Jump to content

Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Search on twitter "latitude covid" 

I don't think festivals are out the woods just yet 😔. If they want to stop spread I don't even think the answer is to only let double vaccinated people in...

Hoping these whole groups getting it are isolated incidents or exaggerations 

Interestingly, the first two people I've known to fall victim of covid in a fairly long time are either 21 or under. It should be double vaccination for everything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

Saving Grace featuring Robert Plant and Suzi Dian pull out of the headlining slot of Underneath the Stars Festival.

https://twitter.com/festunderstars/status/1421128917902049285?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

https://twitter.com/BMusic_Ltd

I’m going to spend every day at Reading and Bloodstock crossing my fingers that the bands I want to see don’t pull out.

I won’t fully believe they’re playing until they appear onstage haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I’m going to spend every day at Reading and Bloodstock crossing my fingers that the bands I want to see don’t pull out.

I won’t fully believe they’re playing until they appear onstage haha.

Yeah after seeing Latitude have a fair few last minute drop outs (and tbf, pretty decent replacements) I’m expecting similar to happen at any festival  that happens any time soon. Fingers crossed it’s not anybody big and/or that people are going for especially. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Off to Valley Fest tomorrow. Snaffled a couple of tickets for £60 for the pair and given we’re only 10 mins away would be rude not to!

Looking forward to introducing the 18month old to her first festival.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a festival but was gutted when whitesnake cancelled gig last year but they have announced new tour next May... so actually bought tickets for the 1st time in forever for something!!!!

Hoping to buy Bearded Theory tickets too as handed mine back in as needed the money

Small steps for me but buying gig tickets has made me happy 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah after seeing Latitude have a fair few last minute drop outs (and tbf, pretty decent replacements) I’m expecting similar to happen at any festival  that happens any time soon. Fingers crossed it’s not anybody big and/or that people are going for especially. 

Post August 16th should be better for that, as it would just be people who are positives rathan contacts 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Post August 16th should be better for that, as it would just be people who are positives rathan contacts 

It might not be for everyone but waiting until the last moment and bagging tickets for dirt cheap from people who no longer want to go to a given festival is currently a good market.

My tickets for valley fest are worth £310 and I got them for £60… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

It might not be for everyone but waiting until the last moment and bagging tickets for dirt cheap from people who no longer want to go to a given festival is currently a good market.

My tickets for valley fest are worth £310 and I got them for £60… 

Where’s the best place to get last minute tickets? 
I used to look on Twickets and Stereoboard but both haven’t had much since gigs restarted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dont mind us over here but apparently nobody wants to pay attention to any festivals happening unless it contains with a certain type of audience. ( caucasian ) Total outrage despite it being the only major one thats happening right now with proof of vaxx or a neg test required for entry. We cant have nice things or even try. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Where’s the best place to get last minute tickets? 
I used to look on Twickets and Stereoboard but both haven’t had much since gigs restarted.

I guess it’s risky because I assume it’s where folk who wish to stitch you up will prey but I just commented on one of the festival posts on social media seeing if anyone was looking to get rid of tickets.

Had a few messages and just said I wasn’t going to be paying more than £60 for the pair and how I understood if they wanted to hunt around for more money but to message me if they got desperate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I guess it’s risky because I assume it’s where folk who wish to stitch you up will prey but I just commented on one of the festival posts on social media seeing if anyone was looking to get rid of tickets.

Had a few messages and just said I wasn’t going to be paying more than £60 for the pair and how I understood if they wanted to hunt around for more money but to message me if they got desperate.

Yeah it's a tough one doing it via social media, though here is my preferred option to buy and sell if going along those lines as you can look at post history and get a good feel for the perso . 

 I like the protection of Twickets (plus I'm well behind them as a concept - always been a fan due to the face value approach). I ended up buying Reading weekend tickets in 2019 that never arrived, I had my money back a couple of weeks after the dispute was opened and managed to bag some more that did arrive. Very impressed, they were really helpful in letting me know what to do in opening a PayPal dispute.

The concept of a sold out gig (aside from Glastonbury!) seems to be a thing of the past now which I can't complain about. Always face value options to be found 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Dont mind us over here but apparently nobody wants to pay attention to any festivals happening unless it contains with a certain type of audience. ( caucasian ) Total outrage despite it being the only major one thats happening right now with proof of vaxx or a neg test required for entry. We cant have nice things or even try. 

 

 

Is the talk of a new lockdown a serious one? I’d quite like events in Chicago to go ahead as I’m interested in the wrestling at the end of the month and a crowd for it would be amazing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2021 at 9:15 PM, JoeyT said:

It might not be for everyone but waiting until the last moment and bagging tickets for dirt cheap from people who no longer want to go to a given festival is currently a good market.

My tickets for valley fest are worth £310 and I got them for £60… 

Yeah, we had a few dropouts for Farmfestival this weekend and everyone I know who resold took a hit on the price. It was sold out too.

Anything aimed at an older audience is usually good value for a cheap ticket. Any gigs like that, I always wait until last  minute and get a cheap one. Older people are much more likely to not bother at the last minute and don't really care about selling at less than they bought for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Homer said:

Sorry... I've been at an actual festival! Which gig/s would you like a link to?

So what did you end up seeing pal? Any good finds or pleasant surprises?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Quark said:

So what did you end up seeing pal? Any good finds or pleasant surprises?

I didn't actually see many bands, which is unlike me - and what I did see was a bit of a blur! It's a bit vague but the highlight was unsurprisingly Snapped Ankles. Also really enjoyed Talk Show, so thanks to those who recommended, though I only saw 15 mins as they clashed with SA. I mainly saw DJs later on.

I usually watch a lot but was too nice sitting around at the beer stand in the sun with friends I've barely seen for two years catching up with the rolling hills in the background. Was lovely!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Homer said:

I didn't actually see many bands, which is unlike me - and what I did see was a bit of a blur! It's a bit vague but the highlight was unsurprisingly Snapped Ankles. Also really enjoyed Talk Show, so thanks to those who recommended, though I only saw 15 mins as they clashed with SA. I mainly saw DJs later on.

I usually watch a lot but was too nice sitting around at the beer stand in the sun with friends I've barely seen for two years catching up with the rolling hills in the background. Was lovely!

Wholesome 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I didn't actually see many bands, which is unlike me - and what I did see was a bit of a blur! It's a bit vague but the highlight was unsurprisingly Snapped Ankles. Also really enjoyed Talk Show, so thanks to those who recommended, though I only saw 15 mins as they clashed with SA. I mainly saw DJs later on.

I usually watch a lot but was too nice sitting around at the beer stand in the sun with friends I've barely seen for two years catching up with the rolling hills in the background. Was lovely!

Sounds like some class-A action to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Homer said:

I didn't actually see many bands, which is unlike me - and what I did see was a bit of a blur! It's a bit vague but the highlight was unsurprisingly Snapped Ankles. Also really enjoyed Talk Show, so thanks to those who recommended, though I only saw 15 mins as they clashed with SA. I mainly saw DJs later on.
 

Snapped Ankles were great weren’t they? Really enjoyed them! We actually did a lot of sitting around and chatting too. Bit of a change for us but we had a lovely time! 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...