Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

23 hours ago, Copperface said:

That sounds like a shambles but comparing it to Fyre festival is a bit dramatic! 

I ventured to the outer reaches of other forums on this website (it's a bit like the 'rejected toys under the bed' scene in Tory Story: initially terrifying but it turns out everyone is friendly enough) and found a Supergrass and Therapy? festival with tickets for £7.50!

https://www.godivafestival.com/news/article/93/friday_line-up_announced_for_godiva_festival

Edited by Homer

59 minutes ago, Homer said:

I ventured to the outer reaches of other forums on this website (it's a bit like the 'rejected toys under the bed' scene in Tory Story: initially terrifying but it turns out everyone is friendly enough) and found a Supergrass and Therapy? festival with tickets for £7.50!

https://www.godivafestival.com/news/article/93/friday_line-up_announced_for_godiva_festival

That's pretty cool

Spent this weekend at Lakefest; testing was voluntary beforehand but we did it anyway on their app - but was never asked to show evidence. No masks in any situation, so initially I felt uncomfortable but the whole thing was outdoors. The line up was never likely to generate a mosh pit scenario, but we hugged friends - I guess we just behaved sensibly & had a fantastic festival weekend x 

Went to 110 Above this weekend, managed to complete the whole weekend this time which is progress! Seriously though, amazing little festival, couldn't recommend it highly enough. Had the sort of weekend I've been waiting for for two years! 

Onwards to Supergrass, Leeds Fest day, APE day and Neighbourhood Weekender in the next 3 weeks. Making the most of it! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

I went to our local festival this weekend - Farmer Phil's.  What a wonderful little festival (as always).  Loads of little known but talented bands, some larger but still talented bands, (but one crap band who I predict won't be invited back - they didn't go down well - if you want to know look at the line-up, guess and I don't think you will be wrong).  Great company and  cheapish real ale.   Dancing in the fields with a beer in hand and seeing familiar faces was wonderful.  And I am now completely knackered.  Roll on next year - I absolutely love that festival - small but beautifully formed.

16 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I went to our local festival this weekend - Farmer Phil's.  What a wonderful little festival (as always).  Loads of little known but talented bands, some larger but still talented bands, (but one crap band who I predict won't be invited back - they didn't go down well - if you want to know look at the line-up, guess and I don't think you will be wrong).  Great company and  cheapish real ale.   Dancing in the fields with a beer in hand and seeing familiar faces was wonderful.  And I am now completely knackered.  Roll on next year - I absolutely love that festival - small but beautifully formed.

I was there for the first time over the weekend well actually from the Tuesday will defo be back next year.

Parking next to your tent is a game changer especially as I was there with 5 kids.

I thought Doctor and the Medics and a Ska Burst were the highlights musically, wood fired pizza's were also cool nom nom

I would love to know the band you thought were awful, T'Paul brought the crowd down most of who seemed to leave me included a shame as they followed the great high energy set from Ska Burst as I mentioned above.

1 hour ago, worthyraver said:

I was there for the first time over the weekend well actually from the Tuesday will defo be back next year.

Parking next to your tent is a game changer especially as I was there with 5 kids.

I thought Doctor and the Medics and a Ska Burst were the highlights musically, wood fired pizza's were also cool nom nom

I would love to know the band you thought were awful, T'Paul brought the crowd down most of who seemed to leave me included a shame as they followed the great high energy set from Ska Burst as I mentioned above.

It was T'Pau I was thinking of - for a variety of reasons.  I'll say the positive first, they sounded good.  But, here come the negatives: 

• their style of music is just not right for the festival which does not on the whole include bland 80s pop but more ska/reggae/punk/folk with a bit of rock thrown in
  • especially wrong for the time of day - sandwiched between SkaBurst and The Mighty Vipers just highlighted how boring they were
  • Carol Decker is a cow - known for it in Shropshire, her remarks about people who were furloughed and how she couldn't wait to get out of Shropshire did not go down well but she didn't like the reaction to her comment
  • Apparently she was a diva back stage too (but that's only heresay)
  • They finished early (a blessing for me!) presumably because they weren't getting the love they felt they deserved.  Unprofessional.   

I only stayed because I thought there was nothing on the Woodlands stage but discovered afterwards there was a DJ set - I definitely would have gone there had I known.  I didn't speak to anyone who enjoyed them or who had been looking forward to seeing them.  A strange booking.  And I think most of the people in the field were just waiting for the Mighty Vipers - almost no one left after T'Pau finished.  And the Mighty Vipers actually played for longer than scheduled because of the extra time.  So I was doubly happy T'Pau finished early!

I do agree with you that being able to park next to your tent is bloody wonderful.  My highlights musically were

• SkaBurst - they have played at most of the Farmer Phil's I've been to and never disappoint
  • The Endings - another local band who are always entertaining
  • Hunted by Elephants - absolutely blew the crowd away on the Woodland Stage.  Would expect them to be on the main stage next year
  • Mighty Vipers - another band who have appeared before - two years ago on the Woodland Stage (I don't know how they all fitted on!) and wowed the crowd so much they were promoted to the main stage.
  • Old Time Sailors - the type of act I love to find at these sort of festivals - such a feelgood act to dance along to.
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, worthyraver said:

This is one of my top reasons why working Glasto is better. Ok, not next to car but within 5 mins walk! 

On 8/16/2021 at 8:44 AM, Homer said:

Godiva is a great little festival, used to be free. The drawback however, is it’s all funded by the council, arts funds or some such which means limited funds so even the headliners were restricted to 30-40 minutes. Could all be different now of course, been a few years since I last went.

Edited by John the Moth
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Being minutes away from the car makes Worthy View worth the money.

This is plausible and while I had a giggle and fitted it bands working. Able to have a nice shower bar the cut off that happened. It's not better than having 5 days choice of be where you want to.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is plausible and while I had a giggle and fitted it bands working. Able to have a nice shower bar the cut off that happened. It's not better than having 5 days choice of be where you want to.

Folks and strokes innit. Works great for me, especially as I tend to spend a lot of time early in the day and after the headliners up around The Park.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Folks and strokes innit. Works great for me, especially as I tend to spend a lot of time early in the day and after the headliners up around The Park.

The Park on a Thursday night is the place to be. Stonebridge Bar and up the hill. Though had to detour to Avalon tent for Rhythm of the 90s the other year after.