Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

6 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

"The scheme doesn’t, however, cover a festival needing to reduce capacity or cancel due to social distancing restrictions being reintroduced, so it remains imperative that Government continues to work with the sector in areas such as COVID certification to try and avoid such an eventuality and ensure that organisers can plan with increased confidence for 2022.”

hopefully just an oversight...

Good to see steps in the right direction though 

So what does it cover?

7 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

"The scheme doesn’t, however, cover a festival needing to reduce capacity or cancel due to social distancing restrictions being reintroduced, so it remains imperative that Government continues to work with the sector in areas such as COVID certification to try and avoid such an eventuality and ensure that organisers can plan with increased confidence for 2022.”

If the govt basically bans all festival or gig because of high infections.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

If the govt basically bans all festival or gig because of high infections.

But not "restrictions" on them - so my interpretation from what the industry people said on that quote is that none post mid-May would have been covered because technically they COULD have happened, they just needed to have less people and keep them 2 metres apart. Impossible, but they weren't mandated to cancel 

Not one festival this year was actually banned, they just had severe restrictions that made them unviable. The small print could be pretty important here. And actually even if we have winter restrictions, you'd expect them lifted to similar levels as mid May by the time any festival would happen anyway so sounds like it needs that tightening up 

Edited by efcfanwirral

17 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

So government have produced an insurance scheme that will protect festival organisers in the event they have to cancel due to a general lockdown being imposed but it doesn't help when unlocked with restrictions still imposed, e.g. social distancing, attendance limits, additional testing etc. Provides clarity but there is still a large element of risk being carried by organisers. 

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

So government have produced an insurance scheme that will protect festival organisers in the event they have to cancel due to a general lockdown being imposed but it doesn't help when unlocked with restrictions still imposed, e.g. social distancing, attendance limits, additional testing etc. Provides clarity but there is still a large element of risk being carried by organisers. 

Exactly!

Its a token gesture, 6 months too late and inadequate for what it is required for. 

Typical of the Tories to hail this as doing the live events sector a favour...

Frustrating that the governments insurance and support has probably all come a bit too late. Had several festivals lined up this year but they all bit the dust in July. Didn't have much of an interest in the festivals in August, Wilderness etc - all a bit to tweed for me.

Ah well, onwards for next year.

3 minutes ago, MrBarry465 said:

Frustrating that the governments insurance and support has probably all come a bit too late. Had several festivals lined up this year but they all bit the dust in July. Didn't have much of an interest in the festivals in August, Wilderness etc - all a bit to tweed for me.

Ah well, onwards for next year.

There’s still some tickets floating about on resale sites for existing ones … beautiful days for example … there’s opportunities out there … 

Edited by crazyfool1

On the train back from volunteering at wilderness. It was joyous. 

Covid checks on the way in for customers, almost everyone was fine with this. They were accepting all manner of proof, NHS App Pass, emails, texts, even some people who brought the actual lateral flow kit. 

Only issue was originally people had to re-check these every time they went back and forth between the car and some got caught out without their phone so were asked to retest on the gate That requirement got dropped by mid-afternoon on the first day. 

Bar staff were in face masks but that was really the only noticeable measure.

Staff got issued wristbands that were scanned at each gate in the site to check you'd had a negative lateral flow in the last 48 hours, stress on Friday having to do that before the music started. 

Otherwise a lovely experience, great music. Loyle carner and Mahalia were great. Bicep fantastic. Jamie xx set out a slightly different vibe showing what he wants to be booked for in the next 1-2 years.

Bloody brilliant time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

On the train back from volunteering at wilderness. It was joyous. 

Covid checks on the way in for customers, almost everyone was fine with this. They were accepting all manner of proof, NHS App Pass, emails, texts, even some people who brought the actual lateral flow kit. 

Only issue was originally people had to re-check these every time they went back and forth between the car and some got caught out without their phone so were asked to retest on the gate That requirement got dropped by mid-afternoon on the first day. 

Bar staff were in face masks but that was really the only noticeable measure.

Staff got issued wristbands that were scanned at each gate in the site to check you'd had a negative lateral flow in the last 48 hours, stress on Friday having to do that before the music started. 

Otherwise a lovely experience, great music. Loyle carner and Mahalia were great. Bicep fantastic. Jamie xx set out a slightly different vibe showing what he wants to be booked for in the next 1-2 years.

Bloody brilliant time.

In what way was Jamie XX different? Was there much from In Colour?

Seeing him at APE in a few weeks.

Glad you had a great time! 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Was also wondering this! The slots he's getting seem to be getting bigger and bigger, and not far off what the xx would be playing usually, I wonder if they'll call it quits after another album or two and do solo stuff...

Then again they seem to be best friends so perhaps they'll just reconvene every five years or so and do their own stuff in between. Seems to be working so far.

7 hours ago, Zacko said:

Was also wondering this! The slots he's getting seem to be getting bigger and bigger, and not far off what the xx would be playing usually, I wonder if they'll call it quits after another album or two and do solo stuff...

Then again they seem to be best friends so perhaps they'll just reconvene every five years or so and do their own stuff in between. Seems to be working so far.

After my first 5 day bender in two years I don't have words right now. Might try again tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zacko said:

I’d say the latter seems likely. 

They can do their own thing and reconvene as and when they fee the need to. 

23 hours ago, nikkic said:

I was there - a couple of songs from In Colour but surprisingly not much.  The start of the set seemed kind of typical Jamie xx, including a Bicep remix which was a nice touch following Bicep's set.  Things got pretty dark and heavy.  And then he played Idontknow and the vibe changed entirely - very high energy after the BPM change, the place was bouncing.  He slowed it down near the end with Could Heaven Ever Be like This, some disco (if I remember correctly), and ended with Gosh.

It was definitely much more genre-hopping than I expected, and in places, pretty close to techno.  It was incredible.  Everyone in the audience was so lovely and happy.  I'm very excited to see what he does with his 3.5hr set at Warehouse Project in November!

Edited by Vidsidasta

1 hour ago, Vidsidasta said:

I was there - a couple of songs from In Colour but surprisingly not much.  The start of the set seemed kind of typical Jamie xx, including a Bicep remix which was a nice touch following Bicep's set.  Things got pretty dark and heavy.  And then he played Idontknow and the vibe changed entirely - very high energy after the BPM change, the place was bouncing.  He slowed it down near the end with Could Heaven Ever Be like This, some disco (if I remember correctly), and ended with Gosh.

It was definitely much more genre-hopping than I expected, and in places, pretty close to techno.  It was incredible.  Everyone in the audience was so lovely and happy.  I'm very excited to see what he does with his 3.5hr set at Warehouse Project in November!

Saw him at WHP in 2017 and it was a whole fucking vibe. Easily the best WHP I've been at! 

1 hour ago, Vidsidasta said:

Wow sounds ace. 

No Loud Places?!