Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Dont mind us over here but apparently nobody wants to pay attention to any festivals happening unless it contains with a certain type of audience. ( caucasian ) Total outrage despite it being the only major one thats happening right now with proof of vaxx or a neg test required for entry. We cant have nice things or even try. 

Is the talk of a new lockdown a serious one? I’d quite like events in Chicago to go ahead as I’m interested in the wrestling at the end of the month and a crowd for it would be amazing. 

On 7/30/2021 at 9:15 PM, JoeyT said:

It might not be for everyone but waiting until the last moment and bagging tickets for dirt cheap from people who no longer want to go to a given festival is currently a good market.

My tickets for valley fest are worth £310 and I got them for £60… 

Yeah, we had a few dropouts for Farmfestival this weekend and everyone I know who resold took a hit on the price. It was sold out too.

Anything aimed at an older audience is usually good value for a cheap ticket. Any gigs like that, I always wait until last  minute and get a cheap one. Older people are much more likely to not bother at the last minute and don't really care about selling at less than they bought for.

29 minutes ago, Quark said:

So what did you end up seeing pal? Any good finds or pleasant surprises?

I didn't actually see many bands, which is unlike me - and what I did see was a bit of a blur! It's a bit vague but the highlight was unsurprisingly Snapped Ankles. Also really enjoyed Talk Show, so thanks to those who recommended, though I only saw 15 mins as they clashed with SA. I mainly saw DJs later on.

I usually watch a lot but was too nice sitting around at the beer stand in the sun with friends I've barely seen for two years catching up with the rolling hills in the background. Was lovely!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Homer said:

I didn't actually see many bands, which is unlike me - and what I did see was a bit of a blur! It's a bit vague but the highlight was unsurprisingly Snapped Ankles. Also really enjoyed Talk Show, so thanks to those who recommended, though I only saw 15 mins as they clashed with SA. I mainly saw DJs later on.

I usually watch a lot but was too nice sitting around at the beer stand in the sun with friends I've barely seen for two years catching up with the rolling hills in the background. Was lovely!

Wholesome 

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Sounds like some class-A action to me.

4 hours ago, Homer said:

Snapped Ankles were great weren’t they? Really enjoyed them! We actually did a lot of sitting around and chatting too. Bit of a change for us but we had a lovely time! 

• Upvote 1

I attended ValleyFest at the weekend.  A bloody lovely little festival (I think about 5-10K people) in a stunning location.  Everyone there was in great spirits, the festival had done everything in its power to make it as COVID safe as possible; increased space, two main stages were open to the elements, plenty of toilets and sanitiser and vaccine checks on the way-in.

Only saw a couple of people wearing masks all weekend and I am currently symptom free and LFT is clear.  The music was pretty decent too with every band genuinely happy to be playing live (apart from The Snuts who had a bit of a chip on their shoulder!).  Even saw the great man Michael Eavis on site!

Very happy to be back and looking forward to BD in a few weeks now.

Edited by Maurice Mecca
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Paul ™ said:

Would rather Bearded did what they did and not risk the future of the festival tbh

Think everyone can recognise that Bearded took the correct decision for them based on the information they had available. The fault here is with the Government actively refusing to provide guidance or any type of certainty to Bearded and other event organisers in a useful timescale.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kusy said:

As the campaign spokesperson quote says, this is just spin. There is no new deal, our musicians remain in the same default position as any other non-EU countries.

22 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

As the campaign spokesperson quote says, this is just spin. There is no new deal, our musicians remain in the same default position as any other non-EU countries.

Heard an interview on LBC yesterday between Tory-apologist Iain Dale and a representative from the industry. Dale just could not, or would not allow himself to, acknowledge the other guy's constant, repeated position that (a) things are much worse for touring musicians to the EU since Brexit, (b) absolutely nothing has changed in the last few weeks, no negotiations have taken place and the pre-existing, significantly worse arrangements have been in place since January and (c) this is just blatant, disingenuous spun-lies from the Tories in an attempt to claim they have done something, whilst once again failing to own the shit show that their championing of Brexit has produced.

Truly the most duplicitous, deceitful government of my lifetime. And I grew up with Thatcher in power.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

If anyone fancies APE on Bank Holiday Monday (Foals/Bombay Bicycle Club/Caribou) - I’m selling our two tickets for £65 each. We ended up going to Latitude and can’t now justify travelling from Liverpool for it, cheers.

Edited by mikegday

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Good news but about 5 months too late 

1 hour ago, dotdash79 said:

Runs until September next year. Will save lots of winter productions, tours and provide reassurance to festivals early next year. 

could have been set up a few months ago. 

"The scheme doesn’t, however, cover a festival needing to reduce capacity or cancel due to social distancing restrictions being reintroduced, so it remains imperative that Government continues to work with the sector in areas such as COVID certification to try and avoid such an eventuality and ensure that organisers can plan with increased confidence for 2022.”

hopefully just an oversight...

Good to see steps in the right direction though