Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So that Standon announcement basically confirms that festivals are *allowed* to go ahead in step 4. Some may cancel over the insurance issue still. 

Wow that's a shocker! Impressive though.

Having booked latitude under the assumption y not will be cancelled who knows maybe itll be 2 weekends in a row if they follow Standon 😂

Just like the old days...v and Leeds a week apart

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

So that Standon announcement basically confirms that festivals are *allowed* to go ahead in step 4. Some may cancel over the insurance issue still. 

That's absolutely fucking massive.

Why or what have they seen or been told?

Why ain't more of the bigges festivals coming out and saying the same.

If festivals can provide the exact same level of tests etc then they should be allowed to go on!

4 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

That's absolutely fucking massive.

Why or what have they seen or been told?

Why ain't more of the bigges festivals coming out and saying the same.

If festivals can provide the exact same level of tests etc then they should be allowed to go on!

I assume it's because they're fucked either way and go bankrupt if it's cancelled now or the day before so they're pressing on with it. 

If you can take the risk through either deep pockets or imminent business Armageddon you'd take it.

16 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I assume it's because they're fucked either way and go bankrupt if it's cancelled now or the day before so they're pressing on with it. 

If you can take the risk through either deep pockets or imminent business Armageddon you'd take it.

Very true.

Just wished more of the "bigger" festivals who won't be apart of the Test Events say a huge fuck you to the Gov and go forward.

Got a feeling Creamfields and a few others will do the same

3 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Very true.

Just wished more of the "bigger" festivals who won't be apart of the Test Events say a huge fuck you to the Gov and go forward.

Got a feeling Creamfields and a few others will do the same

The wording from both those going ahead mentioned their local authorities so it's as if everyone's just stopped waiting for Central government. Will only work if 19th July does go ahead and they dont insist on their test event results before allowing any more

17 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Full speed ahead here on the build at Latitude, wouldn't think it's over 3 weeks away! 

Can't wait to be there soon! Always a highlight of my year and it'll be my first big event back too. Are there any changes to the layout this year or very much the same? 

Another confirmation from Standon Calling today, and new acts added, including Arlo Parks.  Though if she is below jake bugg as the poster below suggests, someone at the festival needs to lose their job!

Edited by Greenelk

Bloodstock still defiant for August, although Adam Gregory who is one of the organisers said mid July is when they have to really commit. Most of the bill is UK based with a handful of international acts who are committed to this a single event, so line-up wise it is solid. I am confident it will go ahead.

14 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Can't wait to be there soon! Always a highlight of my year and it'll be my first big event back too. Are there any changes to the layout this year or very much the same? 

Not been before so can't help sorry 

I think there are two ways to look at the whole "who knows who" thing with festival events.

1. we get frustrated at the continuing reality that it's all about who has the ear of people in government, and resent the fact that things like R&L or Latitude can go ahead while *insert your preferred festival here* is left out in the cold and fucked by the govt

or

2. we look at it as these events happening might not be by the route that we'd like to see, but recognise that actually the benefit is that it's forcing these kinds of events into the testing process and means that at least we as festival goers have at least got a place at the table. And still resent the fuck out of the govt for generally being twats.

I'm going with 2.  Need a glass half full mindset at the moment or else I'll go nuts.

• Upvote 2

For Standon Calling to be allowed to go ahead (without either ERP status, or as a socially distanced event) we need two things to be true:

1) Step 4 must go ahead on 19th July

2) Large events, without social distancing, must be allowed in step 4

Now, the first we can be pretty confident of. The mood music from all sides of the debate is that it’s looking good for step 4 on the 19th. All adults offered a jab and 2/3 of the adult population fully vaccinated is enough to reduce coronavirus to a flu like illness that we can manage, so we can be confident that step 4 will get the go ahead in a few weeks.

The second thing I’m less confident of because step 4 only specifies “social contact”, not large events, which will still be subject to review. The fact that an event has self-confirmed without having ERP status tells me that the government intend to go ahead and allow large gigs, full capacity sports events and the like from 19th July. I have a suspicion that they’re being a bit coy about it because they secretly want a lot of late July/early August festivals to cancel purely due to the bad optics of having LOTS of mass gatherings during the likely peak of the exit wave, but they’ll announce it on the 12th to allow a few events to go ahead. Standon have likely had a tip-off that the likes of Kendal Calling and Truck are not privy to.

I also wouldn’t rule out the possibility that indoor events will remain restricted, although even this is trending the other way now given that we are hearing nightclubs will be opening on the 19th.

My prediction is that large events will be permitted however anything over a certain limit (say 1000 indoors, 10000 outdoors) will require a negative LFT. 

@efcfanwirral thoughts? 

Couple of things we had booked have thrown in the towel yesterday  / today.  I think they were waiting out for an easing on numbers to make the events more cost effective to run and that just aint happened.

Moovin festival barn party was a one nighter on the weekend 10-11 July which looked great fun but has been shit canned till next May.  July was until a couple of days ago looking pretty mint.  Not any more