Jump to content

Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...


Chrisp1986
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Scanning the code is a lot easier then building an AI that's capable of recognising the lines in the myriad of light settings people will be submitting. Or have manual verification of the photos.

Possible but at the scale these tests are operating expensive and tbh not worth it for the few dickheads that'd test positive and still go.

If they made people send photos of their tests I'm sure they could pay serco  £1000per hour (with just under minimum wage going to the employees of course) to get a few in to to spot check some tests and hand out some large fines

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Suprefan said:

 

Good. For Glastonbury to go ahead, it’ll be essential for other large events to take place without incident or for lessons to be learned. 

Edited by kalifire
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly, on the day Noisily was supposed to start, this thread disappeared to Page 2.  

Have we all given up any hope now? 

I'm very happy for the people at Wembley - and for the nation, but after last night... but I can't help feeling we've been kicked in our communal bollocks.  Watching those scenes and still not being able to do what we love is total bullshit.

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Sadly, on the day Noisily was supposed to start, this thread disappeared to Page 2.  

Have we all given up any hope now? 

I'm very happy for the people at Wembley - and for the nation, but after last night... but I can't help feeling we've been kicked in our communal bollocks.  Watching those scenes and still not being able to do what we love is total bullshit.

 

Yep I'm with you - making me resent the football to be honest, I'm not particularly happy for them out of bitterness around the long term effects on the music industry 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Sadly, on the day Noisily was supposed to start, this thread disappeared to Page 2.  

Have we all given up any hope now? 

I'm very happy for the people at Wembley - and for the nation, but after last night... but I can't help feeling we've been kicked in our communal bollocks.  Watching those scenes and still not being able to do what we love is total bullshit.

 

Hope of what? I can't see why anyone would have given up hope of festivals going ahead, it looks more positive right now than it has done in a while. There's at least two - Latitude and Standon Calling - that have already started their builds and open their gates in a fortnight - Standon in particular will be the first non-distanced, non-ERP camping festival to take place in nearly 2 years and so if they're ok to proceed then other events should be as well.

Yes, obviously the needless and futile delay from June 21st was a kick in the balls and caused more unnecessary cancellations, but past July 19th there's still several festivals scheduled to go ahead - there's a couple dozen of them listed on the previous pages. Personally, I've got 5 booked in albeit a couple of them are ones that I wouldn't consider in a normal year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shambala announced their music line-up for Camp Kin on Friday and it has really ramped up the excitement for me even though I don't know any of the acts on my weekend! The thought of dancing in a field with friends once more is enough.

I did just that on Friday for a little socially distanced village gig with a band and a DJ. Was absolutely cathartic to be dancing again! We need this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm also now massively looking forward to Hot Chip and New Order in September. Going to be emotional!

What an amazing day that'll be! Not ashamed to say it but I think I might shed a few tears of joy when I finally get to Latitude in a couple of weeks, it'll feel a proper moment to celebrate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm also now massively looking forward to Hot Chip and New Order in September. Going to be emotional!

I was massively looking forward to it anyway. 2 of my top 3 favourite bands and I get to return 'home'. If my house sales have not completed by then, it will probably be the last time I stay in my house. If they have, I will be staying at my parents. Going to be funny, sneaking up the stairs in the early hours, drunk as a skunk and trying not to wake anyone up. Just hope City are at home home that weekend as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

What an amazing day that'll be! Not ashamed to say it but I think I might shed a few tears of joy when I finally get to Latitude in a couple of weeks, it'll feel a proper moment to celebrate 

Will almost definitely cry to Hot Chip. They had me just watching the live streamed gig last year!

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I was massively looking forward to it anyway. 2 of my top 3 favourite bands and I get to return 'home'. If my house sales have not completed by then, it will probably be the last time I stay in my house. If they have, I will be staying at my parents. Going to be funny, sneaking up the stairs in the early hours, drunk as a skunk and trying not to wake anyone up. Just hope City are at home home that weekend as well.

Oh yeah I've always been massively looking forward to, don't get me wrong. But Friday night is the first time I've danced to music in a field since 2019 and that has really intensified my excitement for it as I now remember what I've been missing much more acutely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2021 at 12:13 PM, stuie said:

Sadly, on the day Noisily was supposed to start, this thread disappeared to Page 2.  

Have we all given up any hope now? 

I'm very happy for the people at Wembley - and for the nation, but after last night... but I can't help feeling we've been kicked in our communal bollocks.  Watching those scenes and still not being able to do what we love is total bullshit.

 

Not given up hope here - am going to Latitude next week, camping at Worthy Farm in August, Victorious Festival Aug Bank holiday weekend and Frank Turner’s Lost Evenings festival in September. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, sedra said:

Not given up hope here - am going to Latitude next week, camping at Worthy Farm in August, Victorious Festival Aug Bank holiday weekend and Frank Turner’s Lost Evenings festival in September. 

August/September has never looked busier on my calendar!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

How many eFestivalers are going to Latitude? 

Me - we bought tickets a while ago back in March after Glastonbury was cancelled again on the off chance it would go ahead. And the line up now is pretty good considering. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For these festivals that are happening do people think there might be some special guests that might appear on the lineups just for something to do ? Or will it need to fit with a new release and or tour ? Playing below the station they might usually command on a festival lineup … 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

How many eFestivalers are going to Latitude? 

Same here, been to every edition bar one (excluding last year!) since 2010 and its always my highlight of the year, such a great festival 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

For these festivals that are happening do people think there might be some special guests that might appear on the lineups just for something to do ? Or will it need to fit with a new release and or tour ? Playing below the station they might usually command on a festival lineup … 

Damon albarn is already added to Latitude on a small stage so it looks like it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

How many eFestivalers are going to Latitude? 

Me. Been here for 2 weeks. Can't wait to gates open, it's going to be special 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

For these festivals that are happening do people think there might be some special guests that might appear on the lineups just for something to do ? Or will it need to fit with a new release and or tour ? Playing below the station they might usually command on a festival lineup … 

It's quite possible I guess.. but for me the lineups this year are less important than ever. Just can't wait to be back at a proper festival.

In all honesty I'd not even consider Latitude in a normal year, but right now I'm looking forward to it as much as I do Glastonbury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...