think that's one of the problems. 

The bigger problem is that American acts aren't going to cross the transatlantic just for a couple of UK gigs. Needs Europe to have some gig possibilities too. Chances for which look ropey.

1 hour ago, stt11 said:

I’m considering buying an early bird. I’m concerned about bankruptcy problems, though.

I’m worried that. If they go into receivership between now and then, I might lose my ticket money. So I’m apprehensive. 

If you pay on a credit card, you'll be able to claim the money back from the credit card company should the worst happen.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, duke88 said:

If you pay on a credit card, you'll be able to claim the money back from the credit card company should the worst happen.

I might actually book it then. Then if I don’t get a Glastonbury ticket. At least I know I’m going, somewhere. Thanks for the advice!!!

8 minutes ago, Homer said:

Remember the Bloom festival. First one was good but second was crap. Relented on tickets to number three until they did a massive deal and slashed prices, so we all bought them and they folded a few days later and kept everyone's money.

I’m a little more confident about Download, than small festivals. I suppose I reason that a, big, established, festival would organise itself a bit better.

Edited by stt11

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If anything you might be helping to fend off liquidation by booking early...

I’m definitely considering it. If you book an early bird, you know your not cooped up, next summer. June 27th is always a little bit too late for me.

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Good advice, I’ve started using a credit rather than a debit card for paying flights, gigs etc. 

Yeah, always worth using a credit card for anything that's a reasonable price or has a chance of being cancelled, even if you've got the money for it. You're so much better protected.