Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

Frustrating that the governments insurance and support has probably all come a bit too late. Had several festivals lined up this year but they all bit the dust in July. Didn't have much of an interest in the festivals in August, Wilderness etc - all a bit to tweed for me.

Ah well, onwards for next year.

3 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Frustrating that the governments insurance and support has probably all come a bit too late. Had several festivals lined up this year but they all bit the dust in July. Didn't have much of an interest in the festivals in August, Wilderness etc - all a bit to tweed for me.

Ah well, onwards for next year.

There’s still some tickets floating about on resale sites for existing ones … beautiful days for example … there’s opportunities out there … 

Edited by crazyfool1

On the train back from volunteering at wilderness. It was joyous. 

Covid checks on the way in for customers, almost everyone was fine with this. They were accepting all manner of proof, NHS App Pass, emails, texts, even some people who brought the actual lateral flow kit. 

Only issue was originally people had to re-check these every time they went back and forth between the car and some got caught out without their phone so were asked to retest on the gate That requirement got dropped by mid-afternoon on the first day. 

Bar staff were in face masks but that was really the only noticeable measure.

Staff got issued wristbands that were scanned at each gate in the site to check you'd had a negative lateral flow in the last 48 hours, stress on Friday having to do that before the music started. 

Otherwise a lovely experience, great music. Loyle carner and Mahalia were great. Bicep fantastic. Jamie xx set out a slightly different vibe showing what he wants to be booked for in the next 1-2 years.

Bloody brilliant time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

On the train back from volunteering at wilderness. It was joyous. 

Covid checks on the way in for customers, almost everyone was fine with this. They were accepting all manner of proof, NHS App Pass, emails, texts, even some people who brought the actual lateral flow kit. 

Only issue was originally people had to re-check these every time they went back and forth between the car and some got caught out without their phone so were asked to retest on the gate That requirement got dropped by mid-afternoon on the first day. 

Bar staff were in face masks but that was really the only noticeable measure.

Staff got issued wristbands that were scanned at each gate in the site to check you'd had a negative lateral flow in the last 48 hours, stress on Friday having to do that before the music started. 

Otherwise a lovely experience, great music. Loyle carner and Mahalia were great. Bicep fantastic. Jamie xx set out a slightly different vibe showing what he wants to be booked for in the next 1-2 years.

Bloody brilliant time.

In what way was Jamie XX different? Was there much from In Colour?

Seeing him at APE in a few weeks.

Glad you had a great time! 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Was also wondering this! The slots he's getting seem to be getting bigger and bigger, and not far off what the xx would be playing usually, I wonder if they'll call it quits after another album or two and do solo stuff...

Then again they seem to be best friends so perhaps they'll just reconvene every five years or so and do their own stuff in between. Seems to be working so far.

7 hours ago, Zacko said:

Was also wondering this! The slots he's getting seem to be getting bigger and bigger, and not far off what the xx would be playing usually, I wonder if they'll call it quits after another album or two and do solo stuff...

Then again they seem to be best friends so perhaps they'll just reconvene every five years or so and do their own stuff in between. Seems to be working so far.

After my first 5 day bender in two years I don't have words right now. Might try again tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zacko said:

I’d say the latter seems likely. 

They can do their own thing and reconvene as and when they fee the need to. 

23 hours ago, nikkic said:

I was there - a couple of songs from In Colour but surprisingly not much.  The start of the set seemed kind of typical Jamie xx, including a Bicep remix which was a nice touch following Bicep's set.  Things got pretty dark and heavy.  And then he played Idontknow and the vibe changed entirely - very high energy after the BPM change, the place was bouncing.  He slowed it down near the end with Could Heaven Ever Be like This, some disco (if I remember correctly), and ended with Gosh.

It was definitely much more genre-hopping than I expected, and in places, pretty close to techno.  It was incredible.  Everyone in the audience was so lovely and happy.  I'm very excited to see what he does with his 3.5hr set at Warehouse Project in November!

Edited by Vidsidasta

1 hour ago, Vidsidasta said:

I was there - a couple of songs from In Colour but surprisingly not much.  The start of the set seemed kind of typical Jamie xx, including a Bicep remix which was a nice touch following Bicep's set.  Things got pretty dark and heavy.  And then he played Idontknow and the vibe changed entirely - very high energy after the BPM change, the place was bouncing.  He slowed it down near the end with Could Heaven Ever Be like This, some disco (if I remember correctly), and ended with Gosh.

It was definitely much more genre-hopping than I expected, and in places, pretty close to techno.  It was incredible.  Everyone in the audience was so lovely and happy.  I'm very excited to see what he does with his 3.5hr set at Warehouse Project in November!

Saw him at WHP in 2017 and it was a whole fucking vibe. Easily the best WHP I've been at! 

1 hour ago, Vidsidasta said:

Wow sounds ace. 

No Loud Places?!

I ventured to the outer reaches of other forums on this website (it's a bit like the 'rejected toys under the bed' scene in Tory Story: initially terrifying but it turns out everyone is friendly enough) and found a Supergrass and Therapy? festival with tickets for £7.50!

https://www.godivafestival.com/news/article/93/friday_line-up_announced_for_godiva_festival

Edited by Homer

59 minutes ago, Homer said:

I ventured to the outer reaches of other forums on this website (it's a bit like the 'rejected toys under the bed' scene in Tory Story: initially terrifying but it turns out everyone is friendly enough) and found a Supergrass and Therapy? festival with tickets for £7.50!

https://www.godivafestival.com/news/article/93/friday_line-up_announced_for_godiva_festival

That's pretty cool

Spent this weekend at Lakefest; testing was voluntary beforehand but we did it anyway on their app - but was never asked to show evidence. No masks in any situation, so initially I felt uncomfortable but the whole thing was outdoors. The line up was never likely to generate a mosh pit scenario, but we hugged friends - I guess we just behaved sensibly & had a fantastic festival weekend x 

1 hour ago, ChemicalBrother said:

Spent this weekend at Lakefest; testing was voluntary beforehand but we did it anyway on their app - but was never asked to show evidence. No masks in any situation, so initially I felt uncomfortable but the whole thing was outdoors. The line up was never likely to generate a mosh pit scenario, but we hugged friends - I guess we just behaved sensibly & had a fantastic festival weekend x 

We were there too , did the same ( complied with there app ) but not once asked to show it . Plenty of security to stop you smuggling alcohol in though ! ( that didn’t work either 😉 ) .

a great little festival though , I few little issues to iron out and it would be awesome. 

We had a great weekend, I would definitely recommend and re visit this festival