Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Had both my jabs and have zero objection to taking a test prior to going (took one ahead of last night's gig) and sharing the result as required, but there's something about the vaccine passport thing I have deep misgivings about. And I know I'm going to have to make a decision about it come October.

Having said that, the people likening it to apartheid or Nazi Germany can get right in the fucking sea.

Yeh the vaccine passport doesn't sit 100% right with me, bit on the fence atm, but in cases where providing a testing / natural immunity alternative there's no excuse.

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

This is mental

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=374985890653288&id=100044256408248

London Freqs crew. I just did a rapid test with a couple of photos to demonstrate how we’re running things on the door on Friday night & how easy this is, it’s very simple. 1. Take a photo / selfie of yourself with your unused rapid test showing the code & number. (See photo 1 below) 2. Take the test & wait 30 minutes. 3. Take another photo of yourself with the completed test showing the code & number. (See photo 2 below) 4. Bring photos (dated on your phone) & the negative test result with you & you’re in. This takes seconds & couldn’t be easier. This system doesn’t need any NHS or track & trace apps. No data is stored & it’s totally private & between us. If you’re feeling sick or have any Covid symptoms whatsoever please do not even think of coming. We will also be doing temperature checks on the door & have plenty of rapid tests at the venue should anyone not be able to grab rapid tests. 

That's the latitude testing routine for Oxfam volunteers. I think places that actually want to check it will do something like this. 

Although how they'll check on the door I've no idea.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Fontaines DC cancelled their gig tonight and latitude due to a band member catching Covid 

Unfortunately I think this may just be how its going to be for a little while, hopefully festivals will have sense to book some back ups too just in case 

Just now, Chapple12345 said:

Unfortunately I think this may just be how its going to be for a little while, hopefully festivals will have sense to book some back ups too just in case 

Or bands have some backups ready to jump in (although if you're lead singer goes down that becomes a bit harder)

3 hours ago, Gacheezbo said:

Mental the amount of people kicking off in the comments about this. They're not asking for mandatory vaccination ffs, one Karen even calling it medical apartheid. Hope these people don't bother frankly, world is better off without them anyway. 

Exactly the same on the Beautiful Days facebook comments (multiple people). Mental.  

30 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Exactly the same on the Beautiful Days facebook comments (multiple people). Mental.  

You should check out some of the psytrance community comments!   Mind you, these people think you can heal the world with fucking crystals. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

You should check out some of the psytrance community comments!   Mind you, these people think you can heal the world with fucking crystals. 

Oi oi oi! No having a pop at psytrance!!!*

Ben

*yes, many of those that love it are a little bit mental

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oi oi oi! No having a pop at psytrance!!!*

Ben

*yes, many of those that love it are a little bit mental

Love a bit of psy but it’s er… an eclectic community! 

• Upvote 1

Wilderness festival are doing random lateral flow tests on crew and volunteers which is interesting. 

Have to do a 2nd supervised lateral flow test during the festival alongside photos of the pre festival one before arrival with your id.

19 hours ago, stuie said:

Love a bit of psy but it’s er… an eclectic community! 

It's only the miracle of consumer capitalism that means they're not lying in their own shit, dying at 43 with rotten teeth.

Edited by Homer

Guys what are we going to do about Ireland, help me here, I need a bunch of folk from here to come over to Ireland with me and overthrow our government, they seem to be stopping all our festivals and gigs and they need to be put into the ground, help me here.

5 hours ago, pothead pixie said:

Guys what are we going to do about Ireland, help me here, I need a bunch of folk from here to come over to Ireland with me and overthrow our government, they seem to be stopping all our festivals and gigs and they need to be put into the ground, help me here.

Errr a bunch of mostly British people heading across the Irish sea to overthrow the Irish government probably isn't going to go down too well.... That's just a guess though.

13 hours ago, pothead pixie said:

I’ve got a stag do today and Bloodstock Festival in a fortnight but am free in the days in between (as long as it’s not tomorrow as I’ll be hungover)

2 hours ago, Radiochicken said:

If this is true, looks like Glasto is going to be an all vax’d affair 👀

7895A5F0-1E4B-4401-8782-DAF200A265E1.jpeg

can't read the article but the Premier League headline?

They were always going to go above and beyond government guidelines to ensure full stadiums at all times due to the £££ involved. Outdoor summer festival next year is a different animal, I wouldn't put too much weight in it. 

29 minutes ago, august1 said:

can't read the article but the Premier League headline?

They were always going to go above and beyond government guidelines to ensure full stadiums at all times due to the £££ involved. Outdoor summer festival next year is a different animal, I wouldn't put too much weight in it. 

suggestions in the article that this will be government regulation. Latitude currently requiring covid pass for guests, I can see Glastonbury requiring double vaccination, especially being the first event coming out of an expected bad winter.

Wonder if that means the healing fields will be less busy! How many who are against vaccines would still be if it means they can't go?

Screenshot_20210725-010834.thumb.png.5f9d040c81905bbc2a26b5fec1c121fb.png

5 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

suggestions in the article that this will be government regulation. Latitude currently requiring covid pass for guests, I can see Glastonbury requiring double vaccination, especially being the first event coming out of an expected bad winter.

Wonder if that means the healing fields will be less busy! How many who are against vaccines would still be if it means they can't go?

Good news for me and my lack of ticket/whacky pro-vaccine viewpoint.

7 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I wonder if this would make it easier in the resale? 🤞

8 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

I'd expect you'll have needed a booster by then too.

I think I'll try in the October sale, but even after having my 2/3/4/whatever vaccines I will never use vaccine proof to get in somewhere, so if it looks like that's where we're heading I'll give it up ahead of the resale.

I just don't believe that vaccine proof is good enough and makes no sense at all - even the health secretary caught it after two vaccines so it seems illogical and the only conclusion can be that it's about ensuring compliance. If it involved a testing regime like the one above, where you prove the negative test via a picture or whatever that sounds much more logical to actually stop the virus spreading.