Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

On 7/16/2021 at 4:28 PM, steviewevie said:

impressed they're going for it...hope it works out ok. Might try and get tickets myself, but reckon will struggle. Love Greenman, great festival.

Not going to try as with BD lined up its only fair I leave tix for others this year I reckon. Just hoping BD doesnt cancel but looks OK so far...

18 minutes ago, nikkic said:

APE have issued a statement saying they are going ahead with things. 

Good stuff. Would be lying if I wasn’t still a bit anxious about this, but fuck it, once I’m in I’m sure I’ll be right back in the festival mentality. Looking forward to it!

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Good stuff. Would be lying if I wasn’t still a bit anxious about this, but fuck it, once I’m in I’m sure I’ll be right back in the festival mentality. Looking forward to it!

I think most of us will have anxiety to some degree so you won’t be alone in that. Par for the course I think.

What day are you going to?

15 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I think most of us will have anxiety to some degree so you won’t be alone in that. Par for the course I think.

What day are you going to?

The Foals day for me! Kinda annoyed they haven’t replaced Roisin Murphy as she was a big draw for me, but ho hum, certainly enough good stuff to keep me busy regardless. 

Edited by FloorFiller

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Foals day for me! Kinda annoyed they haven’t replaced Roisin Murphy as she was a big draw for me, but ho hum, certainly enough good stuff to keep me busy regardless. 

Aye it's a crying shame there's seemingly no Roisin replacement lined up, only hope is they were waiting to see if they were 100% going ahead before nabbing a replacement?

Of my booked festivals 3 of 4 are in the bin! I can’t believe I used to come on this thread and tell you all to stop being so bloody pessimistic 😂😂

69CDEEA3-8116-4798-9828-DED1D9100AB9.jpeg

• Like 1

I belong to a higher age group, double-jabbed (AZ) a while ago. I have a few outdoor gigs and festivals to attend in mid to late August and early September penciled in. Of them, two are in down South and NW, taking some substantial hours for me to get there by train.

Coming to this stage and especially reading this news from the Netherlands that 1k out of the 20k attendees of a certain music festival were found Covid-positive after the event, I’m starting to wonder if it’s a good idea to do.

I speculate from the NL news that it is almost certain any music event of sufficient size will end up bearing some Covid-positive cases among the attendees, be it a small or large number (that every attendee has to present proof of vaccination or negative test result guarantees there will be ZERO carrier in the site seems to be naive to me). Then, if unfortunately somebody is found infected, will I be contacted by the event organizers or some authority and asked to self-quarantine for a certain period of time, let alone having a test, LFT or PCR, and regardless of the result of it?

My wife is not a keen gig-goer and mostly I go on my own, this time no exception. And if I should go under such condition, she won’t be certainly pleased, as it is likely she will have to do the same as I do, as a second contact.

I’m guessing some (or many) of you here are under a similar situation in regard to family members. I’d appreciate your thoughts and comments. Thanks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/15/music-festival-in-holland-leads-to-over-1000-covid-infections.html

18 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

Coming to this stage and especially reading this news from the Netherlands that 1k out of the 20k attendees of a certain music festival were found Covid-positive after the event, I’m starting to wonder if it’s a good idea to do.

If it allays your fear at all, there was mass crowding under tents during spells of rain, long queues for tightly-packed shuttles, and they only had a 48hr negative test requirement rather than a more useful 24hrs — which the organisers admitted was a fuck-up.

A botched test, basically.

34 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

I belong to a higher age group, double-jabbed (AZ) a while ago. I have a few outdoor gigs and festivals to attend in mid to late August and early September penciled in. Of them, two are in down South and NW, taking some substantial hours for me to get there by train.

I speculate from the NL news that it is almost certain any music event of sufficient size will end up bearing some Covid-positive cases among the attendees, be it a small or large number (that every attendee has to present proof of vaccination or negative test result guarantees there will be ZERO carrier in the site seems to be naive to me). Then, if unfortunately somebody is found infected, will I be contacted by the event organizers or some authority and asked to self-quarantine for a certain period of time, let alone having a test, LFT or PCR, and regardless of the result of it?

My wife is not a keen gig-goer and mostly I go on my own, this time no exception. And if I should go under such condition, she won’t be certainly pleased, as it is likely she will have to do the same as I do, as a second contact.

I’m guessing some (or many) of you here are under a similar situation in regard to family members. I’d appreciate your thoughts and comments. Thanks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/15/music-festival-in-holland-leads-to-over-1000-covid-infections.html

14 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

If it allays your fear at all, there was mass crowding under tents during spells of rain, long queues for tightly-packed shuttles, and they only had a 48hr negative test requirement rather than a more useful 24hrs — which the organisers admitted was a fuck-up.

Yep everything said here plus - they classified vaccinated as anyone who'd had one jab...immediately after they'd had it. Outdoors you'll be fine

37 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

I was going to post this. That's a massive number and they reduced to time previous from 40 hours down to 24 hours which I believe means that a PCR test or covid test isn't guaranteed to get back to you in time. Only the LFT is which is silly anyway. 

Also it's no coincidence that the British cases soared through the roof within the 4 days following the final of the euros.

Just seen loads of the old school raver/clubbing pages I follow on Facebook losing their shit about needing two jabs to get into nightclubs.

Gotta say, not completely shocked to see a load of people who spent their formative years doing class As developing paranoia/conspiracy issues.

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just seen loads of the old school raver/clubbing pages I follow on Facebook losing their shit about needing two jabs to get into nightclubs.

Gotta say, not completely shocked to see a load of people who spent their formative years doing class As developing paranoia/conspiracy issues.

I could see it coming as soon as they gave nightclubs the option to do it now or not. Paves the way for spreading the blame, shutting clubs down whilst they get the certification top and running again. It's sad for those businesses as I can see them becoming the scapegoats.

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

“and other big events by end of September”

looks like it could be mandatory for festivals? Should have been relaxed by next summer in theory, but I thought it would be over by May 2019 so don’t ask me 

Just now, Old_Johno said:

looks like it could be mandatory for festivals? Should have been relaxed by next summer in theory, but I thought it would be over by May 2019 so don’t ask me 

Very Nostradamus of you 😉

9 hours ago, Old_Johno said:

Yeah, haha. Last March at the lockdown announcement, I was looking at the calendar counting the weeks until my May weekend break in Ibiza wondering whether the pandemic would be over by then.

ive currently miscalculated by 14 months haha.

17 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

16 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yep everything said here plus - they classified vaccinated as anyone who'd had one jab...immediately after they'd had it. Outdoors you'll be fine

16 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I was going to post this. That's a massive number and they reduced to time previous from 40 hours down to 24 hours which I believe means that a PCR test or covid test isn't guaranteed to get back to you in time. Only the LFT is which is silly anyway. 

Also it's no coincidence that the British cases soared through the roof within the 4 days following the final of the euros.

Many thanks for your comments.

For all the inappropriate measures that shouldn’t have been taken at the Dutch festival, worries still remain there.

Do all these people reveling in their freedom in nightclubs and gigs not have slightest concerns that may go beyond themselves, family members who don’t share interest with them having to isolate as well if things turn out wrong, I wonder?

1 minute ago, zzzfest said:

Many thanks for your comments.

For all the inappropriate measures that shouldn’t have been taken at the Dutch festival, worries still remain there.

Do all these people reveling in their freedom in nightclubs and gigs not have slightest concerns that may go beyond themselves, family members who don’t share interest with them having to isolate as well if things turn out wrong, I wonder?

In the UK, most older people should be vaxxed. So if younger people want to risk clubs, up to them 

15 hours ago, Homer said:

Yea but you would say that cus you are paid by the illuminati to spread this kind of misinformation

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

In the UK, most older people should be vaxxed. So if younger people want to risk clubs, up to them 

Hope so...

The problem is, even double vaccination is not effective enough against Covid, especially AZ which is reported to be appx 60% effective, more or less.

Let’s see what will happen (or not, hopefully) next few weeks.

7 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

Hope so...

The problem is, even double vaccination is not effective enough against Covid, especially AZ which is reported to be appx 60% effective, more or less.

Let’s see what will happen (or not, hopefully) next few weeks.

I'm curious as to what the answer would be if you're suggesting it's not safe for a club full of vaccinated people to dance? 

If this isn't safe then presumably it'll never be safe and so mass events, Glastonbury included, should cease to exist? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, El Matador said:

I'm curious as to what the answer would be if you're suggesting it's not safe for a club full of vaccinated people to dance? 

If this isn't safe then presumably it'll never be safe and so mass events, Glastonbury included, should cease to exist? 

I don’t have a concrete answer myself, obviously.

All I can do is see how things are going for the time being.