Music Festivals given go ahead from late May...

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Similarly I’m sure there’s a huge majority who have come back from Latitude with no infection (me included).

Me and my family all okay also. Going back to a festival made me so happy.

I really hope festivals and gigs continue and that we all get more opportunities to experience live music  

59 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

Me and my family all okay also. Going back to a festival made me so happy.

I really hope festivals and gigs continue and that we all get more opportunities to experience live music  

I feel like I have opened a packet of pringles and eaten half of them, but I can’t stop now, I need more. Feed me more live music, yum yum 😋 

Edited by Mr Boo

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Search on twitter "latitude covid" 

I don't think festivals are out the woods just yet 😔. If they want to stop spread I don't even think the answer is to only let double vaccinated people in...

Hoping these whole groups getting it are isolated incidents or exaggerations 

There are so many bots and shit stirrers on Twitter, separating fact from fiction is nigh-on impossible. Of course there are cases but the way it's being reported, 50,000 people have tested positive in a crowd of 40,000

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

First big fest in the u.s. with covid protocols just starting today. Lollapalooza in Chicago requires proof of vaxx or a neg test within 72 hours of entry. Lets see how 120,000 per day deal with delta. I predict our summer is not going to end well after this.

I booked my flights at the beginning of the year for Chicago because my friend is running the marathon on October 10th, (she's running Ian just going for the food)....I really thought we'd be back to normal by then but it's not looking good at the moment. Hope your festival goes smoothly 🤞

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

There are so many bots and shit stirrers on Twitter, separating fact from fiction is nigh-on impossible. Of course there are cases but the way it's being reported, 50,000 people have tested positive in a crowd of 40,000

And also some people will be getting covid in their natural environment anyway … so meeting mates or at the pub … so an outdoor festival might help some 

13 minutes ago, gazzared said:

I booked my flights at the beginning of the year for Chicago because my friend is running the marathon on October 10th, (she's running Ian just going for the food)....I really thought we'd be back to normal by then but it's not looking good at the moment. Hope your festival goes smoothly 🤞

We’ll see. Im supposed to go to Chicago in September for Pitchfork.

good job, Parklife. DaBaby removed from The lineup.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Twitter will be a snapshot of the worst …  Id like to see some way of a work around to prove negative tests belong to the person concerned … along with double jabbed … in the short term … the safest way is to prevent covid getting in … and some clear refund policies for those that test positive will help too 

Latitude did have a policy of if you tested positive before or during the festival you'd be entitled to a refund so I imagine most other fests will do the same 

3 hours ago, incident said:

Why on earth would anyone do that?

You'll see exactly what you'd predict even before the festival happened - a few anecdotal accounts, some of which will likely be from bullshitters who didn't even go to the festival.

Yeah this is my thinking, and also most of the posts on there are very much hearsay as well which never help. The EDP round here did an article about people saying they were positive now but gave one single anonymous source. The media will pounce on anyone who says they were positive afterwards and ignore those who weren't, for example my family who went have tested most days since and have all been fine so far and by the sounds of it most other attendees are too so we can hope it stays that way 

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Behave.  don't draw all that shite back into another thread, we've just got this place usable again!

Couldn't resist - I'm like one of those characters in the Vietnamese jungle, still fighting the war 30 years after it finished.

Okay, I am now officially handing in my badge and gun.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Couldn't resist - I'm like one of those characters in the Vietnamese jungle, still fighting the war 30 years after it finished.

Okay, I am now officially handing in my badge and gun.

Homer Hardcastle

22 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Search on twitter "latitude covid" 

I don't think festivals are out the woods just yet 😔. If they want to stop spread I don't even think the answer is to only let double vaccinated people in...

Hoping these whole groups getting it are isolated incidents or exaggerations 

Interestingly, the first two people I've known to fall victim of covid in a fairly long time are either 21 or under. It should be double vaccination for everything.

11 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

Saving Grace featuring Robert Plant and Suzi Dian pull out of the headlining slot of Underneath the Stars Festival.

https://twitter.com/festunderstars/status/1421128917902049285?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

https://twitter.com/BMusic_Ltd

I’m going to spend every day at Reading and Bloodstock crossing my fingers that the bands I want to see don’t pull out.

I won’t fully believe they’re playing until they appear onstage haha.

10 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I’m going to spend every day at Reading and Bloodstock crossing my fingers that the bands I want to see don’t pull out.

I won’t fully believe they’re playing until they appear onstage haha.

Yeah after seeing Latitude have a fair few last minute drop outs (and tbf, pretty decent replacements) I’m expecting similar to happen at any festival  that happens any time soon. Fingers crossed it’s not anybody big and/or that people are going for especially. 

Not a festival but was gutted when whitesnake cancelled gig last year but they have announced new tour next May... so actually bought tickets for the 1st time in forever for something!!!!

Hoping to buy Bearded Theory tickets too as handed mine back in as needed the money

Small steps for me but buying gig tickets has made me happy 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah after seeing Latitude have a fair few last minute drop outs (and tbf, pretty decent replacements) I’m expecting similar to happen at any festival  that happens any time soon. Fingers crossed it’s not anybody big and/or that people are going for especially. 

Post August 16th should be better for that, as it would just be people who are positives rathan contacts 

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Post August 16th should be better for that, as it would just be people who are positives rathan contacts 

It might not be for everyone but waiting until the last moment and bagging tickets for dirt cheap from people who no longer want to go to a given festival is currently a good market.

My tickets for valley fest are worth £310 and I got them for £60… 

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

It might not be for everyone but waiting until the last moment and bagging tickets for dirt cheap from people who no longer want to go to a given festival is currently a good market.

My tickets for valley fest are worth £310 and I got them for £60… 

Where’s the best place to get last minute tickets? 
I used to look on Twickets and Stereoboard but both haven’t had much since gigs restarted.

Dont mind us over here but apparently nobody wants to pay attention to any festivals happening unless it contains with a certain type of audience. ( caucasian ) Total outrage despite it being the only major one thats happening right now with proof of vaxx or a neg test required for entry. We cant have nice things or even try. 

10 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Where’s the best place to get last minute tickets? 
I used to look on Twickets and Stereoboard but both haven’t had much since gigs restarted.

I guess it’s risky because I assume it’s where folk who wish to stitch you up will prey but I just commented on one of the festival posts on social media seeing if anyone was looking to get rid of tickets.

Had a few messages and just said I wasn’t going to be paying more than £60 for the pair and how I understood if they wanted to hunt around for more money but to message me if they got desperate.

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I guess it’s risky because I assume it’s where folk who wish to stitch you up will prey but I just commented on one of the festival posts on social media seeing if anyone was looking to get rid of tickets.

Had a few messages and just said I wasn’t going to be paying more than £60 for the pair and how I understood if they wanted to hunt around for more money but to message me if they got desperate.

Yeah it's a tough one doing it via social media, though here is my preferred option to buy and sell if going along those lines as you can look at post history and get a good feel for the perso . 

I like the protection of Twickets (plus I'm well behind them as a concept - always been a fan due to the face value approach). I ended up buying Reading weekend tickets in 2019 that never arrived, I had my money back a couple of weeks after the dispute was opened and managed to bag some more that did arrive. Very impressed, they were really helpful in letting me know what to do in opening a PayPal dispute.

The concept of a sold out gig (aside from Glastonbury!) seems to be a thing of the past now which I can't complain about. Always face value options to be found