Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Looking with envy at the news of UK festivals being hopeful of going ahead.

Ireland is still in level 5 lockdown. The nearest thing to relaxation of rules is extending the travel and exercise limit from 5 to 20 km.  We are told to forget about summer holidays.  I didn't manage to get a Glastonbury ticket anyway, but have rollovers from Womad and Cambridge Folk Festival which I won't be able to use.

Feeling sorry for myself....  I have had Covid, am vaccinated and ready.

Oh no! Why won't you be able to use your rollover tickets? Travel restrictions? Or are those festivals not on?

☹️

Ben

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Close to pulling the trigger on Truckfest, we’re a group ranging from early to late thirties, will we be too old and what’s it like?

I’ve been to most of them since it started.

Like many festivals it’s got a younger crowd but there is a decent mix overall of attendees and I’m 39 and I don’t feel old at all at the festival.  I still come and camp even though I live 2 miles away and if you prefer glamping there are plenty of options on that too. 

Camping tends to be more younger people but a lot of local people of all ages come in and out each day so in the arena you won’t notice it at all.  

it’s a great little festival (about 18k these days) with  a very friendly and relaxed vibe. 🙂

Edited by gooner1990
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh no! Why won't you be able to use your rollover tickets? Travel restrictions? Or are those festivals not on?

☹️

Ben

Womad are hopeful.  Cambridge have yet to make an announcement, but Ireland have an international travel ban that is expected to continue for months.  

I am presuming refund or rollover should be an option if the government travel ban continues.  

Edited by Watergirl

6 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Womad are hopeful.  Cambridge have yet to make an announcement, but Ireland have an international travel ban that is expected to continue for months.  

I am presuming refund or rollover should be an option if the government travel ban continues.  

Sorry to hear that. Been less engaged in the news recently so didn't realise things were quite so crap over there. Hope it gets better soon!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Really hope WOMAD is on. Lovely festival. Sorry about your situation.

Edited by westholtschic
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'm just sulking because my mates have decided to act their age and we are going to Farmfest against my will (5,000 people).

If you are up for it any live music/festival will be brilliant after this past year and a bit.

Baxter Dury, Beak> and Snapped Ankles as initial acts is brilliant for £100 ish.

3 minutes ago, Copperface said:

If you are up for it any live music/festival will be brilliant after this past year and a bit.

Baxter Dury, Beak> and Snapped Ankles as initial acts is brilliant for £100 ish.

Nice one mate, am a big BD and SA fan (seen both before) so will check out Beak.

I just reckon you get more bang for your buck, paying £130 for Truck for an extra day and they had Foals headline (are they big enough?!) two years ago!

Sod it though, my mates made the decision so I can always passive-aggressively sulk all weekend if needs be (win-win!).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I’ve been to most of them since it started.

Like many festivals it’s got a younger crowd but there is a decent mix overall of attendees and I’m 39 and I don’t feel old at all at the festival.  I still come and camp even though I live 2 miles away and if you prefer glamping there are plenty of options on that too. 

Camping tends to be more younger people but a lot of local people of all ages come in and out each day so in the arena you won’t notice it at all.  

it’s a great little festival (about 18k these days) with  a very friendly and relaxed vibe. 🙂

Cheers for that, I’m 39 also so that’s really good to know. One of my friends brothers has been a few times and he says it’s good, but he’s early twenties, so good to get a view from someone my own age! 

7 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Cheers for that, I’m 39 also so that’s really good to know. One of my friends brothers has been a few times and he says it’s good, but he’s early twenties, so good to get a view from someone my own age! 

We tend to camp near the front of the camping area (next to the main stage) seems to be more older people around there.  If you’re in the thick of it you might feel a bit old but most fellow campers are good natured as it’s a fairly chilled festival.

In the arena you won’t really notice it (well I don’t anyway!)

28 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I went years ago (albeit for the day) and had a good time. I think if you like Glasto you'll enjoy it.

We bit the bullet and booked Wilderness today. We were planning to go to Lost Village but that sold out yesterday which kicked us into action as it seems there is a huge scramble for festival tickets. 

Bit worried it might be too posh but it does look like there is loads to do so I am excited.

May book Green Man when tickets go onsale and considering Truck as well.

9 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

We bit the bullet and booked Wilderness today. We were planning to go to Lost Village but that sold out yesterday which kicked us into action as it seems there is a huge scramble for festival tickets. 

Bit worried it might be too posh but it does look like there is loads to do so I am excited.

It definitely is posh - quite a bit more than any other festival I've been to. But for the most part I find that it's more on the bohemian and indulgent side of posh rather than on the stuffy, formal side and personally I don't find it to be too overbearing or annoying - there's certainly things I look at and laugh, but could easily ignore and move on. I'm much more likely to go back to Wilderness than Latitude for example, which isn't "as" posh but yet I found to be a lot more pretentious and restrictive.

Edited by incident

9 minutes ago, incident said:

It definitely is posh - quite a bit more than any other festival I've been to. But for the most part I find that it's more on the bohemian and indulgent side of posh rather than on the stuffy, formal side and personally I don't find it to be too overbearing or annoying - there's certainly things I look at and laugh, but could easily ignore and move on. I'm much more likely to go back to Wilderness than Latitude for example, which isn't "as" posh but yet I found to be a lot more pretentious and restrictive.

That's interesting to hear. I guess I just want to make sure there's a decent party vibe!

44 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

We're in basically the exact same boat - told our mates we needed to get LV or Boomtown tickets and then they'd sold out.

Somethings stopping us pulling the trigger on Wilderness, I think a lineup would convince everyone, but by then it'll probably be sold out.

So we may just stick to day festivals at this rate. A shame but at least Summer generally will be a proper party regardless.

The one wildcard is Sonar in Barca as a few of us have flights to Barca we need to use. Anyone know if it's likely to go ahead? June date so I'd assume it would move, a move to August would be perfect...

12 minutes ago, Zacko said:

We're in basically the exact same boat - told our mates we needed to get LV or Boomtown tickets and then they'd sold out.

Somethings stopping us pulling the trigger on Wilderness, I think a lineup would convince everyone, but by then it'll probably be sold out.

So we may just stick to day festivals at this rate. A shame but at least Summer generally will be a proper party regardless.

The one wildcard is Sonar in Barca as a few of us have flights to Barca we need to use. Anyone know if it's likely to go ahead? June date so I'd assume it would move, a move to August would be perfect...

I want to go to another foreign one too, but am just going to wait and see. The issue is you don't know if you'll need to quarantine or pay £100-odd for a test to get in/out/both of any country.

Regardless, with only a Farmfest ticket, want to do a big fest too - and realistically I think that means getting a pair of Boomtown tickets or going abroad.

Edited by Homer

Just now, sisco said:

Thought they were planning to move to September?! 

Oh thanks, was just heading to the foreign forums to find out! Quite handy for me as been to a fair few Spanish and Portuguese ones, nut never Prima/ Do you know if they are keeping the same line-up?

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

I want to go to another foreign one too, but am just going to wait and see. The issue is you don't know if you'll need to quarantine or pay £100-odd for a test to get in/out/both of any country.

The other concern about foreign is that if even you're allowed to travel, there's no guarantee the flights will run or what the schedule will be.

I've got a gig booked for Dublin in June, and have already had Ryanair cancel my flights so getting there and back would be a lot more hassle than I intended.. Though for that one I'm a bit more relaxed as I think it's unlikely to actually go ahead. Not sure I'd want to risk needing flights for a proper festival this year though.

3 hours ago, Watergirl said:

Does an international travel ban include the UK though? The two countries are in the Common Travel Area.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

... shit the bed, I've just seen the Primavera Barca line-up! 2nd June seems a bit soon though!

Stonking lineup isn't it! 

Someone posted on here they were moving to September 11th (I think? Either then or the weekend before or after that)

Annoying as we've got Love Saves the Day and then Tokyo World early September - that's why I was praying that Sonar would maybe move to July or August! 

59 minutes ago, incident said:

It definitely is posh - quite a bit more than any other festival I've been to. But for the most part I find that it's more on the bohemian and indulgent side of posh...

Yup.  Most people there seem to have done their pre-festival booze and snacks shopping in Waitrose. Nowt wrong with that though...